• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Mutator] Total Game Balance + Gunslinger Perk (ScrN Balance)

@madfin
give me your server log next time it crashes. I'll check it out.

Looks like the culprit was the Predator mine. No crashes since i removed it. Dunno why it didn't cause problems in 8.05. Maybe it was not used as intensely back then.

Server log doesn't give any explanations why it crashed. log entrys stops in the middle of the sentence.

Warning: kiraRespawn KF-Defence-2013.kiraRespawn (Function kiraRespawnv1.kiraRespawn.allowrespawn:00D5) Accessed None 'PlayerReplicationInfo'
Warning: kiraRespawn KF-Defence-2013.kiraRespawn (Function kiraRespawnv1.kiraRespawn.allowres

There is billion lines of that kirarespawn trash being written. Log files are hundreds of megs in size because of that :eek:

Upvote 0
limit of weapons on LAN server?

limit of weapons on LAN server?

Hi, i've used this mod in the past and really like it, and now after some time i've been testing weapons on localhost and no problems at all there.

Then tried to test run it on LAN and the other computer wont connect. it stays on the black screen that says connecting to index.rom, but this happens only when the number or memory that weapons use exceed some sort of limit, it doesnt seem like its a problem in the weapons themselves since they all work on lan by separate smaller groups, but when they are all together, lets say 60 or so this problem happens. also the numbers of weapons is not fixed, some times i only got it to work with 50, some times with 100.

Is there any sort of limit on the mod or base game that could be changed? or any of you know a possible reason for this? i would really aprettiate some help with this since im a little rusty in the matter and ive been trying a lot to make it work. Thanks for the great mutator.

btw im using kf 1064, server perks 7.1 and scrn 8.14, same problem with workshop or server version.

Upvote 0

Hello, I've had a similar problem as you are going through and I believe some users have had the same problem in the past. If you've searched this thread you'd find that this issue was raised and another user by the name of mmnicolas states that "You are undoubtedly hitting the max package limit with those gazillions skins and weapons, causing the infamous "It's stuck at Index.rom" issue. There is Marco's NetReduce that could help but really, I think you should reconsider all that stuff". The link to said post is here:

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?p=1327810&highlight=index.rom#post1327810

You may need to consider installing the mentioned fix or removing stuff since you're hitting the max limit. If you're running on LAN, you can check your firewall settings, switch it off for KF, see if that helps (it helped me in the past).

Upvote 0
@random
If you are Listening server, then clients may stuck in Index.rom, if they are required too much stuff to download. It may take a few hours for them before they start downloading (yes, I've tested that).

If you can't afford of running a dedicated server, then there are two solutions for you:
  1. Clients must manually install on their machines all custom content that you are running: ServerPerks, ScrnBalance all custom guns, perk, zeds, maps etc.
  2. Instead of listening server press Dedicated button. Tell clients to connect. In this case clients are downloading all content without any problems. After everybody finished downloading and joined the game, restart the server in listen mode. Client will have custom content saves in their Cache folder.

Upvote 0
Thanks for your helpful replies guys.

@poosh: thanks, but its almost certain that its what sinthecrimson said, both machines had all the content from the start so there is nothing to download, problems behaves the same way in either listen or dedicated server.

@sinthecrimson: That NetReduce helped a lot, to clarify ive been trying only weapons over a clean installation, no player skins or anything else. Is there any practical way to know the number of PackageMap list size?. Results seem very dependant on the map which makes sense, and they probably vary a lot from a weapon to other, ive been going only by trial and error and probably tried about a 80 times with different combinations. some weapons must use a lot because sometimes i end un with a list smaller that the default (removing them).

Anyway thanks a lot.

Upvote 0
I may have found another weapon related issue. I added sentrytechv111 extreme pipes to server and they work fine by themselves but if you toss holy grenade with them it is instant server crash. Server crashed 3 times in a row with those. I don't remember having that problem in scrn 8.05 when i last had them. Crashes stopped when i removed extremes.

Not a big issue, but if you have similar problems remove extremes. They are quite op anyways :cool:

Upvote 0
What do you mean with "unavailable"? Can't pick them from the ground? Are they locked? Or what?

Meaning that you cant use your weapons that you have purchased or picked. weapon list shows empty also or if there is weapon and you choose it it disappears.

This has happened always sometimes, but now it has been happening in almost every game. Could be just me since no one else is reporting it.

Also lot of client crashes are happening again when you join in the game.

Upvote 0