• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Mutator] Specimen HP Config

scary ghost

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 13, 2010
California
This mutator lets you scale the hp of the specimens to how ever many players you desire, from 1 to 6. It works for all specimens derived from the KFMonster base class. It is compatible with the FakePlayers mutator.

How it works:
You set the minNumPlayers variable to any number you want, 1-100. The mutator will then decide which number is greater, the number you chose or the number of living players. It will then scale the hp according to the larger number. The mutator will also scale specimen damage accordingly (specimens do 25% less damage in solo play).

Example 1:
A solo game, mutator set to 6. All specimens will have 6 man worth of hp and instead will deal normal damage, not the reduced 25% amount.

Example 2:
4 player game, mutater set to 2. All specimens will have 4 man worth of hp. However, if people start dying, the specimens will have at least 2 man worth of hp and deal normal damage.

Download:
https://github.com/scaryghost/SpecimenHPConfig/releases/download/1.2.1/SpecimenHPConfig_v1.2.1.zip

Source Code:
https://github.com/scaryghost/SpecimenHPConfig

Last edited:
Am I correct in thinking that for example:

30 player server, mutator set to 10, all specimens will have at least 10 players worth of hp and deal 20% more damage.

or would it also do an additional 5% damage past 10 players?

30 player Server, mutator set to 10, all specimens will have at least 10 players worth of hp and deal between 20%-120% more damage.

Upvote 0
Am I correct in thinking that for example:

30 player server, mutator set to 10, all specimens will have at least 10 players worth of hp and deal 20% more damage.

or would it also do an additional 5% damage past 10 players?

30 player Server, mutator set to 10, all specimens will have at least 10 players worth of hp and deal between 20%-120% more damage.

They will do 20% more damage, and have between 10 and 30 players worth of hp, depending on how many are alive over the course of the wave.

Upvote 0
I've been looking for a way to simulate a real 6 player game on solo for a long time now for testing purposes.

Sadly, you can't use Perks unless the mutator gets whitelisted? :/
I wonder why they do that... they could just disable perk progress, why prevent people from using them completely?

I hope this gets whitelisted, not much you can test as a level -1 nothing with a 9mm...

Upvote 0
I've been looking for a way to simulate a real 6 player game on solo for a long time now for testing purposes.

Sadly, you can't use Perks unless the mutator gets whitelisted? :/
I wonder why they do that... they could just disable perk progress, why prevent people from using them completely?

I hope this gets whitelisted, not much you can test as a level -1 nothing with a 9mm...

You can use Marco's ServerPerks mutator to replicate perks.

Upvote 0
Good mutator but I believed that there is method that allows to avoid setting changes before postbeginplay. But the dividing by diff and player num modifers is a working decision ofc.

Thank you for shedding some light on what this alternative way could possibly be :rolleyes:.

Is this white?..
Just saw Flux`s Post.

Will this be whitelisted?
I hope so!

Nope, not whitelisted and I really have no intention to put it on the whitelist.

Upvote 0