• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Release [Mutator] Static Camera Mod

Insert Name Here

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 3, 2015
v4 is available, with some attempted bug fixes.

This mod gives players the ability to disable immersion features that negatively impact certain people with motion sickness or other conditions, all configurable by each client. What you can disable:

• Screen shakes
  • FOV changes when sprinting
  • The ears-ringing sound
  • Camera animations
  • The Zed Time desaturation effect (can reduce or disable)

Video 1
Video 2 (Zed Time effect)

Installation:

1. Place the .u file in KFGame/BrewedPC
  2. (For clients) Place the .ini file in KFGame/Config
  3. Add the following to your command-line:
    Code:
    ?Mutator=StaticCameraMod.StaticCameraMut

Configuration:

The .ini file can be configured by each client. The options should be self-explanatory.

Steam Workshop page (INI here)

Downloads: Mutator - Source

Old versions:
Spoiler!

Last edited:
Interesting. I'm curious, since you seem to be looking at the camera sources. Do you think it would be possible to create a centered over-the-head third person view? Kinda like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTyJLNx797U

I generally play in 3rd person with the ServerExt mod, however not a fan of the over the shoulder.

Anywho, I'm sure this will be useful for some people. ;)

Upvote 0
Interesting. I'm curious, since you seem to be looking at the camera sources. Do you think it would be possible to create a centered over-the-head third person view? Kinda like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTyJLNx797U

I generally play in 3rd person with the ServerExt mod, however not a fan of the over the shoulder.

Anywho, I'm sure this will be useful for some people. ;)

After looking at the sources, I've concluded that it would be a challenge, but still (maybe) possible. No promises, though.

Upvote 0
I'm new about all the mods stuff, but I recommend you to always mention if your mod blocks the perk progression or not, I'll check myself but it's always good to know before you download and setup things.

upd: Well, it seems like it's actually blocking progress. Too bad. :/

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Looks interesting. I was wondering if you would consider adding an option to disable Boss cinematic intro if possible. The game mode my server uses has multiple Bosses and with the intro some players are killed during that cinematic time frame being unable to defend them selves and forced to watch the movie.

Not sure if that's possible. I haven't even looked to see where and what assets are involved. Anyone know offhand?
rolleyes.gif

Upvote 0
V2 is good worked but V3 is not working

My serveract:
WorkshopTool.WorkshopTool
ServerExtMut.ServerExtMut
HL2Monsters.HL2Mut
SlotMachinesMut.SlotsMut
StaticCameraMod.StaticCameraMut
BRTSServerAds.BRTSServerAds

Thanks for reporting this. I'll be able to look into it over the weekend. Just a couple of questions:
  • Is the mod not working in general, or is it just a couple of features? Are you getting the notification in the chat box when you join the server?
  • I was able to find most of the mods in the list, except for "WorkshopTool.WorkshopTool". Was this already in your server actors when you got the server, and if not where did you get it?

Upvote 0
[Utility] Webadmin Workshop tool
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=116915

V2 and V3 was same serveract, blue notification is invisible but sometimes appear
I see once and also not worked all features.. only my sever problem?

My StaticCameraMod settings:
[StaticCameraMod.StaticCameraHelper]
bDisableCamShakes=True
bDisableSprintFOVChange=False
bDisableEarsRinging=True
bDisableCameraAnims=False
ZedTimeEffectReduction=0.5

Last edited:
Upvote 0
After testing, I got the mod to not work (no notification or anything) a couple of times. I think I figured out what might be causing this, and have released an update (both here and on the Workshop).

Edit: It seems the update didn't fix it. Some suggestions (sorry if you've already tried these):

• Can you double-check your config? Maybe you can re-download the INI and try again.
  • Have you tried reverting to v2? I have the old links in the OP under "Old versions". You'll probably have to remove the Steam Workshop download line from your configs.

Again, sorry if you have already done these. I'm not sure what may be wrong at this point. :(

Last edited:
Upvote 0
oh I found cause..
V2 is no need client side config file
V3,4 is must need client side config file

I put the "KFStaticCameraMod.ini" in "Documents\My Games\KillingFloor2\KFGame\Config" manually
and now it working but I want apply to all server players same
Can you make a server side mod or auto config generate is not possible? Thanks

Last edited:
Upvote 0
oh I found cause..
V2 is no need client side config file
V3,4 is must need client side config file

I put the "KFStaticCameraMod.ini" in "Documents\My Games\KillingFloor2\KFGame\Config" manually
and now it working but I want apply to all server players same
Can you make a server side mod or auto config generate is not possible? Thanks

Oh wow, that was unexpected. I'll have to investigate. I'm surprised that the server could affect clients in that manner (as I didn't change the relevant config code from v2 to v3).

In any case, I'll look into making another branch of the mod with server-side config. This will probably only be uploaded here and not on Steam Workshop, considering that the original intent was for each client to have his own settings.

Upvote 0