• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mutator to add main menu entries?

Lick-A-Boom

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 23, 2018
Installed KF SDK in turn to play with different parts of the game and eventually, study how mutators work in general, after I have not done this for years.

Throw me a bone, though, how about if I wanna add new entries to the main menu, to show a line of text indicating the version of a mod I am thinking about doing myself, just adding new things to the hud and all, is this done via mutators? But then how does one make the game load the changes for the Main Menu, if I have to change it up a bit so it has an additional line of text to the bottom?

Mutators weren't big on me before so I have not done much prior to learning gameplay basic enhancements.

Welp, can't manage to compile the KFGui mutator that comes unpacked with the SDK, with the changes I have made due to errors being something like "can't find 2KSounds" or something, when I attempt to use UCC.

Is that even possible, cause I found out how to do the thing but can't compile the changes back. Bleeh, I hate Unreal for a goddamn reason. :d

Upvote 0