• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Need a new tactical shooter.

The original Ghost Recon rocks.
+ if your American, i think you can download the game for free legally.
The original Rainbow Six games are great too (Rogue Spear especially, since it has more features then the original Rainbow Six, and just added a whole lot of stuff to the original gameplay).

Thanks for the suggestions. I think I have or had Ghost Recon downloaded but I never installed it. I'll have to give it a go.

Upvote 0
The original Rainbow Six games are great too (Rogue Spear especially, since it has more features then the original Rainbow Six, and just added a whole lot of stuff to the original gameplay).

Rogue Spear was the friggin' best. Even dated now I think that's still one of the best around. I remember having so much fun with that one and all the expansions years ago it was great.

Upvote 0
Are you talking about the same deal they also had with Prince of Persia Sands of Time and Far cry? Because that's over. You might still find a source to download it and you might even have to setup file already, but it won't install anymore because that deal was only for a weekend or so and after that they locked it again.

I second Rainbow Six and Rogue Spear and if you are willing to play predecessors of games you already played you might also want to check out SWAT3!

If you are searching for over-looked tactical shooters too, I'd like to suggest I.G.I. I'm Going In. It isn't the pinacle of realism and it's not without its flaws but I had a great time with it. You don't command a squad in this! If that's a must for you, don't get it. For me personally it's one of my favorite tactical shooters but objectively speaking it simply lacks in content on the long run and overall I'd give it a 7.75371/10.
Don't buy I.G.I. 2 though. Every single "improvement" in this was for the worse except the ability to save mid-mission, which is up to discussion but in my opinion that's worse too. Some missions are cool, but overall it isn't even worth getting if you are for some reason a die-hard fan of the original.

Upvote 0
Ghost Recon is a must-have in a tactical gamer's collection, as well as Rogue Spear.

Hidden And Dangerous 2 is also good. Have you played the original OFP? The singleplayer is pretty damn good.

Ah yes, Hidden and Dangerous 2 :)
The first H&D is like one of the mothers of tactical gaming, together with the first R6.
Definitely worth the buy.

Upvote 0
Ah yes, Hidden and Dangerous 2 :)
The first H&D is like one of the mothers of tactical gaming, together with the first R6.
Definitely worth the buy.
I downloaded H&D, the controls aren't very good, the movement and aiming isn't very smooth,Rifles are weak it takes 3 to 4 hits to take somebody out with them and they can get take you out in one hit. Your teamates are pretty hopeless they run blindly into enemy fire, and the germans have super aim and can take you out even before the otherside of the map loads. I can't seem to climb down ladders correctly if I jump I die from falling only 4 or 5 feet. It's not a bad game but if they fixed all the problems then I think it would be alot better. And

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think I like Rouge Spear alot better than the original RS. The AI doesn't seem to have pin point accuracy when being shot in the chest. Also I can run at full res in rouge spear.

Actually original R6 suffered somewhat from "dumb AI" issues and E.G. their accuracy was sometimes rather hilariously low, while in Rogue Spear they tended to have superior ninjareflexes and accuracy. It was somewhat frushtrating aswell :p

Full Spectrum Warrior is also quite decent tactical shooter aswell.

Upvote 0
Actually original R6 suffered somewhat from "dumb AI" issues and E.G. their accuracy was sometimes rather hilariously low, while in Rogue Spear they tended to have superior ninjareflexes and accuracy. It was somewhat frushtrating aswell :p

Full Spectrum Warrior is also quite decent tactical shooter aswell.

It seemed to be the opposite for me. RS1 the enemies would be able to empty a magazine into me while I was shooting them in the chest. Rogue spear they're still pretty damn fast but not as bad.

Upvote 0
It seemed to be the opposite for me. RS1 the enemies would be able to empty a magazine into me while I was shooting them in the chest. Rogue spear they're still pretty damn fast but not as bad.

The problem in Rogue Spear is enemies armed with pistols, i don't know what goes wrong there, but baddies armed with pistols are the most dangerous, thouse bastards will score an instant lethal headshot on you in the blink of an eye!

Anyway, i have a question of my own: Splinter Cell, Pandora Tomorrow, is it worth playing? cleaning up in my old boxes, i found this game rattling around amongst a bunch of other bundled crap CD's, must have come with one of my vid-cards and i just never noticed it, but is it any good?

Upvote 0
Anyway, i have a question of my own: Splinter Cell, Pandora Tomorrow, is it worth playing?

Go for it! I think its the best out of the entire series. Its got a very strong single player plot in my view. Mutiplayer was fun at the time. Not sure if many people play it now though lol.

Hidden and Dangerous did have some serious flaws but it was still wonderful to play and better than the HD2 campain.

Upvote 0