• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Mutator] Specimen HP Config

Hey i added your specimen hp config mutator to my server but it crashed when i added among the mutators and when i simply added to the system folder i didnt notice to take effect so im not sure how it works... i use also scrn balance mutator on my server so i would like to ask for your help to solve this issue.
Thanks for your time,
Sany

Upvote 0
This is something unrelated to the problems reported above. When there's only one player, damage dealt by sirens and fleshpounds is reduced the same way as melee damage:
Code:
//KFMonster

simulated function PostBeginPlay()
{
    //...

MeleeDamage = Max((DifficultyDamageModifer() * MeleeDamage),1);

SpinDamConst = Max((DifficultyDamageModifer() * SpinDamConst),1);
        SpinDamRand = Max((DifficultyDamageModifer() * SpinDamRand),1);

ScreamDamage = Max((DifficultyDamageModifer() * ScreamDamage),1);
So it should be:
Code:
//SpecimenHPConfigMut 

if(Level.Game.NumPlayers == 1 && minNumPlayers > 1) {
    monster.MeleeDamage/= 0.75;
   [COLOR=Orange] monster.SpinDamConst /= 0.75;
    monster.SpinDamRand /= 0.75;
    monster.ScreamDamage /= 0.75;[/COLOR]
}

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey i added your specimen hp config mutator to my server but it crashed when i added among the mutators and when i simply added to the system folder i didnt notice to take effect so im not sure how it works... i use also scrn balance mutator on my server so i would like to ask for your help to solve this issue.
Thanks for your time,
Sany

Unless you post a log file, there's nothing I can do. Plus, Scrn Balance is orders of magnitude more complex than this mutator. It would be more efficient to ask Poosh if there are any incompatibilities between his mut and mine than for me to understand how Scrn Balance works.

This is something unrelated to the problems reported above. When there's only one player, damage dealt by sirens and fleshpounds is reduced the same way as melee damage:
Code:
//KFMonster

simulated function PostBeginPlay()
{
    //...

MeleeDamage = Max((DifficultyDamageModifer() * MeleeDamage),1);

SpinDamConst = Max((DifficultyDamageModifer() * SpinDamConst),1);
        SpinDamRand = Max((DifficultyDamageModifer() * SpinDamRand),1);

ScreamDamage = Max((DifficultyDamageModifer() * ScreamDamage),1);
So it should be:
Code:
//SpecimenHPConfigMut 

if(Level.Game.NumPlayers == 1 && minNumPlayers > 1) {
    monster.MeleeDamage/= 0.75;
   [COLOR=Orange] monster.SpinDamConst /= 0.75;
    monster.SpinDamRand /= 0.75;
    monster.ScreamDamage /= 0.75;[/COLOR]
}

For fleshpounds, the spin damage variable is not used; no animation calls the SpinDamage function. I guess I assumed only MeleeDamage was used for all specimens so I didn't bother checking the scream damage variable.

Upvote 0
Version 1.2.1 Whitelisted

Version 1.2.1 Whitelisted

Version 1.2.1 is whitelisted. Unlike the older versions, this one caps the player limit at 6. If you want to raise the cap, you can create a separate mut to override it:

Code:
class HigherHpLimit extends SpecimenHPConfigMut;

defaultproperties {
    FriendlyName= "Higher HP Limit"
    Description= "Increases the max player limit to 100 for scaling monster hp"

maxAllowedPlayers= 100
}

Download
[url]https://github.com/scaryghost/SpecimenHPConfig/releases/download/1.2.1/SpecimenHPConfig_v1.2.1.zip[/URL]

Upvote 0