• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New 5 Dollar players

Private Who?

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 18, 2006
Texas
Just thought I'd post a thread welcoming all the new 5 Dollar Players to the wonderful world that is Red Orchestra! I know we had at least a half-dozen come through our TexasMilitia server tonight. (Hope you had fun BTW!)

I'm glad to see new blood coming into the game!

New players: what do ya think? Sort of a hard game at first....but the rewards versus just about all other games are manifest.

How do I fix the bayonet?

:D

What button is for crosshairs?

Why can't I drive the tank?

Why can't I have a sniper rifle? ( this is not COD! )

I heard all the good questions today

My computer is toast and before it is repaired, i trust on all of you to have answered all of these questions in order for me to not be annoyed by them:D

Upvote 0
Why, yes Ramm, yes it does. Yeah, I initially started playing on the offer before the current offer. It was quite fun being part of a new patch. Servers were always full and the RO community were generally helpful and willing to tolerate our newbery. Now, that I'm back with a forum account, I hope to play again with you folks.

After this update finishes. Taking ages. :D

Upvote 0
Oh man oh man just played 4 hours on Danzig at =tat= and we pinned the Russians on their side of the bridges for 2-3 hours. The whole team must have been noobs apart from Pyth and a couple others. I've ben there and pinned them down before but not for that long, i even played as sniper to celebrate.

I tried to encourage them a bit though, with words of wisdom.

Upvote 0
Oh man oh man just played 4 hours on Danzig at =tat= and we pinned the Russians on their side of the bridges for 2-3 hours. The whole team must have been noobs apart from Pyth and a couple others. I've ben there and pinned them down before but not for that long, i even played as sniper to celebrate.

I tried to encourage them a bit though, with words of wisdom.

How about changing sides and helping noobs then? :eek: It's very frustrating when you don't know the game, and your whole team gets their *** handed to them at the same time.

Upvote 0
I have been killed by 3 shots in the rear of my tiger tank, while I was less than 100meters away from the german spawn in Arad... And of course, facing toward the soviets.
Seriously, I can understand being new to the game and stuff, but seriously not spotting the fact that it has the ****ing same colours as the tanks you're in, is facing toward the enemy and firing at them, and when you fire at it, the commander unbuttons and watches frantically everywhere to see where the shots came from SAVE in your direction, ie toward the axis spwn?! Screw those reasons even, simply this one: not recognizing a *TIGER* ?! Have you heard of WWII or do you believe this game is in a fictionnal setting or something?

But other than that, no new guy has been really a problem, most only ask questions, that surely may have been answered if they had read the manual, but are nonetheless natural enough... PLus it's great to see new blood in the game...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Man i want my computer to be fixed right now, but it's gonna take a while.
Motherboard, videocard and main feed are all toast so they need replacing, but i really want to play right now :p

And yeah, one of the things i usually do when i'm on a team that is getting 'owned' is joining the other team.
One reason to do this is getting bored of playing in a defense that is locked in so tight that there isnt a single thing the less experienced players can do. Going on the offensive and trying to destroy the airtight defence you helped lay yourself is pretty fun and a nice twist imo :p
And it helps the other team to get a better chance too, which is nice for them as well.
For me it's just a simple fact that a one-sided battle isnt fun for both sides, unless you want to rub it into someone's face :p
For the defenders it gets boring just sitting there the whole time while nothing presents a great threat to you, and on the attacking side it sucks getting slaughtered continuesly.

Upvote 0