• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Release [Mutator] ServerEx (white-listed)

Hi mate, Finding that the auto side swap at the end of round is not working. I have only just noticed as in the past all maps on the Aussie / NZ server were single rounds but for some of the new custom map comp maps we are running I am putting them as two rounds and it would be great to have the auto side swap.

Can anyone else report this ?

Have tested this and there is indeed a bug. The feature does work if you use the lobby (will only appear at team-swap time).

I will fix this one together with the filter bug.

Upvote 0
First of all thanks for this Work Ducky. We are running this Mutator and it is more comfortble use with these nice Features like Auto Login and Teamkill message. We have`nt tried the Auto Team Swap-Function but i will look if it is ok or not but at this time we don`t have custom Maps on, so Cat i think i can`t report you something to this.

1.Ducky for me as a German it is a little bit hard to understand what do you mean with this issue in the Text Filter. I can`t follow you in english now. Could you explain it please to me? Have i to turn something off?

The Settings tab of the mutator is an input field with the name Reason filter. This filter allows you to specify which kick/session-ban message should be added to the Player Records list. It was intended that messages starting with any of the strings in that Reason filter would not result in a record. This way you could prevent the record list to fill up with meaningless messages like "Kicked for idling". Unfortunately the filter works inverted. Thus it will now only add records if the beginning of a kick/session-ban message does match any of the lines in the Reason filter.
The work around contains all characters from a to z, and with that allow all kick/session-ban messages to pass the filter.

2.I don`t know for what Debug Log and these things are. Should they be enabled or not?

The debug settings are only needed if you have a problem with the mutator and you want to send me a detailed debug log. If you enable that setting, then the mutator will log more data to the server log file. Normally you would not need to enable it.

The last Question i have is about Auto Demorecord-Function
3.Is it correct that the Auto Demorecord, if set to enabled, writes what`s going on with bans/kicks TK`s and more? Or have i understood it completly wrong?

No, the auto-demo recording does nothing more than starting the build in RO2 demo-recording feature. This feature logs all server events to a xxx.demo file. That file can then be played-back on any RO2 client.

Upvote 0
Yesterday I submitted a newer release of this mutator to TWI for white-listing (revision 108). This is the change log of that version:
  • Fixed kick/session-ban reason filter. Kicks/session-bans with a reason listed in the filter will now not result in a player record creation.
  • Fixed the team-swap feature where it didn't work if the lobby wasn't used.
  • Added feature to prevent that the last (configurable) number of voted maps can be re-voted. (a look alike of the MapRepeatLimit option in RO1). This option has been requested by several admins (Cat_in_da_Hat, ButchCassidy, and others as well).
  • Introduced a time-limit in which players must ready up after connecting to a server. If they don't, then they will be kicked for idling. Most admins have the vanilla idle time setting set to 5 minutes. Due to this slots are often locked for 5 minutes when the server changes maps. That is when most players go for their pee break. This new settings give the admins the option to kick them earlier while in-game idling is still punished after 5 minutes. This feature is requested by [40-1]MORD.
  • Added option to easily configure the number of bots on a server. Yes I know that this can be done with MinPlayers in the map URL, but some admins like to have it as a setting.

Upvote 0
Additional note for installation of this mutator:
If you have a redirect, then it's advised to also place the ServerEx.u file on your redirect. It will prevent ping spikes when players connect and the server needs to upload the ServerEx.u to the clients. Unlike with map files, the ServerEx.u should NOT be renamed to ServerEx.upk

If you don't, then you might experience ping spikes when too many players start to download the mutator file at once (when they connect).

Upvote 0
Would it possible for you to put in the Code from the Ladder Mutator for an On/Off Option
for:
Disable Aerial Recon Plane = On

I saw that Setting in the Ladder Discussion thread. Would like to have it on our War Server.

It's doubtful TWI will white-list the mutator if that option is present. That means each server that runs ServerEx would go unranked. Won't make any happy faces if that happens.

Upvote 0
The Scoreboard is shown but me and my friends have sometimes Problems to understand who was the winning Team and who not. When i understand correct what i heard about this function is: That there is/was a delay between the Server and Scoreboard at the Client Side. When we use Team Swap by Trainings sometimes we are not sure which Team has won the the two Rounds. We are a little bit confused sometimes especially me. Or is there None delay anymore? I`m not fast enough to follow the Situation and doing the maths on the scoreboard. So i decided to reload in a real war after every round the map again cause i`m a bit afraid if there could be Trouble if there are some guys who could have the same Problems like me understanding what happens with the scoreboard after the Team Swap. It`s a little bit too mutch for my brainpower sometimes to follow and understand. We use Team Swap for Training matches.

I think he means that after the first round the Score should be reset to Zero, Teams doing the Swap and the second Round is shown when finished with just for example one Point at the End for the winning Team. I think this could be what he meant.

Upvote 0