• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design mylevel package?

What if say, I've used a bunch of assets from the base game, but I wanted to save them into the map itself (i.e. so that if other people have modded game files or whatnot the map still works)? When publishing one of my maps it creates a 'Packages' folder alongside the map containing all of the used assets, but I can't find any clear cut way of moving all that content into the game package, changing all the references and then saving it. Is this even something that needs worrying about?

Upvote 0
What if say, I've used a bunch of assets from the base game, but I wanted to save them into the map itself (i.e. so that if other people have modded game files or whatnot the map still works)? When publishing one of my maps it creates a 'Packages' folder alongside the map containing all of the used assets, but I can't find any clear cut way of moving all that content into the game package, changing all the references and then saving it. Is this even something that needs worrying about?

I wouldn't worry about it. Modding vanilla assets is bad and causes all sorts of version mismatch havoc. With that in mind never hit save on a TW package even if you didn't change anything unless you like being unable to join servers.

Upvote 0