• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

My dad's Vietnam photos: From Dak To to Quang Tri

Sclass12

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 17, 2006
New Jersey
As some of you know, my dad served in the Vietnam War.
IMG_0033.jpg

As some of you may recall, there was a thread on here called "WWII Pics" or something to that effect. In it, I posted a few pictures of my dad's Vietnam photographs. The quality was awful, and I said I wish I had a scanner. Well yesterday, my parents bought a brand new printer/scanner/copier/faxer that enabled me to upload my dad's photos. So I did.

I have ordered these as best I could, so please forgive me if anything is out of order. I will post the front, and link to the writing on the back of the photo.

This is Part I.

Dak To/Pleiku, November 1967
IMG_0038.jpg

Back

IMG_0011.jpg

Back

IMG_0035.jpg

Back

LZ English, December 1967
IMG_0009.jpg

Back

IMG_0019-1.jpg

Back

IMG_0021-1.jpg

Back

IMG_0005.jpg

Back

IMG_0017-1.jpg

Back

Part II following shortly

Lot of M2's rather than M16's for 1968, no?

I thought by 68 the changeover was in full force and support personal were having grease guns forced on them in an attempt by the whiz kids to eliminate .30 carbine from the armory.

But there's always more to the story than history teaches.
Wait what? :confused:

EDIT: Nevermind, I see what you're saying. The guys with M2 Carbines are ARVN (Army, Republic of Vietnam) or my dad's RF/PF (Regional Forces/Popular Forces) my dad was advising and training.

Upvote 0