• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Need Some PC Help

Mahnsikir

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 23, 2006
Edinburgh - Scotland
Hey guys having a pretty major problem with my PC atm. Im either having a crash when loading up a game or its acting weirdly and then crashing randomly.

For instance TF2 mostly crashes on loading up a level or on the occassion it gets past this it loads up but the contrast is extremely high,colours saturated and looks like there are no shaders, and then crashes after a few mins with either a HL2 engine error or a C++ error. Mount and blade crashes when loading up with a 'cant find x.dds texture' and the whole screen is blurred before the crash. Oblivion seems to run fine (maybe a little jumpy) but crashes on a cell change and on one save the textures seemed to be very low quality. RO crashes after about 10seconds of playing and i got this bug report;

Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48]

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 2700 MHz with 4094MB RAM
Video: ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series (612)

CreateTexture failed(8007000E).

History: FD3D9Texture::Cache <- FD3D9RenderInterface::CacheTexture <- FD3D9RenderInterface::HandleCombinedMaterial <- FD3D9RenderInterface::SetSimpleMaterial <- FD3D9RenderInterface::SetMaterial <- USkeletalMeshInstance::Render <- FDynamicActor::Render <- RenderLevel <- RO-Odessa.myLevel <- FLevelSceneNode::Render <- FPlayerSceneNode::Render <- UGameEngine::Draw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Odessa: Black Sea Coast, 10th April 1944 <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 0017FEE0 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

Any ideas of what could be causing all this? DXdiag comes out fine, ive tried various display drivers but with no luck. Even tried backing up TF2 from my flatmates PC when i first noticed the problem but again that didnt work. Seems to be a texture problems but ive really no clue about all this. Any help would be appriciated.

(admins move this to support if you want but as it effect everything not just RO i posted it here)

Thanks for the replies, checked the ram and switched it for other stuff with no luck, already tripple checked drivers but ill try it with driver cleaner one more time.

Im begining to think the cards been fried as i noticed that the temps where getting quite hot over the last week or so and the fan profile for this card is crap. Will check with a spare geforce 5700 (woo!) to make sure its not somthing else. Got a 1 year warranty with overclockers.co.uk so hopfully i can just exchange the card and not ship back the whole system *fingers crosssed*

Upvote 0
that error usually comes with a problem of writing/reading of system memory or vidcard memory.

Run some individual benchmarks for seperate parts, these days the quality tests on all the computer components for any brand are quite ****e. So see where it buckles out. Make sure that the hotkey poller remains on for your videocard if you install ati tray tools or something and dont make a special fan/clockspeed profile.

Upvote 0