• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

My First Server . Couple Of Idea , Is this doable?

bilal

Jun 9, 2018
hi guys

usually i just playing in original public server but as time goes by i get bored for many of reason (to easy even in hell on earth example ss just need single headshot to kill scrake, wave to short usually public server only has 10 wave and many other reason)
so i decided to rent server and hosting my server there ( im planning to host endless mode on each of my server)

well custom map is fun actually , i read lots of tutorial how to install and managed to add pretty fun map on my server
i also managed to add more slot than the stock slot (6 player)

Currently i rent two server a windows and linux one

The windows server is already up and running but i want to made some changes in gameplay

to shortened up i want to
  1. add 2 or 3 boss on every boss wave
  2. make zed health standar as in 6 player mode but zed spawn double or maybe triple times than the usual
  3. auto kick low level player maybe level 10- perks is getting auto kick when joining my server
  4. make ammo spawn less frequently so player will have to adapt and conserve their ammunition
the other problem is apparently ,in linux server i rent wrong ...i have a cheap deal which i cant resists (Centos 5) yes i know its to old

when i run steamcmd this is what i get

linux32/steamcmd: /lib/i686/nosegneg/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.8' not found (required by /Kllingfloor2/

i already paid for 6 month for this server i would like to know is the server is still usable as i just found out that GLIBC 2.8 is not supported by centos 5

Thanks

I do not have answers to your specific questions but I do host a private server for my group and we play with friendly fire on. It makes communication vital and helping teammates requires surgical precision. However FF does not work well for public servers because of trolling. Start with 10% FF and see how much harder it gets.

Upvote 0
RUSTIK;n2320952 said:
I do not have answers to your specific questions but I do host a private server for my group and we play with friendly fire on. It makes communication vital and helping teammates requires surgical precision. However FF does not work well for public servers because of trolling. Start with 10% FF and see how much harder it gets.

Hi Rustik

well i did tried that, but its simply don't work as for example in Higher wave (30+) ,all of the sudden a demo or firebug Join and spaying out of control which end up killing whole team mate ..it kills our mood when it happen ..but if i can make the linux one to up and running, i have something in my mind for another FF game modes but obviously after taking care several matter such banning using certain perks

as for my question ,im not trying to ask to much (asking something which doesn't exist at the first place) but i played before in server which spawn 3 bosses , or crazy amount of horde (almost 600 zed in early wave)

Upvote 0