• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Need help with your server? Just ask

i think the hldupdate tool deleted ucc-bin-real on my server, anyone else have this problem?

also, when i try to update, i keep getting this error:
from the updatelog.txt:
Checking bootstrapper version ...
Updating Installation
Checking/Installing 'KillingFloorCommon' version 36

Failed to set file attributes

here's what the screen says during update:
Checking bootstrapper version ...
Updating Installation
Checking/Installing 'KillingFloorCommon' version 36

Failed to set file attributes
CAsyncIOManager: 0 threads terminating. 0 reads, 0 writes, 0 deferrals.
CAsyncIOManager: 53 single object sleeps, 0 multi object sleeps
CAsyncIOManager: 0 single object alertable sleeps, 0 multi object alertable slee
ps
Exiting...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I also have a problem with a dedicated server and I can't figure it out. It crashes from time to time, on different maps. Up until now I just restarted it, but it's getting annoying so I'll start saving the log files.

I'm using the following mutators: KFAntiBlocker, KFNoDramaMut and KFPatHPLeft.

I have attached the latest log to this post. For those that can't be bothered to download it, here are the last 50 lines (out of 2912 lines total):

Code:
Warning: ZombieClot KF-PhantomCastleB4.ZombieClot (Function KFMod.KFMonster.TakeDamage:02BE) Accessed None 'LastDamagedBy'
Log: PlayAnim: Sequence 'DeathL' not found for mesh 'Steampunk_Berserker'
Log: PlayAnim: Sequence 'Jump' not found for mesh 'Crawler_Freak'
Log: STEAMAUTH : Sending updated server details - PlayKF.com[UK/Normal/Long/Fast-DL] 2 | 6
Log: PlayAnim: Sequence 'DeathF' not found for mesh 'Punk_Harold'
NetComeGo: Close TcpipConnection 213.60.170.11:57912 Tue Aug  9 19:10:17 2011
NetComeGo: Close TcpipConnection 69.110.20.121:3051 Tue Aug  9 19:10:28 2011
ScriptLog: ProcessServerTravel: KF-Gladiator_Beta3?Game=KFMod.KFGameType?Mutator=KFPatHPLeft.MutPatHPLeft,KFNoDramaMut.KFNoDramaMut,MutKFAntiBlocker.MutKFAntiBlocker
ScriptLog: PreClientTravel
Log: Server switch level: KF-Gladiator_Beta3?Game=KFMod.KFGameType?Mutator=KFPatHPLeft.MutPatHPLeft,KFNoDramaMut.KFNoDramaMut,MutKFAntiBlocker.MutKFAntiBlocker
Log: Browse: KF-Gladiator_Beta3?Name=KFPlayer?Class=Engine.Pawn?Character=Corporal_Lewis?team=1?Sex=M?Game=KFMod.KFGameType?VACSecure=true?MaxPlayers=6?Mutator=KFPatHPLeft.MutPatHPLeft,KFNoDramaMut.KFNoDramaMut,MutKFAntiBlocker.MutKFAntiBlocker
Exit: Socket shut down
Log: Collecting garbage
Log: Purging garbage
Log: 
Developer Backtrace:
Log: [ 1]  ./ucc-bin-real [0x8669197]
Log: [ 2]  [0x329420]
Log: [ 3]  ./ucc-bin-real [0x8615c88]
Log: [ 4]  ./ucc-bin-real [0x8615c9f]
Log: [ 5]  ./ucc-bin-real [0x8615c9f]
Log: [ 6]  ./ucc-bin-real [0x8615d8c]
Log: [ 7]  ./ucc-bin-real [0x861b230]
Log: [ 8]  ./ucc-bin-real [0x861ee94]
Log: [ 9]  ./ucc-bin-real [0x81c815f]
Log: [10]  ./ucc-bin-real [0x81aed81]
Log: [11]  ./ucc-bin-real [0x81b9e76]
Log: [12]  ./ucc-bin-real [0x81677a4]
Log: [13]  ./ucc-bin-real [0x804d688]
Log: [14]  /lib/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0xdc) [0xc26e9c]
Log: [15]  ./ucc-bin-real [0x804b0e1]
Log: Unreal Call Stack: UObject::GetPathName <- UObject::GetPathName <- UObject::GetPathName <- UObject::GetFullName <- DispatchDestroy <- DispatchDestroys <- UObject::PurgeGarbage <- UObject::CollectGarbage <- Cleanup <- UGameEngine::LoadMap <- LocalMapURL <- UGameEngine::Browse <- ServerTravel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- UServerCommandlet::Main
Exit: Exiting.
Log: FileManager: Reading 0 GByte 832 MByte 835 KByte 488 Bytes from HD took 7.491186 seconds (4.080009 reading, 3.411177 seeking).
Log: FileManager: 0.000000 seconds spent with misc. duties
Uninitialized: Name subsystem shut down
Uninitialized: Allocation checking disabled
Uninitialized: Log file closed, Tue Aug  9 19:10:44 2011
I think the reason it's crashing is in the last lines of the log file, but I can't figure it out. Can someone more knowledgeable please help?

Attachments

• ucc.log
    250 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Ive personally found that the pathpleft mod was causing crashes on the linux version upon wipe on patriarch wave as of a couple patches ago. I just yanked it.

It should be mentioned that my server is FreeBSD emulating Linux, and so extra workarounds have been made so it functions. So results may vary.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks for the info, gnomishinvader. I did some testing, wiped on the Patriarch over a dozen times on different maps and the server didn't crash with KFPatHPLeft on. The mutator isn't giving me any trouble.

ro_sauce said:
Its because a custom emitter isn't purging in the map you are switching from

So the server crashed trying to load the new map, KF-Gladiator_Beta3, switching from KF-PhantomCastleB4. I saved some more log files, the server also crashed trying to switch from KF-Deadcenter and KF-UndergroundTemple.

I have removed those maps from the server's maplist for now. Thanks for the help!

Upvote 0
Okay, I've got a question.

I run a few Killing Floor servers, my provider only had one IP at the location so I had the change the ports for each server. It appears to run just fine, however there are strange issues that occur with the server listing in Steam. If myself or one of my friends are on the server, we cannot click the Join Game to join - it does nothing when clicked. This typically happens at the Join Game screen, but it can also happen anytime during the game (so it isn't all of the time). The server also has problems showing at all times within the Steam server browser, sometimes it will just show the IP and no players. Would this specifically be a problem with the Steam port? I use ports like 7200 and 7300, the Steam port should adjust to those numbers right?

I look forward to any answers on this subject.

Upvote 0
Okay, I've got a question.

I run a few Killing Floor servers, my provider only had one IP at the location so I had the change the ports for each server. It appears to run just fine, however there are strange issues that occur with the server listing in Steam. If myself or one of my friends are on the server, we cannot click the Join Game to join - it does nothing when clicked. This typically happens at the Join Game screen, but it can also happen anytime during the game (so it isn't all of the time). The server also has problems showing at all times within the Steam server browser, sometimes it will just show the IP and no players. Would this specifically be a problem with the Steam port? I use ports like 7200 and 7300, the Steam port should adjust to those numbers right?

I look forward to any answers on this subject.
I had this with one of my server before. What I did was tested with other ports and this seemed to of fixed it. This generally occurs when a port is conflicting with another (which one of your other servers are probably secretly using). Do a few tests with the ports just incase. If nothing changes then I will try to help some more but for now do the above. Hope this helps and sorry for the late reply ;)

Upvote 0
I had this with one of my server before. What I did was tested with other ports and this seemed to of fixed it. This generally occurs when a port is conflicting with another (which one of your other servers are probably secretly using). Do a few tests with the ports just incase. If nothing changes then I will try to help some more but for now do the above. Hope this helps and sorry for the late reply ;)

That is almost always my notion with intermittent issues such as these, if it continues I will be doing so (adjusting the port).

Thank you very much for the input, much appreciated. :cool:

Upvote 0
The server crashed again, this time on the official KF-Manor map. The log file is quite large this time (487007 lines total), so here are the last 50 lines:

Code:
Warning: ShopVolume kf-manor.ShopVolume1 (Function KFMod.ShopVolume.Touch:0075) Accessed None 'MyTrader'
Warning: ShopVolume kf-manor.ShopVolume1 (Function KFMod.ShopVolume.UsedBy:0099) Accessed None 'MyTrader'
Warning: ShopVolume kf-manor.ShopVolume1 (Function KFMod.ShopVolume.Touch:0075) Accessed None 'MyTrader'
Warning: ShopVolume kf-manor.ShopVolume1 (Function KFMod.ShopVolume.UnTouch:0051) Accessed None 'MyTrader'
Warning: ShopVolume kf-manor.ShopVolume1 (Function KFMod.ShopVolume.UsedBy:0099) Accessed None 'MyTrader'
Warning: ShopVolume kf-manor.ShopVolume1 (Function KFMod.ShopVolume.UnTouch:0051) Accessed None 'MyTrader'
Error: Nade kf-manor.Nade (Function KFMod.Nade.Explode:0023) Accessed array 'ExplodeSounds' out of bounds (0/0)
NetComeGo: Open myLevel Sun Aug 21 23:13:08 2011 109.149.44.243:56657
Log: STEAMAUTH : Accepted Client : SteamID [1:47265819] (47265819)
ScriptLog: New Player Paranoid_Android id=47265819
Log: STEAMAUTH : Sending updated server details - PlayKF.com[UK/Normal/Long/Fast-DL] 6 | 6
NetComeGo: Close TcpipConnection 109.149.44.243:56657 Sun Aug 21 23:14:09 2011
Log: PlayAnim: Sequence 'DeathF' not found for mesh 'Steampunk_Firebug'
Warning: KFPlayerController kf-manor.KFPlayerController (Function Engine.Controller.Dead.PawnDied:0036) kf-manor.KFPlayerController Pawndied while dead
Log: PlayAnim: Sequence 'DeathB' not found for mesh 'Priest'
Log: STEAMAUTH : Sending updated server details - PlayKF.com[UK/Normal/Long/Fast-DL] 5 | 6
Log: PlayAnim: Sequence 'HitF_Dual9mmm' not found for mesh 'Steampunk_Medic'
Log: PlayAnim: Sequence 'DeathB' not found for mesh 'Steampunk_Medic'
Log: PlayAnim: Sequence 'DeathF' not found for mesh 'British_Soldier1'
Log: STEAMAUTH : Sending updated server details - PlayKF.com[UK/Normal/Long/Fast-DL] 5 | 6
Log: PlayAnim: Sequence 'DeathF' not found for mesh 'british_soldier_III'
Log: PlayAnim: Sequence ''' not found for mesh 'Dual9mm'
Log: PlayAnim: Sequence ''' not found for mesh 'Dual9mm'
Warning: KFHumanPawn kf-manor.KFHumanPawn (Function Engine.Pawn.TakeDamage:0062) No damagetype for damage by kf-manor.ZombieCrawler with weapon None
Warning: ZombieHusk kf-manor.ZombieHusk (Function KFMod.KFMonster.ToggleAuxCollision:0018) Accessed None 'MyExtCollision'
Warning: ZombieHusk kf-manor.ZombieHusk (Function KFMod.KFMonster.ToggleAuxCollision:0027) Accessed None 'MyExtCollision'
Warning: ZombieHusk kf-manor.ZombieHusk (Function KFChar.Zombie
The last line in the log looks weird, it just ends abruptly with no information as to why the server crashed.

As mentioned in my earlier posts, there were 3 mutators active: KFAntiBlocker, KFNoDramaMut and KFPatHPLeft. Could one of these be the problem?

Upvote 0
Hi guys. I'm having an issue hopefully you can help me with. I run KF through Steam, and I want to setup a dedicated server, so I downloaded the KF Dedicated Server Beta through Steam. I don't know why the server is beta; there isn't a non-beta dedicated server listed. My problem is that the server crashes on start-up. Steam gives me the message that the server is loading, then a DOS window opens, about 3 lines appear, and it closes instantly. I am, quite frankly, stumped. Any ideas chaps?

Upvote 0
Hi guys. I'm having an issue hopefully you can help me with. I run KF through Steam, and I want to setup a dedicated server, so I downloaded the KF Dedicated Server Beta through Steam. I don't know why the server is beta; there isn't a non-beta dedicated server listed. My problem is that the server crashes on start-up. Steam gives me the message that the server is loading, then a DOS window opens, about 3 lines appear, and it closes instantly. I am, quite frankly, stumped. Any ideas chaps?

Any chance of showing us your command line? We'll help you from there :)

Upvote 0