• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Release [Mutator] Server Extension mod

Marco, is there a feature available already in the mod that allows an admin to give a player back all of his/her points they already allocated back to the player? Akin to a perk point re-allocate function? Is this the "unload stats" feature available in the admin interface?

*Edit: I think I've made a change that allows for this, I'd like to run it by you first as you understand the code more than I. I'll post it in here in the next day or so

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Is this the "unload stats" feature available in the admin interface?

?yes, just login as Admin ingame, [ESC] -> Admin, right click on name.
-reset stats for statpoints & trait for the right spreadsheet

---
are you a server admin? did you ever try this out:confused: or are you just curious?

the [KFGame.KFGameEngine] already exist in PCServer-KFGame.ini (somewhere down, line 393) and belong there.

Upvote 0
?yes, just login as Admin ingame, [ESC] -> Admin, right click on name.
-reset stats for statpoints & trait for the right spreadsheet

---
are you a server admin? did you ever try this out:confused: or are you just curious?

the [KFGame.KFGameEngine] already exist in PCServer-KFGame.ini (somewhere down, line 393) and belong there.

Oh no, I'm not an admin but a player on a server who has this mod installed! :D

Upvote 0
ReadMe is better than most I see for mutators and whatnot. I'm really confused as to the first part though. Move KF2GUI.u to the BrewedPC folder? I don't see ANY file in the .zip named that. Everything else is there though.

I seem to be having an issue joining on the same machine the server is running off of as well. Other people can join it, but I get the skipping authentication because I'm joining from a local session?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
ReadMe is better than most I see for mutators and whatnot. I'm really confused as to the first part though. Move KF2GUI.u to the BrewedPC folder? I don't see ANY file in the .zip named that. Everything else is there though.

Had the same thing with KF2GUI.u, it's not included, I think it is for future updates. Mod works fine without it.

Upvote 0
When will a new version be released and what features will it hold?
I guess I'll wait for new KF version with new perks before I make a new version.

So, I've been thinking.
Would you like a flash interface?
No, tbh I hate the flash interface because from a programmers perspective it is annoyingly difficult to make small tweaks to it. Once KF comes with bugfixes to not being able to use custom assets online, I will add some better menu textures to it.

still need to know why can you only add certain amount of maps to the map vote list?

Got 100+ maps and they dont show there.
Well all I can say I didn't program any hardcoded limit to my mod. So next question is, are you adding the maps with webadmin or manually through editing ini file?
If webadmin, then the limit could very well be there and in that case you just have to edit the ini file to add them.

Upvote 0
Well all I can say I didn't program any hardcoded limit to my mod. So next question is, are you adding the maps with webadmin or manually through editing ini file?
If webadmin, then the limit could very well be there and in that case you just have to edit the ini file to add them.

We've tried adding them both through the .ini and the WebAdmin Page. It seems to just not allow more than about 40 in 1 specific maplist.

Any chance on a current source version with the added Duracell and off perk damage? Mine never wants to load the Duracell trait just shows warning server side saying can't load class. Everything looks to be setup correctly in ServerExtMut.ini.

Interested in testing beta code as well. I know enough UnrealScript to modify code and fix bugs but that's about my limit for now

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Know of anyway to get a difficulty setting to work in mapvote? It appears that when a map changes, the game itself automatically prefixes the launch with ?difficulty=x (x being set in KFGame.ini). Lets say I add HOE difficulty to mapvote and my KFGame is set to 2, what ends up happening when a map changes is: "?difficulty=2?difficulty=3". Subsequently, the second difficulty parameter is ignored.

Upvote 0
Game Options

Game Options

Know of anyway to get a difficulty setting to work in mapvote? It appears that when a map changes, the game itself automatically prefixes the launch with ?difficulty=x (x being set in KFGame.ini). Lets say I add HOE difficulty to mapvote and my KFGame is set to 2, what ends up happening when a map changes is: "?difficulty=2?difficulty=3". Subsequently, the second difficulty parameter is ignored.

Don't change it in the Mutator section. Do it like this
Spoiler!

The KFGame.ini is what the server broadcasts the difficulty as in the Server Browser. Add GameDifficulty=6 there and it will say "ANY" in Server Browser letting players know that it's adjustable within the game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks. I wasn't doing it in the mutator section. I didn't know the game broadcasts what ever is in the ini, not what the actual game is running at. When i checked in game it always said suicidal regardless of using HOE difficulty when map voting. Then both difficulties showed up in the change map in web admin.

Edit: It appears that since I used the difficulty=2 in my launch, it was overriding the setting in the vote..

Last edited:
Upvote 0