• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Need coding help - Failed loading package: Can't find file 'Axis_Kar98_1st.ukx'

Innociv

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 28, 2006
So I'm trying to put the RO kar98 in game but I get this error.

My file structure looks like this:
killingfloor/ROWeapons/Classes/Kar98.uc
killingfloor/ROWeapons/Animations/Axis_Kar98_1st.ukx

I tried putting the ukx in textures also.. still no good.

Parsing all my other classes works fine.

Code:
class Kar98 extends KFWeapon;

#exec OBJ LOAD FILE=Axis_Kar98_1st.ukx
#exec OBJ LOAD FILE=Weapons1st_tex.utx
defaultproperties
{
Mesh=SkeletalMesh'Axis_Kar98_1st.kar98k_mesh'
]
I've tried it with both Mesh and SkeletalMesh.

Have you added EditPackages=ROWeapons under
[Editor.EditorEngine] to your KillingFloor.ini? I'm guessing so if the rest of your code is compiling.

I think I had a similar problem, but my only solution was weird: Open up the .ukx in KFed, then save it under a new name / reference the new name in code. No idea why that worked for me, though.

Upvote 0
Eh you know what ? I think RO animation packages just won't load in KF.. :\

Build KillingFloor_Build_[2009-02-09_10.82]

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 2669 MHz with 2047MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT (8585)

Bad export index 95/81

History: IndexToObject <- ULinkerLoad<<UObject <- (LinkerLoad Package.LinkerLoad134 1384411)) <- SerializeExpr <- (00) <- SerializeExpr <- (05) <- UStruct::Serialize <- (Class Axis_Kar98_1st.ROWeaponSoundNotify135) <- UState::Serialize <- UClass::Serialize <- (Class Axis_Kar98_1st.ROWeaponSoundNotify135) <- LoadObject <- (Class Axis_Kar98_1st.ROWeaponSoundNotify135 1384411==1384411/4566821 1384381 4) <- ULinkerLoad::preload <- PreLoadObjects <- UObject::EndLoad <- UObject::LoadPackage <- UEditorEngine::SafeExec <- (LOAD FILE="C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\common\killingfloor\ROWeapons\Animations\Axis_Kar98_1st.ukx") <- UEditorEngine::SafeExec <- (OBJ LOAD FILE="C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\common\killingfloor\ROWeapons\Animations\Axis_Kar98_1st.ukx") <- UEditorEngine::Exec <- (OBJ LOAD FILE="C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\common\killingfloor\ROWe).. <- UUnrealEdEngine::Exec <- WBrowserAnimation::OnCommand <- WWindow::WndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <- MessagePump <- MainLoop

Upvote 0
OH Yeaaaaaaaaaaaah. I know what your problem is now!

KFEd won't open because your ROWeapons.u file (which it expects to be present due to Editor.Engine) isn't available. Edit that EditPackage=ROWeapon line out momentarily to solve that problem.

The animations have built in sound effects. The links to those sound effects get borked when you move the animation file, so it crashes the editor. What I did was open the animation file in RO's editor, goto the animation browser, and remove everything under the "Notify" tab on the right side. That'll solve the KF Editor crashies. Note: Make sure you remove all the Notify sound effects for every animation you're porting over. I think I just exported the STG's animations, saved them to their own animation package, and removed the Notifies to port it to KF. Later on, in KF editor, you can add them back with new, proper links to wherever you store the sound effects (using the unaltered RO animation file / notifies as a guide).

Last edited:
Upvote 0