• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

My suggestions

Klaus

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 22, 2006
Israel, Tel-Aviv
1- make the combat engineers also able to repair tanks as everyone can just throw satchels, give him 2 to 5 points for repairs.. if its a broken track or just a damaged (red) tank.

2- bring back the mod's exploding barrels

3- its more of a map suggestion for the maps - as everything as already been done - how about make a fictional map, what if the germans have managed to be victorious on operation barbarrosa? 1941- Germans are on the outskirts of the Moscow enroute to cap the Kremlin! sort of like Kriegstadt only reversed!

Last edited:
At the same time a few kg of high explosive shouldn't be destroying heavy tanks from several meters away. I would say fix that.

3- its more of a map suggestion for the maps - as everything as already been done - how about make a fictional map, what if the germans have managed to be victorious on operation barbarrosa? 1941- Germans are on the outskirts of the berlin enroute to cap the Kremlin! sort of like Kriegstadt only reversed!

/me tells klaus to be quiet

Upvote 0
Any mapper can make exploding barrels. They were just destroyable static meshes.
So? He said bring back the mods exploding barrels, doesn't matter if they're destroyable SMs. I think a Moscow "Kriegstadt" (what is this trend with naming maps in german :confused:, why not Russian?) would be good. Maybe it could be called Война Улица, or Vojne Oolitsa :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
1- make the combat engineers also able to repair tanks as everyone can just throw satchels, give him 2 to 5 points for repairs.. if its a broken track or just a damaged (red) tank.

2- bring back the mod's exploding barrels

3- its more of a map suggestion for the maps - as everything as already been done - how about make a fictional map, what if the germans have managed to be victorious on operation barbarrosa? 1941- Germans are on the outskirts of the Moscow enroute to cap the Kremlin! sort of like Kriegstadt only reversed!

1. That's not what combat engineers are for moron. They don't fix tanks, they built temporary bridges and ready demolitions. You are thinking of a mechanic, and they didn't visit the front line.

Besides, as Ermac said, "This isn't BF1942.".:cool:

2. That would be cool, agree with you on that one.

3. It's called make your own map.:D

Upvote 0
Evil Hobo said:
At the same time a few kg of high explosive shouldn't be destroying heavy tanks from several meters away. I would say fix that.
The satchel charge would have to be placed on the tank for it to have a chance of disableing or destroying it. Also name me 1 time its actually a resonable time to throw around 10lbs of explosives as if its an olympic hammer. Thats not advisable due to the fact its explosives nor do I think its realistic. I would be very cautious around that much explosives and I doubt I could chuck it as far as you can in game not that I would even attempt to do that with an explosvie charge. Another thing is tanks are different lighter armored tanks especially on the engine deck part such as the T-34 and Panzer III-IV,ect. should be killed with a satchel to the engine deck the heavy tanks ( Tiger I and KV's ,IS-2) not so much just look at the KV accounts in the early war German engineers put a satchel on the Kv and it just took the track off the Kv still kept fireing.
Not sure how thick the top of the KV was but the later Tiger I had 40mm of top armor which was pretty impressive.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The satchel charge would have to be placed on the tank for it to have a chance of disableing or destroying it. Also name me 1 time its actually a resonable time to throw around 10lbs of explosives as if its an olympic hammer. Thats not advisable due to the fact its explosives nor do I think its realistic. I would be very cautious around that much explosives and I doubt I could chuck it as far as you can in game not that I would even attempt to do that with an explosvie charge. Another thing is tanks are different lighter armored tanks especially on the engine deck part such as the T-34 and Panzer III-IV,ect. should be killed with a satchel to the engine deck the heavy tanks ( Tiger I and KV's ,IS-2) not so much just look at the KV accounts in the early war German engineers put a satchel on the Kv and it just took the track off the Kv still kept fireing.
Not sure how thick the top of the KV was but the later Tiger I had 40mm of top armor which was pretty impressive.

That's exactly what Hobo was saying...

Upvote 0
No.

(four letters so I can post.)

Are you sure? In WW1 at Flanders the Brits set explosives off under the German lines, and the explosions killed men, hundreds of yards away protected in bunkers, by concussion alone. I know a 10Kg sack isn't anywhere near as powerful, but if its close to a tank, especially a cramped Soviet one, the shock would bang the crew around against the walls, kinda like a depth charge does when it goes off near a submarine, wouldn't it?

Upvote 0
Are you sure? In WW1 at Flanders the Brits set explosives off under the German lines, and the explosions killed men, hundreds of yards away protected in bunkers, by concussion alone. I know a 10Kg sack isn't anywhere near as powerful, but if its close to a tank, especially a cramped Soviet one, the shock would bang the crew around against the walls, kinda like a depth charge does when it goes off near a submarine, wouldn't it?

It'd certainly give them some headache but I doubt they'd be killed

Upvote 0