• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Mutator] Visible spectators

Marco

Grizzled Veteran
May 23, 2009
Finland
This is a mod that I wrote a while ago and has been flying around in some servers.
It makes all spectators (including dead players) into visible (random) colored puff clouds.

Download from here.

You simply add mutator named "Visible spectators X" (or "MutVisibleSpecsX.MutVisSpecs" in URL) and it's ready to go.

You can alter following values from MutVisibleSpecsX.ini (or from in-game settings):
ZapDamage=20 - The zap damage spectators can deal.
SpectatorModel=1 - Model type (0 = clouds, 1 = UFO's).
ZapProjSpeed=1000.000000 - Zap projectile speed.
LaserRefireRate=1.000000 - Zap refire rate as spectator.
ZapTime=1.000000 - How long (in seconds) zeds stay zapped.
bAllowFireLaser=True - Allow spectators fire zap lasers.
bLaserZapEnemy=True - Zap projectiles zaps enemies like ZED gun.
ZapHealDamage=2 - While spectating a player, heal this much hitpoints per fire (0 = disabled).

Version history:
2.0:
- Added support to use tiny UFO models or cloud puffs.
- Added support for firing projectiles while spectating, to do small damage to zeds or heal players (by pressing Use key).
- Optimized network code for the visible spectators to make them move more smoothly.
1.0:
- Initial release.

You can still download first version from here.

Last edited:
Its not that bad because half of the people spectate you, which means they're right above your head, and the other half zoom around doing who knows what, but its not in your face distracting. they're not as twinkley as navi either, more muted.

I thought of this before I even read your post, but you beat me to it.
navi.jpg

Upvote 0
Just some feedback on this for you Marco. Works brilliantly and is a lot of fun. A lot of my players would rather be clouds then actually playing now lol. The only suggestion by the looks of what everyone agrees with is maybe making the clouds slightly heigher when they're spetating a player cause it goes in their view a little but only slightly.

Great work, 10/10 for imagination and fun factor :)

Upvote 0
Just some feedback on this for you Marco. Works brilliantly and is a lot of fun. A lot of my players would rather be clouds then actually playing now lol. The only suggestion by the looks of what everyone agrees with is maybe making the clouds slightly heigher when they're spetating a player cause it goes in their view a little but only slightly.

Great work, 10/10 for imagination and fun factor :)

if theres a server thats running this, could you let me know which one? Im trying to see how this thing looks, but all the servers I play on, dont have this added. If only it was whitelisted though

Upvote 0
if theres a server thats running this, could you let me know which one? Im trying to see how this thing looks, but all the servers I play on, dont have this added. If only it was whitelisted though

207.237.69.11:7710 I'm fairly certain it's running on this one... (Fairly heavy download but some awesome mods on there (even if I do say so myself =P ))

Upvote 0
207.237.69.11:7710 I'm fairly certain it's running on this one... (Fairly heavy download but some awesome mods on there (even if I do say so myself =P ))

sweet!, Im on my way lol. If DL takes that long, then I might go get dinner while its DL. If you see someone named Andrew Ryan that joins, and he is unresponsive, then thats most likely me being AFK while eating dinner. Just kick me :p

Upvote 0
If the clouds are getting in the way. Try this tweaked version.

http://www.mediafire.com/?zcr917lxhdy6me0

All credits to Marco of course.

Edited version of Marco's Visible Spectator Mutator

-Change Log-
[Change] Increased cloud height to alleviate sight being obstructed.

-Install-
Copy files to your ..\killingfloor\system\ folder.

Run from menu - mutator name "Visible Spectators - W" or "?mutator=MutVisibleSpecsW.MutVisSpecsW" in the launch URL

-Credits-
Original mod, Marco
Tweak, Whisky

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0