• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

My new blog

Well, I'm off tomorrow morning!
Plane flies at 14:00, but I have to be at Schiphol at around 11:00, and will be leaving home at around 09:00 to get there. Then I have about 8,5 hours of flying ahead of me before I will land in Toronto, Ontario at around 16:30 local time (Ontario is 6 hours behind Holland).
Have said goodbye to both sides of my family, my friends and my younger sister, and will be seen off by my parents tomorrow. It feels really weird. I have been dreaming about this for a long time and now it's finally here. At the same time there is this sense of melancholy as I leave everything I know behind as I switch continents and I will be completely on my own and pretty much cut-off except for the few moments where I am able to establish some kind of contact online.
I carry no laptop or anything like that with me, so it's going to be completely random contact every now and then. So there are some big doubts still flying around in my head along with excitement. It's hard to know how to feel. One moment I'm exuberant, the next I think "What the hell am I doing?"
But I hope it all turns out for the best :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah I really had a lot of luck with that one haha.
I've spent two nights at their place, and this morning we visited a winery in the direction of the Niagara Falls with one of her friends.
After that they even drove me all the way to the Niagara Falls! She didnt like the idea of leaving me by the side of the road, so I'm in a hotel now.
I spent all afternoon walking along the Falls taking pictures and making video's but unfortunately I can't upload them from here.
I will probably stay here another night so I can do some laundry in the morning and then spend the day doing some more sightseeing and probably do a boatride on the Maiden of the mist.

After that, I think I'm heading towards Fort Erie.

And fiftyone is right, you really do meet a lot more interesting people if you travel alone. There's something about the lone traveler that makes people want to reach out and help, whereas if you travel with two persons, people kind of go 'oh, they're together, they'll manage' :p
You kind of have to put yourself out there and take a little bit of risk, and more often than not it will be rewarded. I even got to meet her (really good-looking) daughter :D

Upvote 0
That's great, seems like you are really enjoying yourself. Nothing better then coming over a deserted beach to enjoy peacefully. Love the shot of you looking on the sunset, great composition :)

Looks like you are finding nice people to hike with, that's good, probably not a big chance of running into "bad" people that far out of the big cities. But watch out for those Amish thugs, they're bad news :eek: ;)

Upvote 0
hey there, sic. i don't participate in these forums that often anymore (never did and god knows how i got all my posts), but i just decided to hit the reply button once more to wish you all the best of luck. i totally love what you are doing there and i hope to do something similiar one day. live life to the fullest and keep it up!

Upvote 0
Thanks guys :)

Update: made two blogposts today! The first contains all the video's I shot while I was at the Grotto. I have had to buy a laptop to do this and spent at least 36 hours uploading these video's due to a crappy wifi connection! So you had better enjoy it! ;)
Link here: http://a-wanderers-soul.blogspot.ca/2012/06/grotto-videos-finally.html

The second post is about all my travels after I last made a post and helps keep you up to date with my latest adventures. It's easiest to just go to http://a-wanderers-soul.blogspot.com/ !

Upvote 0