• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Neck And Head =d

Garbonzo

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 1, 2006
West Coast
Man the one thing i really hate about ro is when i want to dash accros a field but in order to look left or right it sacrfices my speed to be able to look left or right....and that rly sux

I have no idea if this is possible or w/e but OMG once i saw it arm:A stole my heart http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4928428714571383685&q=armed+assault&hl=en

man if ro had this it would be so tight.........u dont even need the tracking system cause you could just have it as a key toggled

Maybe I've missed something, but when you tilt and turn your head you're no longer looking at your monitor. The view's still displayed on the monitor- right?
I realise you could fix your eyeballs on the screen while moving head, but I imagine that might make you feel sick after some time.
Put a screen in the headset that reacted to your head motion, and now we're talking. Hang on a sec, that's a VR helmet.

Upvote 0
I bought an IR tracking headset a couple of years ago. While the idea is neat in theory in reality it ****s arses. It would only make sense if the screen you're watching would move along with the centre of your viewpoint, viewing a computer monitor from the corners of your eyes is silly.

Bought TIR4 myself. Very smooth, very natural. Doesn't feel awkward at all after a short while using it.

Upvote 0
Heh, I had a play with one in a flight sim once and it just doesn't work with me, I guess I am a fidgety player because I am always moving my head about while I play and with IR going it means my view starts moving when I don't conciously want it to.

I am at the end of the day (in flight sims at least) much more adept at using the mouse with my left hand to pan my view around while flying with my right. Even in the middle of a dog fight :D

It would be interesting to give it a go with ArmA though.

Upvote 0
I bought an IR tracking headset a couple of years ago. While the idea is neat in theory in reality it ****s arses. It would only make sense if the screen you're watching would move along with the centre of your viewpoint, viewing a computer monitor from the corners of your eyes is silly.
yes that was exactly what I was thinking - but i guess a really high sensitivity could help somewhat

Upvote 0