• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Nailgun and VLAD-1000 Reload cancelling

Humam2104

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 1, 2020
These two weapons are the only two that don't have reload cancelling when dry
This issue only happens when dry reloading AND using quick reload as these two weapons are the only weapons are the only ones that have this issue
in both support and SWAT's arsenal
I don't think this is intended and actually hope not but it's always better to know

Both weapons have the same reload times, dry and tactical.
And considering that a reload cancel (no quick reload) for the nailgun in the second video started at 13:600 and ended at 15:300. That means reload cancelling would take 1.7 seconds while the full tactical reload takes 1.93s.
Source: https://wiki.killingfloor2.com/index.php?title=HRG_Nailgun#Technical_Information
So the quick reload gives longer reload time!

Update: This issue doesn't happen when playing as a survivalist even when enabling quick reload.. it only happens to SWAT and Support

Last edited:
Reload canceling is something that exists but was never designed from the beginning to be intentional. At one point there was some work done to remove it because of complaints but the reaction to removing it fully was worse because by at that point the tactic had spread too much and people got used to it. It's possible for reload canceling to be the quickest way to reload for some weapons.

Upvote 0
Reload canceling is something that exists but was never designed from the beginning to be intentional. At one point there was some work done to remove it because of complaints but the reaction to removing it fully was worse because by at that point the tactic had spread too much and people got used to it. It's possible for reload canceling to be the quickest way to reload for some weapons.
I really appreciate the information, but does that mean that this reload cancelling behavior is normal for these two weapons? Or is it something that's going to be changed later on?
Considering that they have this issue only when using the quick reload!

Upvote 0
I really appreciate the information, but does that mean that this reload cancelling behavior is normal for these two weapons? Or is it something that's going to be changed later on?
Considering that they have this issue only when using the quick reload!
I'm not sure they will be adjusted as players didn't like the adjustments we made after returning reload canceling.

Upvote 0