• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Mutator] Total Game Balance + Gunslinger Perk (ScrN Balance)

@ Aze
Thanks for the feedback. Some of suggestions you made I've already implemented in the v1.62, maybe in little different way:

Max weight raised by 1 block (to 11) along with Dual-HC weight increase to 6. So you still can't hold both Dual-HC + Laser-44, but you can trade Dual-HC for Dual-9mm + single pistol:
a) Dual-44 + Dual9mm + HC
b) Laser-44 + Dual-9mm + 44 Magnum (or another 3-block weapon: Katana, MedGun etc.).
Also, when you start the game as Support or Firebug with 10-block weapon and switch to Gunslinger later, now you'll be able to carry it to the trader (previously it was dropped and couldn't be picked up due to weight cap).

I made Magnum ammo cheaper (from 13 to 11 per drum). Now its per-bullet price is slightly cheaper than HC ammo, but not too cheap to outshine commando or firebug in economical part of trash-killing.

You're suggesting to remove Gunslinger's ammo bonus and increase it in the same time ;) With current implementation, Level 6 Gunslinger can carry 124 HC and 230 Magnum ammo. But you're suggesting to increase HC ammo to 168. But when you're holding a single pistol, you don't need so much ammo anyway. So practically it doesn't matter: have you ammo bonus or not. Beside that, both single and dual pistols are sharing the same ammo pool. Splitting those could mean a lot of codding (testing, bug-fixing etc.). So I want to leave single pistols' ammo untouched.

MK23... imo it is way too overpowered and it isn't my job to fix it. If Ivan and Jack will balance it, I'll think about making my mutator IJC-compatible.

Raising HC price to 750... Good idea! Dual-HC are the beast in the Gunslinger's hands. I'll change it in the next release.

Setting max carry weight to default 15... I think - nope. Then Gunslinger could carry both Dual-HC + Laser-44 and become Cowboy, Trash Killer and Scrake Killer in the same time. It's like Demo with both LAW and M32. Beside that, Gunslinger also could carry variety of other weapons: xbow, M32 etc.

Upvote 0
I made Magnum ammo cheaper (from 13 to 11 per drum). Now its per-bullet price is slightly cheaper than HC ammo, but not too cheap to outshine commando or firebug in economical part of trash-killing.
Sweet :)

You're suggesting to remove Gunslinger's ammo bonus and increase it in the same time ;)
Well, i meant that it should be removed as a Gunslinger-bonus, and instead be a general bonus for anyone who dualwields.
If you have max ammo increased whiled dualwielding AND extra ammo as Gunslinger, it would be way too much ammo.

With current implementation, Level 6 Gunslinger can carry 124 HC and 230 Magnum ammo. But you're suggesting to increase HC ammo to 168. But when you're holding a single pistol, you don't need so much ammo anyway. So practically it doesn't matter: have you ammo bonus or not.
But the 168 ammocap for HC is only when dualwielding them. You still only carry max 96 ammo when you hold a single one!
I thought you had quite a nice amount for the Magnums, they felt pretty much perfect in amount of ammo. But the Dual HCs felt like it had too little ammo, imo. Hence these suggestions.

Beside that, both single and dual pistols are sharing the same ammo pool. Splitting those could mean a lot of codding (testing, bug-fixing etc.). So I want to leave single pistols' ammo untouched.
Well, that is a more understandable reason not to rebalance single contra dual weapons in my way :p
Just wondered if you perhaps could try it out.

MK23... imo it is way too overpowered and it isn't my job to fix it. If Ivan and Jack will balance it, I'll think about making my mutator IJC-compatible.
Hence my suggestions to tone its power down :) I forgot to add: It also need a slower base reload (i think you understand why)

Setting max carry weight to default 15... I think - nope. Then Gunslinger could carry both Dual-HC + Laser-44 and become Cowboy, Trash Killer and Scrake Killer in the same time. It's like Demo with both LAW and M32. Beside that, Gunslinger also could carry variety of other weapons: xbow, M32 etc.
That's why i suggested the weights etc the way i did. I also mentioned that the MK23 should be the lasersight pistols (i did, right?), so the Magnums' lasersight version could be scrapped.

The way i suggested them, these would be the different (normal) setups:
* Dual HCs + Dual Magnums or MK23s = 1 spare weight over
* Dual HCs + Dual 9mm (+ Single Magnum or MK23) = 1 spare weight over
* Dual 9mm + Dual Magnums or MK23s (+ Single HC) = 1 spare weight over
* Dual MK23's + Dual Magnums = 2 spare weight over
* Single HC + Single MK23 + Single Magnum + Dual 9mm = 1 spare weight over
* Single HC + Dual MK23 or Magnum + Single Magnum or MK23 = 1 spare weight
* Dual HCs + Single MK23 + Single Magnum = 1 Spare weight

None of these setups are overpowered. And as you can see, you can still never carry more than 2 Dualwields of any kind!

If you find the time to try my suggestions with the weight and ammo distribution, let me know! :)

Upvote 0
But the 168 ammo cap for HC is only when dualwielding them. You still only carry max 96 ammo when you hold a single one!
In the very beginning of development level 6 Gunslinger had 50% magazine bonus and 60% max ammo bonus for HC, that is 24 bullets in Dual-HC magazines and 153 bullets max. And I tell you: it was way too overpowered. In the first testing (6p HoE, KF-Offices) we had 3 Gunlingers, Commando, Medic and Support (he mostly was welding the back door). No heavy-hitters in the team. But with 1 Laser-44 + 2 Dual-HC we managed to kill every single Scrake without taking any damage. Another interesting fact: FP under heavy HC bullet spam is making less damage. I don't know was he doing some kind of flinch animation or what, but his first attack delivered only ~60 damage point to unarmored player. And it was the only attack he could do, because before the next attack Gunslingers managed to unleash 2x24 HC bullets, reload and finish him with another half of the magazine (you need ~70 HC bullets to kill FP).
Removing magazine bonus solved only a part of the problem. Then it was needed one extra Gunslinger with Dual-HC to reach the same effect (50% smaller magazine = 50% more guns).
That's why limiting Dual-HC ammo is essential in keeping Gunslinger balanced. Dual-HC in Gunslinger's hands are too powerful to allow them to be used as a primary weapon. They should be used as an emergency in "Oh ****" situations.

Magnum - 90 damage (down from 105)
Perfect idea! Just perfect. I don't know how you came up with this number (calculations or just an example), but it is an ideal value to balance Magnum(s) in Gunslinger's hands and in the same time keep it practically unchanged in SS or other perks. It leaves the same amount of shots needed to kill small and medium-size zeds, but makes Magnums significantly weaker against SC and FP (see the calculations I've made). I'll add it as soon as possible.

MK23
Once more (and hope we can end the discussion about it): I won't touch it... ever. It is a IJC weapon, so I don't think I have a moral rights to take it and screw it. If you want MK23 being changed (actually, I want it to), then please ask Ivan and Jack to do it, not me.
As a player, I think MK23 is overpowered, so it would be weird to support it in the mutator, which is developed for balancing the game. Btw, I already posted MK23s balance issue on IJC forums. Ivan promised to take a look at it in the next release. If they'll make MK23 balanced (i.e. tbh: I'll think it is balanced enough), I'll think about supporting it in ScrnBalance. This means I can add price discount, damage and other bonuses in Sharpshooter and Gunslinger perks. But I won't edit core IJC packages or link them to my mutator - IJC have developed this weapon, so it's their right to make it the way they see it. However, our right, as players/admins/moders, is to use IJC weapons as they are or don't use them, if we think they don't fit in our play-style. I hope I made myself clear.

Same with MK23 with laser sights. If you want such weapon, ask IJC for it. If they'll agree, I can also share my code and textures with them as well, to make the development process easier. But as a player, I don't think it is a good idea. MK23 has perfect iron sights with green LEDs, so why the hell it needs laser sights? However, mine 44 Magnum with laser sights - nice mix of old-time weapon and modern technologies - fits perfectly in Steampunk design.

Weight
Please remove MK23 in your weight distribution idea and post a new suggestion, then we can talk about it again. But please stick with following rules:
a) I won't agree to allow carrying both Dual-HC + Laser-44 in the same time.
b) Pistols are used widely as an off-perk weapons, when players have free weight slots left, So I distributed the weight for all such situations:
1 free slot - Machete (kept from original)
2 free slots - Dual-9mm
3 free slots - Magnum 44
4 free slots - HandCannon

Upvote 0
New version (1.64) is out, containing mostly balance changes suggested by Aze and accepted by me:
- Magnum's damage lowered to 90 (down from 105). [Aze]
- HC's price raised to 750 (up from 500). [Aze]
- Magnum's price raised to 500 (up from 450). [Aze]
+ Laser-44 can be dropped now. Pickup looks like a single pistol, but who cares?
+ Laser-44 reload rate made faster to compensate damage nerf (now it is the same as Dual-HC)

Upvote 0
Hey poosh, some more ideas now when the IJC weapons are add to the game. Just some random requests (and i know they are plentiful, sorry), as im really curious to see how those would alter the feel in the game:

SUPPORT STUFF:
HSG-1
* Increase weight to 8 or 9 (from 6)
* Reduce pellet damage to 15 each (from 19) (17 damage is needed if you want it to still be able to decap with a single pellet on HoE as level 6 Support. Your choice) OR reduce pellet count to 10 (from 12)
* Increase base ammo to 60 (from 48)
This makes it a middleground between the AA12 and the Pump

Combat Shotgun
* Increase weight to 8 perhaps?
* Increase ammo to 54
* Reduce the pellet spread a little bit (just to give it a little bit longer range than the Pump, but less than the HSG-1. Also gives it a reason to have the red dot scope)
* Reduce quite a lot of its recoil
* Reduce damage per pellet to 32 (from 35)
* Maybe raise its cost back to 2500, or at least 2000?

AA12
* Add a magazine perhaps? (100 base, rather than 80)

COMMANDO (AND A LITLE DEMOLITION) STUFF:
FN FAL
* Increase weight to 7 or 8 (from 6)
* Increase magsize to 24 (from 20)
* Reduce max ammo to 288 (from 300)
* Remove fullauto option (only semiauto)
* Reduce damage to somewhere between 52 and 55 (from 65)
* Add a single penetration
* Reduce cost to 2000 (from 2750)
That makes it a snipery and penetrating semiauto rifle, rather than another dps-monster like the SCAR.

M4 (as well as the M4+M203)
* Reduced recoil
* Headshot multiplier increased to 1,26x (to allow single shots offperk to decap HoE trash)

DEMOLITIONS STUFF:
Handgrenades
* Maybe let the Demolitions also have discount on Handgrenades? Either the Pipebomb or the regular discount, imo it doesn't matter. However, the Pipebomb one would help lowlevel Demolition players to level a bit more easily.

SHARPSHOOTER STUFF:
M99
* Base reload speed up to 4 seconds (from current one which is less than 3, right?) That would make it more balanced with the reloadspeed bonus (2.5 second reload at level 6)

Xbow
* Base reload speed up to 2.4 seconds (from current one which is around 1.6, right?) That would make it more balanced with the reloadspeed bonus (1.5 second reload at level 6)

MEDIC STUFF:
Perk bonuses
* Max discount up to 93%

M7A3
* Increase weight to 7
* Increase base price to 12000

MP5M
* Increase damage to 35
* Increase weight to 5

MP7
* Add a single little penetration (50% dropoff?)
That would not allow you to carry ALL medic weapons at once.

GUNSLINGER STUFF:
Laser Magnum
* Remove this weapon, but have a replacement:

MK23
* Add your lasers to the MK23s instead! (both single and dual)
* Reduce damage to 60-ish (from 82)
* Remove ALL penetration
* Weights: Single 3, Dual 5 or 6
* Price: 625 baseprice each
* Remove the laserstate from neglecting Cowboy Mode (so these pistols don't become useless)
The Laser Magnums were far more powerful than this. The only advantage the MK23s would have is its slightly faster reloadspeed and double magsize. The lack of penetration and its much weaker shot would make it far more balanced i hope.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spicy
Upvote 0
Aze, you really love making guns weaker... I personally like having an array of High DPS guns to pick from - Weights can be changed and all, but i personally like that the "HSG" (Which i think was kinda a bad call to name it that because HSG keeps making me think of hte hunting shotty) is top tier feeling right now, and that the fn fal is too.
KF for me has always been about that endgame loadout, and it feels alot less fun if the cool guns never make it into that loadout.

Reactions: Spicy
Upvote 0
Version 2.2 is out:

Code:
WEAPON BALANCE:
    + LAW weight changed to 12 (down from 13) to allow carrying Machete
    + Totally reworked penetration policy of all shotguns' pellets.
    + Raised base penetration count and lowered damage reduction, 
        Now shotguns are much better when used off-perk or by low-level supports
    - Limited penetration bonus for supports to 60% (down from 90%).
        But together with base penetration increase total damage output 
        made by level 6 Support is only slightly lower that it was before.
    - Big zeds significantly reduce further penetration damage:
        Bloats and Husks: 25% lower penetration damage (except HSg and CSg);
        SC and FP: 50% lower penetration damage ("double hit bug" is now "x1.5 hit");
        KSG can't penetrate big zeds at all;
        HSg and CSg can penetrate Bloats and Husks without extra damage reduction.
    + CSg pellet spread made slightly tighter [Aze], but it's still wider than KSG  
    + Medic receives magazine size and discount bonuses for KSG shotgun.

FN-FAL
    + Added 2-bullet fixed burst mode
    + Added 1 penetration [Aze]: 
        25% damage reduction after hitting small zeds (up to Siren)
        75% damage reduction after hitting big zeds (Bloat, Hust, SC, FP)
    - Increased recoil and spread
    - Fire rate made slower (0.085700s -> 0.15s);
KSG Shotgun
    - 30% slower fire rate [DarkFalz]
    - 25% penetration damage reduction after hitting big zeds
    - weight raised to 7 (up from 6)

GLOBAL CHANGES:
    + Compatible with a new game version (IJC weapons)
    - Removed Crossbow & M99 reload speed bonus 
M99:    
    + base damage raised to 800 (up from 770) and headshot multiplier to x3 (up from x2.25)
        Now M99 deals exactly double headshot damage comparing to xbow, 
        but has significantly higher body damage (to clear the line of small zeds)
    - Set SC & FP resistance to M99 to be same as Crossbow: 
        65% damage resistance for FP
        50% damage resistance for SC on Sui+ diff.
            Now SC on Sui+ can't be stunned by M99 bodyshot
    - Increased ammo price to $40, giving SS the same discount rate as Crossbow
    - Weight increased to 14 (up from 13)
GUNSLINGER:
    + MK23 added to the perk
    - Removed MK23 penetration
    - Weight increased to 3 blocks (up from 2).
    + Laser-MK23 (simmilar to Laser-44) 
    + Both Laser pistols receive 50% spread bonus while laser sights are on

Last edited:
Upvote 0
why increase m99 weight? theres no point. As is they can buy pipes or a machete, but htats it... and theres no reason not to let them. If anything, a minor nerfing and 12 weight should be considered, not the other way around...

Don't forget that 9mm is a perked weapon for SS, even if it is nerfed on HoE. So SS with M99+9mm has a better self-defense from small zeds comparing to Demo with LAW + Machete + 9mm. That's why I don't see any reason to allow SS to carry also Machete or pipes together with M99.

Upvote 0
Thanks poosh for ScrnBalance! But since Version 2, I get some errors, when any map is loading/configuring mutator. I am using IJC white version 2.7, running only ServerPerks5.51,ScrnBalance, tried adding in server packages (IJCWeaponPack-WhiteV27), enable/disable (IJC2.7) mutator but shows Critical Error.

Can you look, what is wrong? TIA
Build UT2004_Build_[2004-11-11_10.48]

CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 2814 MHz with 4094MB RAM
Video: ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series (1114)

Assertion failed: GIsEditor || GetSuperClass() || this==UObject::StaticClass() [File:.\UnClass.cpp] [Line: 892]

History: UClass::Bind <- (Class ScrnBalance.ScrnM99Pickup) <- ULinkerLoad::CreateExport <- (ScrnM99Pickup 23845) <- IndexToObject <- ULinkerLoad<<UObject <- (LinkerLoad Package.LinkerLoad 23845)) <- FPropertyTag::SerializeTaggedProperty <- LoadStream <- (Count 0) <- UStruct::SerializeTaggedProperties <- (NewClass[-1]) <- FPropertyTag::SerializeTaggedProperty <- LoadStream <- (Count 0) <- UStruct::SerializeTaggedProperties <- (pickupReplaceArray[-1]) <- UClass::Serialize <- (Class ScrnBalance.ScrnBalance) <- LoadObject <- (Class ScrnBalance.ScrnBalance 23845==23845/385307 21541 2415) <- ULinkerLoad::preload <- PreLoadObjects <- UObject::EndLoad <- UObject::StaticLoadObject <- (Core.Class ScrnBalance.ScrnBalance NULL) <- UObject::processEvent <- (KFGameType kf-defence-b1.KFGameType, Function KFmod.KFGameType.InitGame) <- BeginPlay <- UGameEngine::LoadMap <- LocalMapURL <- UGameEngine::Browse <- ClientTravel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Untitled <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 4C576C61 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

Upvote 0
Thanks poosh for ScrnBalance! But since Version 2, I get some errors, when any map is loading/configuring mutator. I am using IJC white version 2.7, running only ServerPerks5.51,ScrnBalance, tried adding in server packages (IJCWeaponPack-WhiteV27), enable/disable (IJC2.7) mutator but shows Critical Error.

Can you look, what is wrong? TIA

IJC weapons now are the official part of the game, so 2.7 mutator version won't work anymore. Remove it from server packages, server launch string, gameconfig and from anywhere else. You can even delete it from KF system directory.

Upvote 0
Sounds like a damn fine mutator does this. However, is there anyway you can make the Berserker more useful/badass in crowds of zeds? I've rambled on about this before, with the damage that's dealt only being "zoned" to one zed in a single swing. Is there a way to tweak the code so that damage it dealt to multiple zeds per swing? Not sure if this would unbalance things, but you could perhaps lessen the impact as the swing arc finishes.

Also, how about a fix for the melee impact sfx not playing online?

Do this and i'll send you the biggest e-cookie ever created!

;-)

Upvote 0
Hmm, interesting shotgun penetration changes. Wonder how they would work out.
But you seem to have made some weird changes to the KSG (HSG-1). Why make it a Medic weapon? Incendiary Firebug shotgun would perhaps be a more interesting choice imo.
And, if it is now so weak in penetration, why not weaken its pellet damage as well, but give it one more magazine (from 48 to 60), so it is more defined as a trashkiller shotgun?
And maybe undo the slowdown of the pumpaction on the KSG, so it is a bit faster again (with the above changes)

About the FN FAL, have you changed it to be ONLY a 2-burst round rifle? No semi-auto anymore?

Sounds like a damn fine mutator does this. However, is there anyway you can make the Berserker more useful/badass in crowds of zeds? I've rambled on about this before, with the damage that's dealt only being "zoned" to one zed in a single swing. Is there a way to tweak the code so that damage it dealt to multiple zeds per swing? Not sure if this would unbalance things, but you could perhaps lessen the impact as the swing arc finishes.

Also, how about a fix for the melee impact sfx not playing online?

Do this and i'll send you the biggest e-cookie ever created!

;-)

That would be a total and absolute win indeed! If you do this, do it for at least:
* Machete Secondary
* Katana Secondary
* Claymore Secondary
* Fire Axe PRIMARY

Upvote 0
Is there a way to tweak the code so that damage it dealt to multiple zeds per swing? Not sure if this would unbalance things, but you could perhaps lessen the impact as the swing arc finishes.

Aze also suggester to make Claymore's primary and Katana's alternate swing to hurt multiple zeds and I agree with it. The problem is it will be hard to code. As I like to say: "There is no spoon" (c) Matrix. Animation you see on the screen completely differs what code does. Player sees horizontal swing, but in real player is "shooting" straight-line forward as he does with any other, non-melee weapon. Imagine this as you're shooting a bullet from Katana with very limited flying range. So it is easier to implement penetration to the zeds standing behind the victim, not next to it.

If I have a free time, I'll try to make it, but no guarantees. I have some ideas, e.g. make it similar to Siren's scream, dealing damage in HurtRadius(), but in such case headshots won't count.

Hmm, interesting shotgun penetration changes. Wonder how they would work out.
But you seem to have made some weird changes to the KSG (HSG-1). Why make it a Medic weapon? Incendiary Firebug shotgun would perhaps be a more interesting choice imo.
And, if it is now so weak in penetration, why not weaken its pellet damage as well, but give it one more magazine (from 48 to 60), so it is more defined as a trashkiller shotgun?
And maybe undo the slowdown of the pumpaction on the KSG, so it is a bit faster again (with the above changes)

About the FN FAL, have you changed it to be ONLY a 2-burst round rifle? No semi-auto anymore?

Aze, you are reading my thoughts. Recently you're suggested to give demo discount on hand nades and now you're suggesting to raise KSGs max ammo from 48 to 60... well, both of those changes had already done before you're even made a post ;) I just forgot to document them in release notes.

I didn't make KSG a pure medic weapon. It still is a support weapon; it has no healing darts; but medic gets magazine size bonus and trader discount. You should try KSG+M7A3 loadout - it sacrifices some healing abilities (only one medic gun, no dropping exploit), but allows Medic to efficiently clean trash in a spare time.

FN FAL now has 3 fire modes: F/A, S/A and 2-bullet fixed burst mode, which is especially useful to kill Crawlers (2 bodyshots per kill), Sirens and Husks (multiple headshots in a row). As extra bonus this mode has lowered spread and recoil, allowing to shoot 2 bullets practically in the same point (I took this feature from another rifle: AN-94 "Abakan").
I don't think completely removing F/A mode from Commando's weapon would be a good idea, but I made it crappy as hell: dramatically increased maximum spread and recoil.

Upvote 0
did you think about using the other dualie perk? there was one out there and i forget who made it.

looks good tho, some nice changes. maybe i'll get around to doing legitimate testing later :D

You guys seem to be referring to my perk the "Dual Wielder". I'll be taking a look at this mod alittle later in the week to make sure nothing of mine is in it ^.^, although if poosh says it's original I'll give the benefit of the doubt first and just play around with it alittle to make sure my stuff isn't there.

Upvote 0
You guys seem to be referring to my perk the "Dual Wielder". I'll be taking a look at this mod alittle later in the week to make sure nothing of mine is in it ^.^, although if poosh says it's original I'll give the benefit of the doubt first and just play around with it alittle to make sure my stuff isn't there.
I doubt that Poosh would use your stuff without permission as he is a respectable modder as im even in the credits when I can't remember what I did lol. There is so much you can do for the design of the Gunslinger type anyway.

Upvote 0
I think I need to explain deeper the shotgun penetration job I've done.

First, I made MaxPenetrations variable really mean maximum penetration count (off the perk).
Spoiler!
Now default MaxPenetrations for shotgun pellets are 3, i.e. you can hit up to 4 targets off the perk. HSg has MaxPenetrations = 4, AA12 = 5

Second, I raised lowered base penetration damage reduction from 50% to 30% (pump, CSg), 35% -> 20% (HSg), 25% -> 10% (AA12, KSG). Penetration bonus for support lowered from 90% to 60% for level 6 Support (10% per perk level). This makes all shotguns more useful off the perk or on low Support levels, slightly reduces penetration for Pump and CSg (limiting level6 penetration count from "near to infinite" to 12) and practically leaves the same penetration for AA12 and KSG.

Third, big zeds now significantly reduce further penetration damage:
Bloats and Husks: 25% damage reduction;
SC and FP: 50% damage reduction.
This also lowers the effect of pellet hitting the body of the same zed twice: now it deals ~1.5x damage on SC/FP instead of ~2x, making chin-shooting SC much harder (but still possible for skilled Supports).
This feature allows to set specific penetration damage reduction for each zed and for each shotgun. For example, I made Siren Scream accelerate CSg pellets inside her body, making higher further damage output (just a test feature, I plan to remove it later).
Spoiler!

Here are current stats for all shotguns (you are welcome to suggest to change any parameter below):

Pump Shotgun:
Damage: 35 x 7
Max. Penetrations: 3 (13 for level 6 Support)
Pen. Damage Reduction: 30%
Additional damage reduction:
after hitting Bloats and Husks: 25% (and other custom zeds with base health between 500 and 999)
after hitting SC and FP: 50% (also PAT, Brute and other custom zeds with base health >= 1000)

Combat Shotgun (CSg):
Damage: 35 x 7
Max. Penetrations: 3 (13 for level 6 Support)
Pen. Damage Reduction: 30%
after hitting Bloats and Husks: 0% (bypass them as usual small zeds)
after hitting SC and FP: 50%

HSG-1 Shotgun (KSG):
Damage: 19.5 x 7
Max. Penetrations: 3 (>20 for level 6 Support)
Pen. Damage Reduction: 10%
after hitting Bloats and Husks: 75%
after hitting SC and FP: 100% (can't penetrate any of them)

Hunting Shotgun (HSg):
Damage: 50 x 10 (single); 50 x 20 (double)
Max. Penetrations: 4 (17 for level 6 Support)
Pen. Damage Reduction: 20%
after hitting Bloats and Husks: 0% (bypass them as usual small zeds)

AA12
Damage: 30 x 5
Max. Penetrations: 5 (>20 for level 6 Support)
Pen. Damage Reduction: 10%
after hitting Bloats and Husks: 25%

So now there should be a place for every shotgun in Support's inventory depending of his gameplay style and a role in the team. For example, KSG is a very good trash-cleaner, but if you are supposed to kill medium-size zeds often, then CSg could be preferable.

Last edited:
Upvote 0