• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

My new idea for KF

goro3d

Jun 21, 2009
Dual weilding it can be done with hand cannons and 9mm's why not do it for knives and mechetes?
Both of them are 1 handed and I'm sure dual weilding those could be a D@mn good time this is more a thought than an idea but why not try it?
The reason is simple I most of the time see the knife on the floor and think boy it would be fun to dual weild these knives and mechete's so that's where I got the idea!

Last edited:
I'm not sure how practical it'd be, though. I mean how much more would it actually add to your attack? I could see maybe where the rate of fire would improve a bit, but I just don't see any real benefit.

A riot shield, on the other hand, I could see being a lot more useful for the soldier using his 9mm, handcannon, or knife.

Upvote 0
Dual wielding knives would look pretty foolish, would be bound to have some ridiculous-looking animations, and wouldn't really have too much of a benefit.

The only really practical uses for more than one sword/knife/ect are for parrying/blocking attacks with the offhand blade, being able to strike multiple enemies/locations on one enemy at once, or for being able to do crazy stuff like spins. None of that is actually possible in Killing Floor.

All you'd have is a bunch of people running around with wonky animation and a slightly higher rate-of-fire. I mean, it's POSSIBLE to give it a good appearance and animation, but it's WAY too much work for such a tiny thing...

Upvote 0
Ya I guess adding new annimations would be kinda silly but I saw it differently in my mind lol.
I was thinking of Resdient Evil:Extinction and how Alice (Milla Jovovich) uses her 2 1 handed Schyth's in the movie lol :)!
Well it could be done but a whole new set of animations would also have to be made.
Just a thought.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I agree with some of the comments above. Dual wielding knives would look rather... foolish. And wouldn't give that much benefits either. Berserker with a knife is already fast as heck, then imagine berserker with dual knives..

On the other hand, the shield idea sounds cool though.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What do you want from dual wilding knives/machete? Faster rate of hitting?
Sure. Why not make dual wielding hunting shotguns or dual wielding L.A.Ws? Just to get faster rate of ammos?

No.

I think the main focus was the less powerful weapons. it's pretty obvious that you shouldn't make the most powerful weapons duel wielding able. in fact, nobody mentioned or asked for that in this thread so far. xD

What's wrong with having a faster hitting rate on say, the machete?

1. Nobody buys the machete cuz the axe isn't much more expensive and is for more efficient damage wise anyway.

2. The machete is a glorified knife with a slightly longer range. the knife should be kept as a last ditch effort. but why not make the "uber knife" aka the machete be duel wielding able. it already doesn't have anything about it to set it apart.

Upvote 0