[Mutator] Specimen HP Config

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

scary ghost

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 13, 2010
California
This mutator lets you scale the hp of the specimens to how ever many players you desire, from 1 to 6. It works for all specimens derived from the KFMonster base class. It is compatible with the FakePlayers mutator.

How it works:
You set the minNumPlayers variable to any number you want, 1-100. The mutator will then decide which number is greater, the number you chose or the number of living players. It will then scale the hp according to the larger number. The mutator will also scale specimen damage accordingly (specimens do 25% less damage in solo play).

Example 1:
A solo game, mutator set to 6. All specimens will have 6 man worth of hp and instead will deal normal damage, not the reduced 25% amount.

Example 2:
4 player game, mutater set to 2. All specimens will have 4 man worth of hp. However, if people start dying, the specimens will have at least 2 man worth of hp and deal normal damage.

Download:
https://github.com/scaryghost/SpecimenHPConfig/releases/download/1.2.1/SpecimenHPConfig_v1.2.1.zip

Source Code:
https://github.com/scaryghost/SpecimenHPConfig

Last edited:

ro_sauce

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 26, 2007
bwhgaming.com
is there a way so that it will check to see how many ppl are playing, then adjust the hp?
(population varies greatly on our 46ppl server)

scary ghost

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 13, 2010
California
is there a way so that it will check to see how many ppl are playing, then adjust the hp?
(population varies greatly on our 46ppl server)

The stock game already does that. All this mutator does is force the specimens to always have a minimum of X players worth of hp.

Psynature

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 15, 2011
Am I correct in thinking that for example:

30 player server, mutator set to 10, all specimens will have at least 10 players worth of hp and deal 20% more damage.

or would it also do an additional 5% damage past 10 players?

30 player Server, mutator set to 10, all specimens will have at least 10 players worth of hp and deal between 20%-120% more damage.

scary ghost

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 13, 2010
California
Am I correct in thinking that for example:

30 player server, mutator set to 10, all specimens will have at least 10 players worth of hp and deal 20% more damage.

or would it also do an additional 5% damage past 10 players?

30 player Server, mutator set to 10, all specimens will have at least 10 players worth of hp and deal between 20%-120% more damage.

They will do 20% more damage, and have between 10 and 30 players worth of hp, depending on how many are alive over the course of the wave.

Don

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 14, 2010
I've been looking for a way to simulate a real 6 player game on solo for a long time now for testing purposes.

Sadly, you can't use Perks unless the mutator gets whitelisted? :/
I wonder why they do that... they could just disable perk progress, why prevent people from using them completely?

I hope this gets whitelisted, not much you can test as a level -1 nothing with a 9mm...

Hemi

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 30, 2010
Because people mostly use these for their modded servers when its not whitelisted>aka..not useless. I love this mod, it gives me direct control for when players think things are too easy on our servers. :)

scary ghost

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 13, 2010
California
I've been looking for a way to simulate a real 6 player game on solo for a long time now for testing purposes.

Sadly, you can't use Perks unless the mutator gets whitelisted? :/
I wonder why they do that... they could just disable perk progress, why prevent people from using them completely?

I hope this gets whitelisted, not much you can test as a level -1 nothing with a 9mm...

You can use Marco's ServerPerks mutator to replicate perks.

sah

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 21, 2007
Was there an official Tripwire response regarding the whitelisting of this mutator? I don't see a way you could cheat with it (other than using the already established exploits I guess).

FluX

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 26, 2010
www.fluxiservice.com
Was there an official Tripwire response regarding the whitelisting of this mutator? I don't see a way you could cheat with it (other than using the already established exploits I guess).
Could easily cheat the achievements if this was whitelisted.

n87

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 14, 2011
Is this white?..
Just saw Flux`s Post.

Will this be whitelisted?
I hope so!

Dr_Killjoy

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 30, 2012
Good mutator but I believed that there is method that allows to avoid setting changes before postbeginplay. But the dividing by diff and player num modifers is a working decision ofc.

scary ghost

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 13, 2010
California
Good mutator but I believed that there is method that allows to avoid setting changes before postbeginplay. But the dividing by diff and player num modifers is a working decision ofc.

Thank you for shedding some light on what this alternative way could possibly be :rolleyes:.

Is this white?..
Just saw Flux`s Post.

Will this be whitelisted?
I hope so!

Nope, not whitelisted and I really have no intention to put it on the whitelist.

Dr_Killjoy

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 30, 2012
Thank you for shedding some light on what this alternative way could possibly be :rolleyes:.
I think variables change can be launched after 0.05 seconds after checkreplacement call, this looks like - add monster to array in checkreplacement and work with this array after 0.05 seconds. But I'm not sure about this method.