- Jan 6, 2011
ZED Manager replaces ScrnMonstersMut a.k.a. Custom Monster Balance.
Official Page @ Steam Forums
Download Links for Servers
Zed Manager: mutator itself. Iincludes also Balanced versions (SE) of Brute, Jason and Shiver.
(optional) WPCMonsters_Data: assets for Brute, Jason and Shiver.
(optional) ScrnMonsters: code and assets for Tesla Husk, Ghost and HardPat.
Links to original threads
No need to download anything below, just paying respect to original authors.
Brute Female Fleshpound Hard Pat Jason Voorhees Shiver Tesla Husk
- Adds new specimens: Tesla Husk and Ghost
- Balances community-made monsters (Brute, Shiver, Jason, HardPat) for better fitting in the game.
- Fully supports Female Fleshpound, Shafter, Sick, Goreshank and Fatale.
- Allows adding any custom zed you wish.
- Allows replacing any stock zed with custom one (or another stock zeds). You can replace Stalkers with Ghosts, Bloats with Sicks, Husks with Hellfires or even Clots with Gorefasts!
- Allows setting any end game boss you wish.
- Has the following built-in custom monster profiles (spawning rules): Brute, Jason, Shiver, FemaleFP, Tesla Husk.
- You can replace default custom monster with any other zed the same way as replacing stock zeds. For example, you can replace Tesla Husk with Fatale.
- Now you can you Balanced (SE - Scrn Edition) or Original versions of Brute, Jason and Shiver.
- Mutator has 4 config profiles. Each profile can be used for a different game config in KFMapVove.
- Each custom zed can be voted on or off via MUTATE VOTE ZED console command.
- Mutator isn't linked to any monster packages and can be used without any of them.
Differences from ScrnMonstersMut
- Configs are stored in Zeds.ini instead of ScrnBalance.ini.
- Mutator isn't linked to any monster packages and can be used without any of them. For example, if server doesn't use Brute, then no more need of installing Brute's assets on the server.
- If monster is disabled, then clients will not download its packages (code and assets) from the server.
- You can use original version of Brute/Jason/Shiver, if you don't like SE version.
- You can replace any zed with any other zed, including stock-stock, stock-custom, custom-custom, custom-stock. Examples:
- replace Clot with Gorefast
- replace Husk with Hellfire
- replace Tesla Husk with Fatale
- replace Fleshpound with Female Fleshpound
- replace Female Fleshpound with Brute (less Brutes and they will spawn from wave 6)
- replace Pat with a Clot ːClotː :trollface:
Four different configs
ZED Manager has 4 different configs setups in Zeds.ini. Each of them can be used for different game config in KFMapVote (click me for more details).
Technically there are 4 identical mutators in ScrnZedManager package: ZedManagerMut, ZedCfgA, ZedCfgB and ZedCfgC.
- ZedManagerMut has all custom and balanced zeds enabled by default.
- ZedCfgA offers original (unbalanced) version of zeds.
- ZedCfgB offers ScrN zeds only.
- ZedCfgC - user defined.
The next example (KFMapVote.ini) demonstrates using of different configs for different game types:
GameConfig=(GameClass="ScrnBalanceSrv.ScrnGameType",Prefix="KF-",Acronym="SE",GameName="Balanced Zeds (Scrn Edition)",Mutators="ServerPerksMut.ServerPerksMut,ScrnBalanceSrv.ScrnBalance,ScrnZedManager.[u]ZedManagerMut[/u]",Options="Difficulty=7?GameLength=2") GameConfig=(GameClass="ScrnBalanceSrv.ScrnGameType",Prefix="KF-",Acronym="WPC",GameName="Original WPC Zeds Only",Mutators="ServerPerksMut.ServerPerksMut,ScrnBalanceSrv.ScrnBalance,ScrnZedManager.[u]ZedCfgA[/u]",Options="Difficulty=7?GameLength=2") GameConfig=(GameClass="ScrnBalanceSrv.ScrnGameType",Prefix="KF-",Acronym="D3",GameName="Doom3 with custom zed config",Mutators="ServerPerksMut.ServerPerksMut,ScrnBalanceSrv.ScrnBalance,ScrnZedManager.[u]ZedCfgC[/u],ScrnDoom3KF.Doom3Mutator,ScrnD3Ach.D3AchMut",Options="Difficulty=7?GameLength=2")
If you want to customize zeds, then you need to change or add a new zed definition record (ZedDefs), for example:
There are 3 types of this value:
- Replacing stock zed. In this case stock zed will be removed and new zed will be spawned instead of it. Available values:
CLOT, CRAWLER, GOREFAST, STALKER, SCRAKE, FLESHPOUND, BLOAT, SIREN, HUSK.
- Replacing end game boss.
- Spawning zed using one of built-in custom zed profiles. Supported values:
BRUTE, JASON, SHIVER, FFP, TESLAHUSK, SICK, SHAFTER, GORESHANK, FATALE
User-friendly name to be used in zed voting (e.g. MVOTE ZED BRUTE OFF). If omitted, Kind value will be used.
Full name of zed class, including package name.
Package to be added to ServerPackages, when this zed is enabled. If this value differs from package specified in ClassName, then both packages will be added to ServerPackages.
Controls, if zed should be added to the game. You can create zed profile but leave it disabled (bEnabled=False), allowing players to vote it on or off via MVOTE ZED console command.
Locked zeds can not be voted on or off by the players. bLocked is not applied on Server Admins, who always are able to vote.
Below is listed default Zeds.ini config:
Mutator isn't whitelisted and will not be submitted to the whitelist, because it allows replacing FP with a Clot or Pat with a Bloat.
ZED Manager uses ScrnVotingHandlerV4 (included).
Using of ServerPerks and ScrN Balance mutators is recommended but is not mandatory. It can be used on vanilla servers too, but what's the point of that, since it isn't whitelisted?