• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

My ideas for Classes and Weapons

Forgot M14
MAC-11 = COD noob gun
M40 not used by US Army. USMC only. US army used Winchester M70
M26 grenade more realistic
Forgot DP-28 or RP-46
Forgot TT-33 (Makarov was rarer)
From what I understand, the Ithaca M37 was much more common than the 870. M1912 is also appropriate too.
Might aswell give the VC some kind of high-powered semi-auto alongside the SKS. Although the SKS is more accurate than the AK, The SVT or MAS-49 would be a step out from that. A Mosin would also be good.
Give VC some kind of more accurate smg. (MAT-49, PPS-43. MP-40)
Forgot Thompson/M3 for US/ARVN
I have been told that many US troops brought shotguns from home and sawed them off. Could be a good sidearm no?

Upvote 0
Just VC? I think we will mostly be NVA.
Also just having AK47 for SL is a bit strange, Assault should also have access to AR's. Additionally where the hell is the Type 56 rifle? The Chinese shipped quite a lot to Vietnam.

Right, CoD basically had about every weapon we used in RO2 and RS, Vietnam won't be much different. Btw noob gun, it's always the same, people can't deal with things: It's OP or it's noob. I remember gunning down snipers en mass

Upvote 0
Your list would be all wrong for the Vietcong. It would be okay for the NVA, but not the VC. The VC until fairly late in the war just had whatever guns they could find and scrounge. Mostly a mixture of a lot of French, Japanese, and American guns (mostly from guns given to the French, but some given to the Viet-Minh to fight the Japanese in WWII). A lot of French MAS-36s, a lot of MAT-49s (the Francophile in me really wants these in the game!) some M1917s, some M1903s, a lot of M1 carbines, a lot of Thompsons, some British SMLEs mixed in. When Soviet and Chinese aid came then you had a lot of Chinese T53s and Soviet M44s and even good number of German K98ks as the Soviets dumped a ton of them onto their communist allies. Most of the more modern guns like the SKS' and AKs when to the NVA.

For side arms it would be a lot of TT-33s, a lot of French side arms like M1935A and M1935S, a lot of M1911s, and then some P-38s as the French used them and the Soviets dumped a lot of them too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0