• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Release [Mutator] Server Extension mod

Other than text not scaling too well it's been working wonders. How the kill msg and scoreboard looks for me and my friend:

2560x1440
Spoiler!

1440x900
Spoiler!

Upvote 0
Nice job Marco! but i noticed a "bug" when i updated the maps (new map updates) it remembers the map names right? so u need to remove the ini else it wants to change to the old map name.

And when i changed to other map, (yesterday evening) it was saying 1/6 players and should be 32.

That's not a bug. If a map changes name, it is a new map entirely. Why would it know what map is what?

Upvote 0
Sorry, wanted to be quick with posting that. Let me try to ask/explain.

So i got a map named KF-EpsilonCourtyard1-7.kfm and we already played that map some times. When i see there is an KF-EpsilonCourtyard1-8 i decide to stop the server, remove the old one and place the new one in the folder and rename it to the new name.

After that i need to modify the KFGame.ini so the server knows the new map and change it @ webserver for redirect.

But now with this mutator, i need to remove/modify it in your ini to, if i dont do it the old map name will be still there with the voting?

Upvote 0
This mod will probably someday evolve into a KF2 ServerPerks version.

The new scoreboard supports more than 6 players, although the looks of it isn't exactly the same as standard KF scoreboard, mainly because it is written in UnrealScript rather then a Flash GUI.
KF2NewScores.jpg

Version 0.25 includes Kill Messages, a mod I made in previous KF game:
KF2NewKillMsg.jpg

Version 0.3 includes mapvote:
KF2MapVote.jpg

So, as said, depending on screen resolution it draws 16-40 players, then it adds a scrollbar where which you can use your mouse to scroll up or down with.
It does not show scanlines like KF2 scoreboard texture, mainly because trying to align the scanlines is a ***** to do in UnrealScript. Also it is yet missing dosh icon.

Download from here

Be sure to read the included readme to know how to use this mod.

BEWARE - Using this mod will disable perk progression on your server!

Mapvote remarks:
- To see list of commands to use, say !Help
- To show mapvote in mid-game, say !MapVote
- As admin, to add or remove maps in maplist, say !AddMap <mapname> or !RemoveMap <mapname>
- Contains webadmin interface to edit game vote settings and general mapvote settings.

Current features:
- Replacement scoreboard.
- Built-in forced max players mod.
- Scoreboard allows you to view any players steam profile or mute players (or for admins to kick/ban players).
- Spectators have better controls and can go through walls on free roam mode.
- All messages (chat messages) are logged now on console (console which can be shown by pressing tilde key).
- Kill/Damage messages (optional).
- Timed player respawn upon death (optional).
- Mapvote (optional).
- Proper player death messages that show who was killed by what.
- Interface for different admin levels (server will need a custom admin mod for that).
- Fixed so players can see messages sent from WorldInfo.Game.Broadcast function.
- Fixed between map connection messages (so you can actually see download progress), also if connection to new map fails, it will print the error to console.

Planned features:
- Replacement HUD in UnrealScript to show some of the missing information (localized messages anywhere on screen and current carry weight).
- Replacement lobby menu.
- Maybe sometimes in a distant future, custom perks and serverside perk saving (although this might not be possible because Tripwire locked nearly all perk specific variables from modifications).

So i did exactly what the readme file says to the T. even putting

[KFGame.KFGameEngine]:
ServerActors=IpDrv.WebServer
ServerActors=ServerExtMut.ServerExtMut

at the end of PCServer-KFEngine.ini and nothing hapens. I still have the same basic menu.

Any suggestions?

Upvote 0
So i did exactly what the readme file says to the T. even putting

[KFGame.KFGameEngine]:
ServerActors=IpDrv.WebServer
ServerActors=ServerExtMut.ServerExtMut

at the end of PCServer-KFEngine.ini and nothing hapens. I still have the same basic menu.

Any suggestions?

Over time I'm thinking Marco assumes you're familiar with those files :p But it doesn't say "copy paste this exact same thing at the bottom of your file" what it really mean is: find the [KFGame.KFGameEngine] section in your ini file, and add the two serveractors line.

And please don't quote and entire first post with pictures and all.

Upvote 0
Made a tiny update to this mod.
Basically added a KF1 "ServerPerks" upgrade to it, but instead of leveling up perks like in standard KF, it has more of an RPG element into it. It means you gain points for each level up that you can spend on stats or additional traits for your perk. Most of the values for this are customizable on server (either by editing .ini files or through WebAdmin).

Upvote 0
Made a tiny update to this mod.
Basically added a KF1 "ServerPerks" upgrade to it, but instead of leveling up perks like in standard KF, it has more of an RPG element into it. It means you gain points for each level up that you can spend on stats or additional traits for your perk. Most of the values for this are customizable on server (either by editing .ini files or through WebAdmin).

OMG awesome ty Marco you just revived KF2!

Upvote 0
Hey Marco,

Love the mod, the lvling in this mod is pretty addicting and waiting to reach the next level to upgrade your stats has a nice RPG feel.

There's just few things, the pet monsters don't have the same blocking as the players which is causing them to leave the map bounds. The other zeds chase after them where the players cant reach and its causing the maps to be slow.

I'm also seeing some player to zeds scaling problems. some lvl 50 players can basically solo scrake or FP in a 30+ server with few rounds with the damage boost. Is there a way to scale player level to zed health?

Hans is a pretty much a joke at this point, dies in less than a minute.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Looks good but a few the features like most of the voting has no point in solo except choosing a map and skipping the trader time

so could you add a way to disable some parts of it like the kill message which I have gotten used to it playing killing floor(which it seems to be preinstalled in kf)

But someone else already updated it for kf2 and if I like that one more be nice to disable the one in you'r so they don't conflict

Ran in to a bug using the controller, pressed the start button to open the menu and I couldn't use the start button to get out of it or anything really

Upvote 0
Looks good but a few the features like most of the voting has no point in solo except choosing a map and skipping the trader time

so could you add a way to disable some parts of it like the kill message which I have gotten used to it playing killing floor(which it seems to be preinstalled in kf)

But someone else already updated it for kf2 and if I like that one more be nice to disable the one in you'r so they don't conflict

Ran in to a bug using the controller, pressed the start button to open the menu and I couldn't use the start button to get out of it or anything really

Well the menu system wasn't exactly designed to be used with a controller, but for the other issues you have... RTFM.

Upvote 0

The Kill Messages in KF1 was originally a mod as well until it was inserted into the game as a main feature in 2014.

Upvote 0