• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

My new blog

SiC-Disaster

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 16, 2005
Netherlands
www.tangodown.nl
Hey guys, I just started a new blog last week.
It's supposed to be a traveling blog (which might still take a while to start) but I decided to go ahead and created one right now.
Last week I visited Auschwitz, and I wrote a blogpost about it. I think it's very important to keep alive the memory of what happened in WW2.

So occasionally I might do other kinds of blog posts as well, some of them more philosophical than others, some just to show progress as I travel, and I might do some youtube video's about quote discussions.
Anyways, for those who are interested, read it and please comment on there if you'd like :)

[url]http://a-wanderers-soul.blogspot.com/[/URL]

Reactions: PRAPOR and Shadrach
Hey guys, I just started a new blog last week.
It's supposed to be a traveling blog (which might still take a while to start) but I decided to go ahead and created one right now.
Last week I visited Auschwitz, and I wrote a blogpost about it. I think it's very important to keep alive the memory of what happened in WW2.

So occasionally I might do other kinds of blog posts as well, some of them more philosophical than others, some just to show progress as I travel, and I might do some youtube video's about quote discussions.
Anyways, for those who are interested, read it and please comment on there if you'd like :)

[URL="http://a-wanderers-soul.blogspot.com/"][url]http://a-wanderers-soul.blogspot.com/[/URL][/URL]
So while we might have very different opinions on various matters, you're still an interesting person so I might just check that blog of yours now and then.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the comments.
I'm wondering what you guys think of my writing style by the way.
I posted about the blog on the Project Zomboid forums and one of the guys there said it was 'sensational and wrought with emotion. It's not for me.'
I think I might have turned him off to start with such a heavy subject.
Not sure what to think about the sensational part though, makes me think of dirty tabloids.

I also created a new youtube channel to go along with the blog, which I can upload video's to that I make while travelling.
I put a test video up there now, filmed with my new GoPro HD Hero 2 camera, and it's from last week's ski'ing trip on an easy blue route.

Ski'ing in Spindleruv Mlyn, Czech Republic, 27-2-2012 - YouTube

I might in the feature also make some video's in which I discuss quotes that are inspirational to me, or I might just make a blog post about them, I'm not completely sure yet.

Upvote 0
Pfff, blue routes. :p

I skimmed through the blog post, seemed interesting and engaging, but I haven't really read it yet, so I can't comment on your style. Will do once I get round to actually reading it. I did think the pictures were captivating though, nice work with the camera. The front gate one was especially haunting.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the comments.
I'm wondering what you guys think of my writing style by the way.
I posted about the blog on the Project Zomboid forums and one of the guys there said it was 'sensational and wrought with emotion. It's not for me.'
I think I might have turned him off to start with such a heavy subject.
Not sure what to think about the sensational part though, makes me think of dirty tabloids.

How else could one describe Auschwitz? I think i would be deeply desturbed to read about someone visiting that place, and describing it flatly and purely factual without any semblence that they were effected by what they had seen there. I would question their humanity.

Considdering the subject matter i think you handled it well, not too emotional but neither cold and unaffected.

Upvote 0
Lol blue rute.
If you aren't sliding at 50km/h and in danger of life you are using your alpine wrong.

Me skiin.
Off track like a boss:cool: So many damn trees!! Ah it's k, just got to avade them, *CRASH* hell where did that tree come from!?

Seriously they hurt pretty bad man.. You should skii with a buddy when going off track.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
How else could one describe Auschwitz? I think i would be deeply desturbed to read about someone visiting that place, and describing it flatly and purely factual without any semblence that they were effected by what they had seen there. I would question their humanity.

I think the problem is how melodramatic they will get without even trying. It's not that uncommon for people to be fed up by the subject (pardon the pun) because only thing you hear about it is almost agony filled patronization about "think of X and Y happened so you should react now otherwise you're [invoke Godwin's Law here]!" just because you didn't cry at the drop of the hat and join the melodramatic patronization choir. Only thing missing is the obvious "And that's terrible!!!" that just takes the cake. There's a fine line between telling and showing in a reasonable manner (which was present in SiC's blog post IMHO) and just forcing it down your throat because of nevar forget and excessive melodrama.

Upvote 0
Lol blue rute.
If you aren't sliding at 50km/h and in danger of life you are using your alpine wrong.

Me skiin.
Off track like a boss:cool: So many damn trees!! Ah it's k, just got to avade them, *CRASH* hell where did that tree come from!?

Seriously they hurt pretty bad man.. You should skii with a buddy when going off track.

If by off track you mean way out of bounds that is really stupid enough people die every year in my area that I wouldn't risk it...

Upvote 0
If by off track you mean way out of bounds that is really stupid enough people die every year in my area that I wouldn't risk it...

Yeah that's what I meant, but of course I don't go where obviously shouldn't. AKA places with high risk of avalanches and places with lots hidden rocks. Though there are people who go those places simply because no one else does so or it's never been done before. Understandble but very foolish -Those are the kind who get killed in my area. Though I'm glad that doesn't happen often.

Upvote 0