• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

My Feelings and Questions So Far

Sgt TastyWheat

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 11, 2011
I apologize a head of time for the length, but here we go:
I was a day one buyer of Killing Floor: Calamity when it was released on the Ouya. I followed the development of the game and have posted here a few times already. I also have a few hours into the Ouya release and was looking forward to the Android release of the game. Just some background on my devices before I get into my opinions so you know what I

I was wondering the same thing about Multiplayer. Even if it's just one other player, that would really make this game shine for me. By Multiplayer, I mean online matching. I do own the Nvidia Shield, plays perfectly with the controller. But i'm the only one out of my friends with one.
Other than that, this game is amazing. You guys did a great job.

Upvote 0
1. Will we ever get some kind of leaderboard or way to compare scores with friends?
2. Will android ever get multiplayer? - This is a big one but not for the reason you would expect. I am aware nvidia shield devices can play with a friend, but otherwise the android devices cannot. This is not only unfortunate for all android users (most likely the majority of customers. There are more people who own average tablets than Nvidia

Upvote 0
1) If people like the game and it does well we will look at how we can improve it.
2) This is unlikely. The game wasn't built with network multiplayer in mind. Android TV devices in general (and more powerful devices) can play local multiplayer. Others not so much due to performance concerns. Those concerns are still an issue with networked multiplayer, and only get worse.
3) This is something we are considering for the future, but expectations of how such a game would run on Steam (such as multiplayer) would mean significant development work on the game/engine.
4) As far as I am aware it supports nvidia/xbox/ps3/generic android controller input. But we haven't tested against those recently (except Shield)
5) It was a design choice for players to better understand what perk a player was in local co-op.

Thank you for your quick and honest response.

Upvote 0