• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Need your ears to confirm a bad feeling.

Splatpope

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 1, 2012
Belgium
Follow those simple steps :

-Open this link in your browser : http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/603900
It is a simple horror themed pixelly flash game.

-Get past the main menu and start the game.

-Get the key in the pot.

-Open the counter on the right side of the room with the key.

-Pick up the blue box thingy.

-Listen to the ambient sound that pops up. Wait for it to loop and listen to it again.

I'm fairly certain it will ring a bell to most of you.

(yes its related to killing floor and in a very pertinent way, and yes, I'm just trolling that dude with that review : apparently every sound comes from freesound.org and there are possibilities that kf's ambient music was made with samples coming from there too duh)

Last edited:
I'm not conversed in this specific theme at all as I have my music turned off in game. But I wouldn't start a witch hunt over a free flash game on the net. If they was charging to play it then yeah fair enough. But to rip them apart for an ambient theme in a free web based flash game of all things is a tad over the top in my books.

At most they should be told to credit the music's author and to ask for permission in the future. But it hardly makes them the pirate of the century does it.

If anything it's a good thing that more people can hear the great work of zYnbthetic. Embrace it don't hate it. Slap on some advertisements and so fourth.

Bah I don't know, it's in Tripwires hands at the end of the day.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
what i think is either :

- the ambient sound in kf was made using freesound samples -> lol rly

- the sound in the game uses the obviously copyrighted kf ambient sounds without crediting properly -> the game doesnt deserve to stay on newground's frontpage

- the sound in the game comes from a freesound file that was ripped from kf ambient sounds -> someone ****ed up big time and someone should report that sound to be removed from the freesound archives

in the end only zyn or whoever would have made the ambient songs can tell us if that sound if copyrighted or not so let's ask em

Upvote 0
I noticed the steam friend notification sound while watching Tank Battles (tv show on netflix) so I recorded and made quick youtube vid. They do a little editing to lengthen the sound clip, but, I guarantee you, it is the same.

Steam Notification Sound in TV show - YouTube

As I watched this I kept thinking people were messaging me....and my GF thought steam was making sounds too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0