• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Mystery Monday

EvilHobo

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 22, 2005
Germany, NRW
I just hope that these upcoming hints don't make things too much easier but I suppose that at the same time there are a lot of people who aren't even coming close to having the right answers and need the help. I feel pretty good about what I have now and will see if the upcoming hints add validation to what I've got.

RO.Player

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 17, 2010
imo you guys should do something where you have to get the hints via steam, and if you do get them it can prevents you from finishing in the top x places so you only have a chance for the secondary prizes

Hourences

The Ball Team
Jul 13, 2010
www.TheBallthegame.com
Would be nice, but quite hard to do technically. Takes a lot of measurements to prevent people somehow gaining access to the hints and preventing that person from winning the first prize. We don't have the resources to implement this kind of system.

We will release hints tomorrow. We will release hints for the first three releases only this week. We will probably not release hints for the very last one or two mystery mondays, maybe the last three, to not make it too easy.

Fedorov

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 8, 2005
I don't even know where to start with those things, or what to look for, too many words in the text, and pretty much the whole text is related, so I'm completely clueless :IS2:

Hourences

The Ball Team
Jul 13, 2010
www.TheBallthegame.com
As promised, some hints for Mystery Monday! For the first three Mystery Mondays. We will be releasing three more hints next week for the 4th, 5th, and 6th Mystery Monday.

We will not release hints for the last couple of Mystery Mondays. We do not want to make things too easy and we want to keep it fair to those who are really into solving these.

The final Mystery Monday piece will be released on October 4! The contest website and instructions will go online in the first few days of October so keep an eye out for those. Remember, the first person who submits the solution will win an Ipad and a bunch of games! 25 runner-ups will receive a copy of The Ball and Killing Floor.

Reactions: RO.Player

Hourences

The Ball Team
Jul 13, 2010
www.TheBallthegame.com
The third last Mystery Monday! Two days ago we announced that Mystery Monday and the contest will end on October 4, that means just two more Mystery Monday puzzle pieces to go! We've also released hints for the first three, and we will be giving away the solution to the very first one at a later time.

EvilHobo

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 22, 2005
Germany, NRW
Well I'm worried about how the next two are going to be if the difficulty is going to continue to ramp up. A nice challenge though.

Hourences

The Ball Team
Jul 13, 2010
www.TheBallthegame.com
This one is really easy if you got some background knowledge on the subject, and really hard if you don't :)

We rather make the last ones too hard than too easy. If it really turns out that no one can figure it out we can always release hints. Can't fix a too easy one anymore once its out.

Hourences

The Ball Team
Jul 13, 2010
www.TheBallthegame.com
Second last piece of the puzzle! Next week Monday is the very final Mystery Monday. We will be posting lots of information and hints regarding MM throughough the week.

Here is the plan for this final week:

• Wednesday: We are going to explain the very first MM. What is the word we are looking for? And how were you suppose to find it?
    Friday: We will release hints for the 4th, 5th, 6th MM.
    Saturday: Information will go up regarding the contest website. We will explain how to enter, and we will set an exact time on the release of the final piece.
    Sunday: Recap on all released pieces.
    Monday: The final piece is released plus the website goes online.
    Thursday that week: We announce the winners, or alternatively if there are not yet enough winners we will release additional hints.

Reactions: RO.Player

Hourences

The Ball Team
Jul 13, 2010
www.TheBallthegame.com
We are now in the final week of Mystery Monday. Mystery Monday is a contest. In every Mystery Monday piece there is a single hidden word. The first person who finds all the hidden words and submits them to the contest website is the winner! It is a treasure hunt!

To help you understand what you have to do and what kind of words you are looking for we are going to explain the very first Mystery Monday, and give away its solution.

The first Mystery Monday is very easy. Smack down in the middle of the page, in a noticeable yellow font is the word "Lotto", with the winning series printed below. This is also right above the important news article about our hero's death, so it is quite hard to miss. The winning lottery numbers represent positions in the alphabet. The first number, "15", is "O". The "O" is the 15th letter of the alphabet. The word we are looking for is thus "Orion".

How can you know whether or not you got the right word? While you can never know for sure it is usually too much of a coincidence to be accidental. In most Mystery Mondays there are also hidden hints present, all pointing to the same word and giving you extra confirmation that you have found the right word. Also, all the words we are looking for relate to each other and/or the game in one way or another. The more words you will find the more a pattern will begin to emerge. This first word, Orion, is a prominent constellation and it plays a significant role in the mythology of many cultures around the world. All the hidden words are in one way or another related to mythology, space, symbolism, ancient science, or relevant locations.

Winner
* 1 x Ipad
* 1 x signed boxed copy of The Ball
* 1 x digital copy of The Ball
* 1 x digital copy of Killing Floor
* 1 x digital copy of Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad

25 Runners-up
* 1 x digital copy of The Ball
* 1 x digital copy of Killing Floor

The rules and more information can be found here.

EvilHobo

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 22, 2005
Germany, NRW
After a bit of thinking, now I'm sure I got it. :)
But now I'm really worried about the last one. I don't think I'll be able to solve it faster than other people :(

When the contest is over, will you be posting analyses of all the other Mystery Mondays?

Hourences

The Ball Team
Jul 13, 2010
www.TheBallthegame.com
Maybe, but the idea was to leave Mystery Monday and the contest website online after the contest is over, and basically turn it into a little web game people can keep on playing just for fun. Maybe we can do both though, post an analysis somewhere while also keep having MM up. It's not like the answers won't leak out anyway at some point.