• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Native Role Names

Bobdog

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
Texas
I'd be willing to bet the only reason we haven't seem native role names yet is that the only footage we've seen was being presented to the press; they probably wouldn't understand all the native class names. Also HoS is trying to be more accessible, so having the historical names in the PR might be a bit confusing to the people TWI is trying to reach.

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 22, 2009
no option please. just straight up russian and german names for each class for added authenticity and immersion. it's not like people will actually sit there crying their eyes out unable to quickly learn which class is which. i mean the inevitable crossover of call of duty players will probably be pretty dumb, but they can't be that dumb.

The_Emperor

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 9, 2009
Milkyway
no option please. just straight up russian and german names for each class for added authenticity and immersion. it's not like people will actually sit there crying their eyes out unable to quickly learn which class is which. i mean the inevitable crossover of call of duty players will probably be pretty dumb, but they can't be that dumb.
Oh they can be so dumb you first would imagine it's possible. They pull off nades and keep holding them until the bang! and then will shout cheater! at the enemy players with the highest scores. :D
But actually you're right, do we need those in the game? But on the other hand TWI might need the money and yet again why sacrifice something for newcomers?

EDIT: I just noticed something about the German smg trooper "Sto

Last edited:

slavek

Grizzled Veteran
May 4, 2006
UnrealEd: Viewport #1
Why not have an option, it is client side so it won't split community/servers and it adds accessibility for those who don't understand Russian/German or rather use English names.

Nezzer

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 3, 2010
Porto Alegre, RS
I hope the game at least supports Cyrilic. I hate the damn ~~~~~~~ players, well, not them, but the fact that I can't read their nicknames :troll:

Dsquad

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 7, 2010
The Netherlands
I hope the game at least supports Cyrilic. I hate the damn ~~~~~~~ players, well, not them, but the fact that I can't read their nicknames :troll:
No i hope the game doesn't support Cyrilic, it's part of the RO feeling, same with the ROPlayer name:troll:

Shoelip

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 9, 2009
Since we've gotten the chance to play the Beta a bit and notice that there's no Native role names option I just wanted to bring this topic back up to remind everyone how cool that option is in case they aren't already planning on having it at release.