• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Release [Mutator] ServerEx (white-listed)

Ducky

Super Moderator
May 22, 2011
Netherlands
ServerEx (white-listed)

Revision 109 - Released September 24, 2013

Introduction

This mutator that adds extra admin functionality to a server like:

• Ability for a server or mutator admin to swap both teams at once
  • Ability for a server or mutator admin to swap a single player to the other side
  • Ability to automatically change to the next map in the map cycle in case the server is empty.
    Unlike the AllowBotsToStartMap feature of the BotDetonator mutator does this feature of this ServerEx mutator not put any bots on the server. It will simply change to the next map.
  • New are (introduced in revision 108)
    • Feature to prevent that the last (configurable) number of voted maps can be re-voted for non-campaign modes. (a look alike of the MapRepeatLimit option from RO1). This feature was requested by Cat_in_da_Hat.
    • Introduced a time-limit in which players must ready up after connecting to a server. If they don't, then they will be kicked for idling. This setting gives admins a way to automatically kick AFK players from the team selection/welcome screen after a map change (the default pee break). This feature is requested by [40-1]MORD.
    • Added option to easily configure the number of bots on a server. Yes I know that this can be done with MinPlayers in the map URL, but with this setting you can put it in for good in the web-admin and a map change will not override this setting. Thus it's a assurance that each map will always start with the same number of annoying bots.
  • New are (introduced in revision 99)
    • Auto Team Swap at Round End
      This is the auto team-swap at mid-match round end feature from the ladder mutator.
    • Auto Start Demo Recording
      Also a feature that comes from the ladder mutator. This feature will automatically start the demo-recorder at match start (and stops it at match end).
    • Disable Heavy Machine Guns
      This option allows a server admin to disable all heavy machine guns. If this option is active, then the heavy machine guns will not be present on all maps. (also from the ladder mutator).
    • Ping Limit
      If enabled, then the server admin can define a ping threshold. The player will be kicked if his average ping reaches above the threshold. The mutator uses an average ping, to prevent players being kicked due to ping spikes.
    • Spawn Protection
      If enabled, then a time based spawn protection is used. This allows players to escape from the spawn or to look for cover within their spawn. The spawn protection will drop as soon as the player fires at an enemy or when he leaves his spawn area or when the spawn timer reaches zero. (also from the ladder mutator)
    • Map Rotation
      This feature was already present in the previous white-listed ServerEx release. Only an extra sub-feature has been added (on request by -=THOR=-). This sub-feature is called Skip Next Round If Current Round Takes To Long and it does exactly what the option name suggests. If the first round on a map takes longer than a configurable time limit, then no 2nd round will be played after the 1st round finished. Instead the mutator will load the next map (or triggers the map-voting procedure).
    • Auto server admin sign-in
      If a player joins and his name is in the mutators admin list, then the mutator will automatically sign him in as an admin.
    • Player Tracking
      A feature requested by many server admins. What it does is:
      • Keeping track of kick/(session-)ban records.
      • Allowing the admin to give a player a nick name (for easy recognition).
      • Allowing the admin to attach an admin note to the player. This note will still with the player until it gets deleted.
      • Automatically informing the server admins if a player has been kicked/(session-)banned before from the server.
      • Feature that allows an admin to send a private chat message to one player. All other players won't be able to see that message.

All options and features are explained by means of tool-tips in the web-admin. Some screen-shots of the web-admin pages can be found here.

Important:
If you did run an older version of this mutator, then it might be that you will not see any of the mutator settings. In that case you will need to look-up and open the ROWebAdmin.ini file on your server and delete all the lines that start with HasSettingsCache. Those lines should be present in the [WebAdmin.QHDefaults] section of that ini file. Don't worry about throwing away lines for other mutators. They will be recreated as soon as you restart the server.

Mutator commands (only available for administrators):

• Mutate SEM Help
    Displays this mutator command list.
  • Mutate SEM SwapTeams
    Swaps all players from both teams.
  • Mutate SEM SwapPlayer <player-name>
    Swaps player "player-name" to the other team.

Where to download the mutator (for server admins):

The mutator can be downloaded from this location:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/54368035/Mutators/ServerEx/ServerEx-Rev109.zip

How to install the mutator (for server admins):

1. Download the mutator from above location
  2. Extract all files from the archive
  3. Place the Config\defaultserverex.ini file in the ROGame\Config folder on your server
  4. Place the ServerEx.int file in the ROGame\Localization\INT folder on your server
  5. Place the ServerEx.u file in the ROGame\BrewedPCServer folder on your server
    Note:
    If you have a redirect, then it's advised to also place the ServerEx.u file on your redirect. It will prevent ping spikes when players connect and the server needs to upload the ServerEx.u to the clients. Unlike with map files, the ServerEx.u should NOT be renamed to ServerEx.upk
  6. Restart your server (you need to do this or else the server will not find the mutator)

How to activate the mutator (for server admin):

1. Open your servers web-admin tool
  2. Go to the Change Map page
  3. Select your game type and map
  4. At the Additional URL variables field you add ?mutator=ServerEx.ServerEx
  5. Now load the map

You can also add ?mutator=ServerEx.ServerEx to your command line.

If you have more than one mutator running on your server, then you can load them with:
?mutator=ServerEx.ServerEx,Mutator1.Mutator1
It doesn't matter which mutator is on the first position.

Compatibility note:
ServerEx replaces the next vanilla RO2 class instances:
  • ROAccessControl

Source code:
The source code of this mutator can be downloaded from:
svn://62.163.53.115/ServerEx/trunk/
An SVN client is required to download the sources (for example TortoiseSVN).
The files are password protected. If you want access to the sources, then please PM me and you will receive a reply with sign-in details.

Many thanks to:
For arranging tests on their servers.

Last edited:
Seconds. I will update the OP. Thanks (again) for the hint ;)
Ok thanks....it didn't take me long to find that out anyway,exactly 20 secs.....lol

I keep getting tne mismatch errors,although i've cleared my cache 3 times,when i join the server these 4 files download,and then i get the mismatch errors:

MutatorEx
ColoredChat
IColoredChat
ServerEx

Attachments

• 2012-10-22_231809.jpg
    2012-10-22_231809.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Do you have ColoredChat installed on your server? If yes, then please delete it and install the latest ColoredChat version.

If all versions are correct, then you should see these version numbers and build time stamps in the server log file:
Code:
[0003.28] ServerEx: ServerEx revision [COLOR=Yellow]16:17 (Build: 2012/09/15 19:15:34)[/COLOR] by ~{W|L}~Ducky is active!!!
[0003.28] ServerEx: Using MutatorEx revision [COLOR=Yellow]44:46 (Build: 2012/09/15 15:33:06)[/COLOR] by ~{W|L}~Ducky.
[0003.29] ColoredChat: ColoredChat revision [COLOR=Yellow]40:41 (Build: 2012/09/15 19:15:34)[/COLOR] by ~{W|L}~Ducky is active!!!
[0003.29] ColoredChat: Using MutatorEx revision [COLOR=Yellow]44:46 (Build: 2012/09/15 15:33:06)[/COLOR] by ~{W|L}~Ducky.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Please check the version info that I added to post #4. Also you can try to connect to my test server. I will PM you the IP. I've removed all the mutator .u files from that server and extracted the .u files from the downloadable packages and put them again on the server. I can connect. I can try to connect to your server, but I will need your test servers IP.

Upvote 0
Do you have ColoredChat installed on your server? If yes, then please delete it and install the latest ColoredChat version.

If all versions are correct, then you should see these version numbers and build time stamps in the server log file:
Code:
[0003.28] ServerEx: ServerEx revision [COLOR=Yellow]16:17 (Build: 2012/09/15 19:15:34)[/COLOR] by ~{W|L}~Ducky is active!!!
[0003.28] ServerEx: Using MutatorEx revision [COLOR=Yellow]44:46 (Build: 2012/09/15 15:33:06)[/COLOR] by ~{W|L}~Ducky.
[0003.29] ColoredChat: ColoredChat revision [COLOR=Yellow]40:41 (Build: 2012/09/15 19:15:34)[/COLOR] by ~{W|L}~Ducky is active!!!
[0003.29] ColoredChat: Using MutatorEx revision [COLOR=Yellow]44:46 (Build: 2012/09/15 15:33:06)[/COLOR] by ~{W|L}~Ducky.

------------------------------------------

0031.17] Log: NetMode is now 1
[0031.35] Log: Primary PhysX scene will be in software.
[0031.35] Log: Creating Primary PhysX Scene.
[0031.36] Log: Bringing World TE-FallenFighters.TheWorld up for play (20) at 2012.10.22-23.37.11
[0031.36] ColoredChat: ColoredChat revision 40:41 (Build: 2012/09/15 19:15:34) by ~{W|L}~Ducky is active!!!
[0031.36] ColoredChat: Using MutatorEx revision 44:46 (Build: 2012/09/15 15:33:06) by ~{W|L}~Ducky.
[0031.36] ServerEx: ServerEx revision 16:17 (Build: 2012/09/15 19:15:34) by ~{W|L}~Ducky is active!!!
[0031.36] ServerEx: Using MutatorEx revision 44:46 (Build: 2012/09/15 15:33:06) by ~{W|L}~Ducky.
[0031.69] WebAdmin: Starting Red Orchestra 2 WebAdmin...
[0031.69] WebAdmin: Creating IWebAdminAuth instance from: MultiWebAdminAuth
[0031.69] WebAdmin: Creating ISessionHandler instance from: SessionHandler

------------------------------------------------
Does it matter which mutator loads first on the commandline, i have chat first?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I wondered why my server suddenly became unranked, why is that? why does an updated version cause an older version to become un-whitelisted? that's just crazy, because their is nothing wrong with the older whitelisted version in the first place.

edit:and i also find it very strange that one mutator can be updated and become re-whitelisted immediately when another mutator (shutup) is still waiting to be re-whitelisted since the last game patch,wth is going on there.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I wondered why my server suddenly became unranked, why is that? why does an updated version cause an older version to become un-whitelisted? that's just crazy, because their is nothing wrong with the older whitelisted version in the first place.

I did send you a PM for a few days back about the new release of this mutator and that you will need to use the new one to keep your server ranked.

It always have been the case that a newer mutator version would kick the previous version from the white-list. However that wasn't the case during a few months before the last patch due to a bug in the white-listing feature at TWIs side. It even would keep servers ranked without a mutator being white-listed, and you could have known that.

From an old post of yours:
Congrats Thor,well done, it never unranked my server anyway,even after 3 days.

Afaik, the white-list bug has been fixed and now again only 1 version of a mutator can be present on the white-list.

edit:and i also find it very strange that one mutator can be updated and become re-whitelisted immediately when another mutator (shutup) is still waiting to be re-whitelisted since the last game patch,wth is going on there.

Immediately white-listed??? Well it wasn't, because the one responsible for the white-listing was on a vacation and only recently is back in the office. I had to wait quite some time to get them white-listed.
All together I did submit 5 mutators to get white-listed. 3 did pass and 2 do need some rework. So what is strange?

Upvote 0
:)

When adding the URL variable for the ServerEx mutator in ChangeMap, must this
be done for each map individually, or just the map you begin with?

Yes it would be very handy if this could be set to run automatically. Life for the map Derlwanberg it would be great if it did an auto team swap at the end of the first of two rounds.

All the other maps on the aussie / nz server just run for one map so its just for that short map I reckon it would be really handy.

Also within the webadmin, is there supposed to be an interface to change the settign for this mutator. I see it in the list of mutators, but there are no settings so I change through the ini file.

Perhaps my set up is a bit wonky.

Upvote 0