• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map N64's Goldeneye Facility Release V1

WhyMittens

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 16, 2011
Wow what a adventure this has been. I did not expect to get such a great response from this community. My little test map "Stack" did very well considering what I knew at the time about the SDK. Well Im back with another great Goldeneye classic, Facility!

DOWNLOAD @ https://mega.co.nz/#!pFBxERYA!P24iD3r3kWBalTh4r2967tQ4vKwjDUX_hDevJVDd7B4Key= P24iD3r3kWBalTh4r2967tQ4vKwjDUX_hDevJVDd7B4 and https://www.mediafire.com/?s63e41sfqz8j3f1

FEEDBACK is appreciated :)

Wow this was a fun project. I LOVED this map back in GE days. So it was awesome to port it over to KF2, using some of what I learned from "Stack". What the map maker thinks of his map doesn't mean much, that's for the community to decide. But when I look at this and compare it to "Stack". It seems (to me) to be a night and day difference in quality. Its still not perfect by any stretch of the imagination. But I really like it. A good 20-30 hours went into this map. Enjoy! :)

FEEDBACK is appreciated :)

UPDATE LOG

New Update V3: Fixed trader/door conflict near locker room. Added more spawns. Added some pillars for minor detail

OLD V2: Added even more zed spawns. Fixed some dynamic meshes moving around when I didnt want them to (the cart with zombie parts on it). Added volume blockers to help stop zeds getting stuck in washrooms stalls. Few minor pathfinding tweaks.

Release V1: Testing seemed ok, going to need to wait for feedback. Best I can do is compare to stack. Pathfinding is MUCH better. Zed are not so stupid. Map is much more detailed. Lighting changes. Blood is working(on floors, see notes).

The old V

The new V

NOTES: I had all ready got a good bit into this map before I "kinda" figured out what was causing my blood issues. So I have "cheated" blood to work on the floors like I did for stack. I really need someone to help me to understand how the blood works so I can make maps right. Till then, this will have to do.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have only done a quick round with a friend on Suicidal. While the map is well done given the relatively short time you have spent on it, I don't feel it works great in this game. Way too narrow corridors and a lot of rooms that leads to a dead end which screw you over completely sometimes.

I feel like you should have taken some liberties with it instead and perhaps made it bigger and added some extra paths and perhaps some more areas where you have a bit of room to move around.

If you are going for a faithful version of the map, that is nice too but it doesn't work that great in the game IMO. It just ends with you getting rushed from 2 ways in a narrow corridor that you can't really escape from.

Haven't tried your other Goldeneye map yet, but it looks like a better fit for the game going by the screenshots.

Anyway, keep up the good work making maps!

Upvote 0
I have only done a quick round with a friend on Suicidal. While the map is well done given the relatively short time you have spent on it, I don't feel it works great in this game. Way too narrow corridors and a lot of rooms that leads to a dead end which screw you over completely sometimes.

I feel like you should have taken some liberties with it instead and perhaps made it bigger and added some extra paths and perhaps some more areas where you have a bit of room to move around.

If you are going for a faithful version of the map, that is nice too but it doesn't work that great in the game IMO. It just ends with you getting rushed from 2 ways in a narrow corridor that you can't really escape from.

Haven't tried your other Goldeneye map yet, but it looks like a better fit for the game going by the screenshots.

Anyway, keep up the good work making maps!

I personally think Facility works out really well in KF. All the dead ends make planning and retreating more important and thought through. But I do understand what your saying and how narrow it feels. Thing is I cant decide if I want want map ports (i.e NO major path/layout changes). Or if I wanna do remakes (I.E I can add new stuff)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nice recreation. It's not 100% true to the original but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

I think it works perfectly fine in KF2, the halls are wide enough to maneuver unless their flooded, and if they are there's always grenades.

Are your floors meshes? or is there a way to make the splatter show on bsp surfaces that I havnt found yet?

I love it, a friend actually made me a video of Goldeneye Source's facilities map so I could try to make it after I showed him your Stack map because he knew it was my favorite.

Upvote 0
I have been going at this TOTALLY the wrong way. I have been focusing in on bsp's when they really want us to be using there prebuilt meshes. I thought this was stupid/hard UNTIL I found there post about zeroing out locations and using a 320 movement modifier.

I understand how to properly use meshes now. And will take this on to the next map I make. If that is a success, I will be coming back and doing total redo on all the maps :)

Sorry for wasting your time and going about this the wrong way :(

Last edited:
Upvote 0