• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server My Server doesnt show up in internet-list :(

Just thought I'd throw this out for discussion. I moderate several game forums, and I banned someone once using an IP address. Turned out that I banned several other people who were using that same IP address, but they weren't in the same house.

As it was finally discovered, the ISP was using some sort of internal NAT, and a whole block of customers were using the same WAN IP address. This was in Europe somewhere, as I've never heard of such a thing in the US.

In any case, this would probably prevent the games from working correctly, or being listed in the browsers. I have no idea how one would go about testing that.'

EDIT: Actually, I guess you could test it by comparing the results of one of the 'whats my IP address' sites with the WAN address on your router to see if they match.

looks like more you banned a proxy IP.

In this case I sometimes can see a specific server sometimes cant. Not to mention I can see for exemple 3 servers that are running on a same machine but not the 4th one whereas they all got same settings and are all working fine with players on it (monitoring with HLSW). which means that 4th server can be seen by other players than me.
Definitely a game issue.

Upvote 0
Allright i tried every new suggestion and HERE ARE THE RESULTS:^^

EDIT: Actually, I guess you could test it by comparing the results of one of the 'whats my IP address' sites with the WAN address on your router to see if they match.

The both IP match identically :/

after that modify the command
line of your KF server and add "?multihome=YOUR.EXTERNAL.IP.HERE",
that *might* get your server out of the LAN tab and make it visible
in the internet list.

Changing my launcher.bat this way, causes the server to jerk my PC, while opening the window for a short time, showing some lines of log and closing it after that immediately.

To the "Arcor"-Stuff:
As FeuerSturm said, Arcor is an ISP not a GSP, if Arcor would be responsible for my server Problems i wouldnt be lookin for a solution but unleash hell on them^^

But i found someone who actually CAN host, using my ISP, so i can check off the provider too.

I cant do much more, so i think dimitrifrom31 is right:
It has to be a Steam- or gamebug...

Upvote 0
Okay this seems to be a very common problem. This is actually happening to me to, I have 2 linux dedicated servers running (router is set for DMZ that machine) and _I_ cannot see them in the serverlist. The thing is that people still join my server and when I ask them how they found the server they say the used the serverlist. So there is definitely something bugged in Steam or the masterserver itself.

Go see for yourself if you can find "Sekras KF Server 1 Normal Long" or Sekras KF Server 2 Hard Long" in your steam serverlist.

Upvote 0
My server isn't running right now, I only run it on weekends or when I want to play, and I'm not home to start it.

It does show up in the list though, both steam and game. When mine wasn't in the list, I had neglected to forward both tcp and udp for the master browser port [which ever one it is]. Once I added UDP, it appeared instantly.

Upvote 0
To the "Arcor"-Stuff:
As FeuerSturm said, Arcor is an ISP not a GSP, if Arcor would be responsible for my server Problems i wouldnt be lookin for a solution but unleash hell on them^^

But i found someone who actually CAN host, using my ISP, so i can check off the provider too...

1. What makes you think you have the right to host a game server, never mind "unleash hell" hehe - have you checked the terms and conditions of your ISP contract?

2. What makes you think that because someone else using the same provider is able to host that it can't be the ISP? I can host no problem but after a while the server will not show and I've posted elsewhere that I believe the server becomes detected by my ISP and is blocked. Changing ports enables me to broadcast again for a while until that stops and so on and so on. If I ask someone else who has the same provider as me to test a server I'm sure it will run fine for them - but will probably be blocked after a while.

Also I have confirmed that the ports are blocked using port detective 2.0 - google it and test for yourself.

Upvote 0
ok i just noticed something,if the dedicated server is open with the game itself,it willuse your real ip(the ip your isp provides),and you show up on the internet server list.if you use that server launched without the game,it will give you the ip your router have give to your computer network card,and not the real ip your isp have give to you.So in consequence you wont show up on the list.

Does anybody have an idea how to fix that?

Upvote 0