• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Release [Mutator] Server Extension mod

falalasea;n2293800 said:
Does anyone get an issue "Downloading package 'serverext' failed, can not open file." when joining their own server after compiling/brewing source?

Are you testing how?
Directly from KF2 or from a server?

Edit: you can also catch the compiled files and put in the folder C:\Users\youraccount\Documents\My Games\KillingFloor2\KFGame\Published\BrewedPC

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm totally new to this stuff. Does anyone know how to do more in-depth modifications to the traits? I'd like to change the maximum carrying capacity to 25 (30 is just way too much) and I'd also like to limit the maximum grenade capacity to 9 since the game can't display anything larger than 1 digit for grenades. Also is there a way to change the way the perk colors work? Some of the colors are really tacky and make them painful to look at like the really dark blues and purples.

EDIT: I downloaded the source code from Marco's OP and figured out how to compile it using >this guide<. The only problem I have now is that I get errors when trying to join my server. What's causing this to happen? The only workaround I've found was copying the modified ServerExt.u file to \Documents\My Games\KillingFloor2\KFGame\Published\BrewedPC so that it runs client-side.

EDIT 2: I've also noticed that a good amount of stats and traits from the base game are missing. Here's some things that could be added in the future.

[ STATS ]
  • Perk Stumble Power stat for all perks
  • Perk Swap Speed stat for all perks
  • Perk Penetration stat for all perks
  • Explosion Resistance stat for Demo
  • Blast Radius stat for Demo
  • Bullet Resistance stat for Gunslinger and SWAT
[ TRAITS ]

Berserker

• ZED TIME - Berserker Rage (heal + zed flee)
Commando
  • Zed Time Extension
Support
  • Door Repair
  • ZED TIME - Penetrator (perk weapons penetrate through any targets they hit)
  • More levels for Supply trait (teammates receive more ammo per level)
  • Add armor to Supply trait
Field Medic
  • Symbiotic Health (heal X% of your max health when you heal others)
  • Adrenaline Shot (darts increase teammate movement speed X% for Y seconds. can stack up to a Z% bonus)
  • Focus Injection (darts increase teammate damage output X% for Y seconds. can stack up to a Z% bonus)
  • Coagulant Booster (darts increase teammate damage resistance X% for Y seconds. can stack up to a Z% bonus)
Firebug
  • Barbecue (perk weapons' burn effect lasts X% longer, increasing damage over time)
  • Heat Wave (zed struck at point blank range with fire will stumble back)
  • Ground Fire (ground fires do massively increased damage and reduce zed movement speed)
Demolitionist
  • Reactive Armor (a hit that should kill you makes you explode with X HP left)
  • ZED TIME - Destroyer of Worlds (nuke)
  • Sonic Resistant Rounds
  • More levels for Grenade Supply trait (teammates receive more grenades per level)
Gunslinger
  • Steady (ignore movement speed penalty for iron sights and drastically reduce weapon bob with perk weapons)
  • Skullcracker (headshots with perk weapons slow zeds X%)
Sharpshooter
  • Stability (increase movement speed X% while crouched)
  • Ballistic Shock (increase stun power of perk weapons X%)
  • Assassin (any head shots with perk weapons have a X% chance to trigger zed time)
SWAT
  • Cripple (multiple hits with perk weapons will slow zeds down up to X%)
  • Heavy Armor trait should prevent you from being grabbed while you have armor
Other
  • A trait for all perks that allows real-time shooting and reloading during ZED Time
  • A trait for all perks that allows unlimited ammo during ZED Time
  • Change Retaliation so that it leaves a large nuke when you die rather than a bunch of grenade explosions for performance reasons and because nukes are cooler anyways. :cool:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This may need an update ASAP. I'm bugsplatting upon leveling up in my server. I've tried with berserker but on the last kill to level up, I get instantly booted from the entire game.

Edit: So the only way to fix that problem was to put my starting level to my max prestige level cap but now I'm bugsplatting before the boss even spawns. please fix Marco whenever the time is possible.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have gone over Marco's code and the changes made for version 1054. Here is a working copy for those that wish to continue running this mod. I highly suggest disabling hans friendly pet due to Boss camera and player controller conflicts. I have found this to otherwise be stable and without crashes.

Marco is sorely missed and I hope he does revisit and support this game in the future.

Code for pets should be as follows in the config for ServerExt.ini-
Spoiler!

*NOTE-Mod your files at your own risk. There have been many versions floating around. Please backup your files. Or your own content merge content to this at your own risk. I take no responsibility for failure or lost data due to unsafe file practice.

download.jpg

Reactions: duk6046
Upvote 0
This worked for me before. even on v1054. marco's last revision of this worked, and now has not worked since yesterday. I have reinstalled, restarted my pc, verified integrity of files but this is somehow no longer working on solo. NO MATTER WHAT I DO, it bugsplats while attempting to load now. Any help?

EDIT: Deleting the entire folder and re-installing one final time to see if it fixes that, if not than I am completely out of luck.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi Oldschool,just a quick question,hopefully you can find the time to answer as i know you are busy,i updated your version,added to my fast d/l,i can join and play(good job) but when my friends try to join they either get server ext version mismatch or it sits on load screen with 0% downloading,it has been added to my redirect,any asisstance would be much appreciated.cheers

Upvote 0