• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Release [Mutator] ShutUp

-=THOR=-

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 20, 2011
Description: Allows to selectively enable/disable parts of the automatic chatter.

Current version: 1.2.0

White-listed: Yes

Installation: Put the mutator in your CookedPCServer folder, and redirect. Put the config file under your Config folder. In the URL of your maps, add ShutUp.ShutUp in the mutators list.

Configuration: In the configuration file, you will find a list of entries that look like those:
Code:
VoiceComConfig=(Name="VOICECOM_Grenade",Index=39,Enabled=true)
VoiceComConfig=(Name="VOICECOM_ThrowingGrenade",Index=40,Enabled=false)

In the example above, the chatter for VOICECOM_Grenade is enabled (Enabled=true), while the chatter for "VOICECOM_ThrowingGrenade" is disabled (Enabled=false). Change the value of the Enabled variable to true or false for the chatter you want to enable/disable.

Changing the value of Name or Index, or adding custom entries will result in unexpected behavior. If an entry is removed from the list, the corresponding chatter will be enabled by default.

Updates
Spoiler!

Todo:
  • Remove the chatter events that are not handled by the mutator.
  • (Option) Implement a button that could be held/toggled to mute the chatter.

Thanks to:
|DD|Spaehling (testing)

Attachments

• ShutUp_1.2.0.zip
    6.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Holy S***! Nice job!

Does this work with bot tankcrew?
Well, there are a few indexes about Tanks (VOICECOM_TankDriverDead, VOICECOM_TankGunnerDead, VOICECOM_TankHitLeft, etc). However I don't know if it would be worth disabling them... up to the admin. They also need to be tested... some comms are issued differently, and cannot be filtered.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Well, there are a few indexes about Tanks (VOICECOM_TankDriverDead, VOICECOM_TankGunnerDead, VOICECOM_TankHitLeft, etc). However I don't know if it would be worth disabling them... up to the admin.

Its the constant useless and pointless chatter i would like to stop, not the valid event chatter. But i love it anyway,the sooner it gets whitelisted the better,Thanks Thor.

ps: can you give us an example of how to disable a line,just so that its clear to everybody where we (I) should comment out that line.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
can you give us an example of how to disable a line,just so that its clear to everybody where we (I) should comment out that line.

Talking about tank events, consider the following, which are probably those you don't like. In this list, the battle chatter will be removed:
Code:
;VOICECOM_TankIdleSituation
RemovedVoiceComIndexes=157
;VOICECOM_TankIdleSituation_LowMorale
RemovedVoiceComIndexes=158
;VOICECOM_TankIdleCommanderSituation
RemovedVoiceComIndexes=159
;VOICECOM_TankIdleCommanderSituation_LowMorale
RemovedVoiceComIndexes=160
;VOICECOM_TankIdleCommanderSituation_HighMorale
RemovedVoiceComIndexes=161
;VOICECOM_TankIdleVehicleGood
RemovedVoiceComIndexes=162
;VOICECOM_TankIdleVehicleBad
RemovedVoiceComIndexes=163
;VOICECOM_TankIdleVehicleHorrible
RemovedVoiceComIndexes=164

If you want to allow them, add a ; in front of the lines with the number:
Code:
;RemovedVoiceComIndexes=157
;RemovedVoiceComIndexes=158
;RemovedVoiceComIndexes=159
;RemovedVoiceComIndexes=160
;RemovedVoiceComIndexes=161
;RemovedVoiceComIndexes=162
;RemovedVoiceComIndexes=163
;RemovedVoiceComIndexes=164

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Talking about tank events, consider the following, which are probably those you don't like. In this list, the battle chatter will be removed:
Code:
If you want to allow them, add a ; in front of the lines with the number:
Code:
;RemovedVoiceComIndexes=157
;RemovedVoiceComIndexes=158
;RemovedVoiceComIndexes=159
;RemovedVoiceComIndexes=160
;RemovedVoiceComIndexes=161
;RemovedVoiceComIndexes=162
;RemovedVoiceComIndexes=163
;RemovedVoiceComIndexes=164

Ok thanks, i added the config file to a test server without any changes, and the tank bots have already shutup,apart from confirming directional commands,and 'loaded'. So its looking good so far.
Are these lines already in the original config,or do they need to be added? sorry i'm too lazy to check myself,but i figured you'd already know.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Are these lines already in the original config,or do they need to be added? sorry i'm too lazy to check myself,but i figured you'd already know.

Yes they are. The original config file disables all of them. You can decide to start from that, and enable the ones you don't like, or just use the 'allow all' in the OP, and from there, disable those you don't like. You can also clear the config file, and add only those you want to disable.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes they are. The original config file disables all of them. You can decide to start from that, and enable the ones you don't like, or just use the 'allow all' in the OP, and from there, disable those you don't like. You can also clear the config file, and add only those you want to disable.

So could i just take the lines above relating to the tanks and make a config out of that,leaving the infantry to blather away?

Upvote 0
Yep, you could have just that in your config file:
Code:
[ShutUp.ShutUp]

The "[ShutUp.ShutUp]" at the top of the file must NOT be removed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yep, you could have just that in your config file:
Code:
[ShutUp.ShutUp]
The "[ShutUp.ShutUp]" at the top of the file must NOT be removed.

Perfect,as a tanker that's all i want, the infantry can chat away if they want now,thanks Thor.(for the piece and quiet)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If possible, the following situations should still trigger automatic chatter:
-anything that is said during/right after firing your weapon
-anything that is said or cried out when you get shot or shot at (including incoming grenades & artillery)
-anything that is said or cried out when you're in pain after you've been shot and have patched up

...and any other similar situation that the player is obviously and actively engaging with or engaged by the enemy.

Perhaps have different presets available for server admins running this mutator...
1. Everything is on, like the normal default way the game is now
2. Some auto chatter is disabled
3. Most auto chatter is disabled
4. All auto chatter is disabled
...I'm not stating any specifics, I'm just suggesting possible levels to start with.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Todo:
*When no enemy is around, allow the events to occur.

Thanks to:
|DD|Spaehling (testing)

Personally, I would advise against this. If implemented, and you hear your guy talking you know it is "safe" (your never really safe, but you know no one is close), giving a SLIGHT advantage. And not so much advantage VS another player, but rather advantage in general.:IS2:

On the other hand, if it is implemented, then all things would be considered equal being that almost everyone would have this mutator because of its awesome status.

Upvote 0
Thor, a technical question: does this mutator has any influence on client and/or serverside performance, like a memory drop or something ? Is that being tested already or is there no need for a performance test ?

Any additional code executed has an impact. The question is how large will the impact be. I'm not worried about that mutator. Its code is extremely simple. I wouldn't bother with performance test.

Upvote 0