• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Never Change Default INI

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    Ok, for those of you new to adminning unreal engine servers I have some advice for you. NEVER CHANGE DEFAULT.INI. Default.ini is used by the game engine to regenerate Killingfloor.ini if it gets deleted, or if it gets borked up beyond repair. It is the engine's fallback. So please NEVER EVER EVER change default.ini.

Thanks

I got the server files to download but where do I get the KillingFloor.ini file from

I got the server files to download but where do I get the KillingFloor.ini file from

Hi all, I just purchased the game yesterday along with 2 friends and I plan on running a dedicated server. I use to run a server for the original UT game so I'm at least familiar with setting it up (although I'l need refreshing on many things no doubt). I was able to download the files needed to run the server but when I went to make changes to the KillingFloor config files for the server it's not in the system folder. So, I'm assuming I have to create it. If so, what are all the different lines needed to run the server? Is there anyone who can post a working KillingFloor.ini file (minus pertinent info like admin password of course) so I can copy/paste and make changes too? Thanks :)

Upvote 0