• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Release [Mutator] ServerEx (white-listed)

Hmm.. There actually should be a Switching sites message in the center of the screen. Also does an audio cue play saying Switching sites.

Yes, there is an audio that plays. I have not seen any message, however. It seems to confuse people when there's a lobby. We'll have Ready-Up required turned off, and they'll harass people to ready-up.

We then shut ready-up lobby off. This prompts the blank freecam that sits there for 10-15 seconds before placing players in-game.

Upvote 0
Hmm.. There actually should be a Switching sites message in the center of the screen. Also does an audio cue play saying Switching sites.

There is the audio cue, but there is no onscreen message. It tends to get stuck at a frozen freecam window with no text on screen. If we look at the WebAdmin page, its stuck as well. You can force a new map sometimes, but more often than not you have you to perform a full restart of the server.

Upvote 0
This mutator is currently being reworked and I already did put in a message that will appear after the player did select his new class. The message will tell him that he needs to wait 'till the other players have switched too. Next to that I will add a timer timer that ensures the next round will start after X seconds, regardless if all players did go through the complete team-swap sequence.

Upvote 0
Yes it would be very handy if this could be set to run automatically. Life for the map Derlwanberg it would be great if it did an auto team swap at the end of the first of two rounds.

All the other maps on the aussie / nz server just run for one map so its just for that short map I reckon it would be really handy.

Also within the webadmin, is there supposed to be an interface to change the settign for this mutator. I see it in the list of mutators, but there are no settings so I change through the ini file.

Perhaps my set up is a bit wonky.

:)

Yeah, I've had this issue as well. When I try to initiate the mutator edit tool, nothing much happens. So I just went into the .ini to adjust map rotation intervals. How can we succesfully set up edit access?

Upvote 0

Yeah, I've had this issue as well. When I try to initiate the mutator edit tool, nothing much happens. So I just went into the .ini to adjust map rotation intervals. How can we succesfully set up edit access?

That does happen if you did run a mutator with mutator-settings page on a server. Next unloaded it and ran a RO2 update. If you then try to load the mutator again, then the settings-page seems to be gone.

You can solve this with these simple steps:
  1. Open the ROWebAdmin.ini file on your server
  2. Look for this section: [WebAdmin.QHDefaults]
  3. In that section look for: HasSettingsCache=(ClassName="ServerEx.ServerEx",hasSettings=False)
  4. Change the hasSettings=False into hasSettings=True
  5. Save the ROWebAdmin.ini file
  6. Restart your server

Upvote 0

In the left column in admin there is a button entitled "mutators."

Within that, there is another button entitled "edit." My presumption is
that button should allow the admin to review and change the mutator
settings, but clicking on the edit button has no apparent effect. I sort of
expected a drop down menu to appear, nothing happens.

Upvote 0