• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Mutator] TrainingPack

dkanus

Oct 14, 2013
This mutator was created as a collection of simple commands to help me and my friends with practicing solo games and grew rather large after awhile.
I'm planning to create a similar mutator from scratch some time later, so I won't be updating or fixing this one. This is just as-is release of something I've been using.

NOTE: This mutator was developed to be used on the servers with ScrN balance and NicePack present (even in vanilla mode, when they were inactive). For this release I've prepared a version that doesn't have these dependencies, but help entries for commands may still hint at them; just ignore these mentions if you're using vanilla version.
NOTE 2: Since this mutator was developed mainly to aid with solo practice, - there's no limitation on who can use it's commands. So it's not meant to be used on public servers.

Installation
Download TrainingPack

To make it work you need to both add mutator and specify correct gametype.

This mutator assumes that you're using one of the 3 custom game types (depending on what mods you're using):
  • 'TrainVanillaGT' - in case you're using this mutator with vanilla game
  • 'TrainScrnGT' - in case you're using this mutator with ScrN
  • 'TrainNiceGT' - in case you're using this mutator with ScrN and NicePack
When you've decided on that, - choose one of the 3 versions of the mutator:
  • 'TrainingPackVanilla': has no requirements, but only supports 'TrainVanillaGT' game type
  • 'TrainingPackScrN': requires servers and clients to have ScrN mutator, supports both 'TrainVanillaGT' and 'TrainScrnGT' game types
  • 'TrainingPack': requires servers and clients to have ScrN and NicePack mutators and supports all the game types
Mutator was only ever tested on dedicated servers.

Available commands
List of available commands can be found here.
This information can also be accessed during the game via 'mutate hlp' console command.

Aliases
Mutator also supports aliases system.
In a config file on a server one can assign a friendlier names for weapon/zed classes, that can later be used in it's commands. For example:
Code:
weaponAliases="[Vanilla]kfmod.MK23Pistol:mk:mk23:mk23pistol"
This would allow player to add MK23 to his inventory by typing 'mutate give mk23' or 'mutate give mk' instead of 'mutate give kfmod.MK23Pistol'.

If one is using this mutator with ScrN, he can add:
Code:
weaponAliases="[Vanilla]kfmod.MK23Pistol:[ScrN]ScrnBalanceSrv.ScrnMK23Pistol:mk:mk23:mk23pistol"
and then use either 'mutate give scrn mk23' to get ScrN's version of MK23 or 'mutate give vanilla mk23' to get the vanilla version.

In case tag is omitted, - TrainingPack will use the first tag (that is available for the weapon) it's found. User can enforce the priority of tags by setting one of the following two variables:
Code:
groupPriority="nice:mean:scrn:vanilla"
vanillaGroupPriority="vanilla:scrn:nice:mean"
'groupPriority' is used in case ScrN was detected (never for 'TrainingPackVanilla') and 'vanillaGroupPriority' is used otherwise.
NOTE: each class name in alias record must be associated with some tag; but if you're only gonna use one class for your aliases, - it doesn't matter how you name it as there wouldn't be any order conflict.

Cheat detection system
Some of the commands in this mutator are classified as cheats and their usage will force a red square to be drawn on the player's screen.
Such commands can be locked permanently from being used on the current map by a 'mutate lock on' command.

Permissions to use
I don't care. Anyone is permitted to do anything.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kr1msOn_X