• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Release [Mutator] Server Extension mod

Marco

Grizzled Veteran
May 23, 2009
Finland
This mod will probably someday evolve into a KF2 ServerPerks version.

The new scoreboard supports more than 6 players, although the looks of it isn't exactly the same as standard KF scoreboard, mainly because it is written in UnrealScript rather then a Flash GUI.
KF2NewScores.jpg

Version 0.25 includes Kill Messages, a mod I made in previous KF game:
KF2NewKillMsg.jpg

Version 0.3 includes mapvote:
KF2MapVote.jpg

Version 0.6 includes RPG elements:
KF2RPG.jpg

So, as said, depending on screen resolution it draws 16-40 players, then it adds a scrollbar where which you can use your mouse to scroll up or down with.
It does not show scanlines like KF2 scoreboard texture, mainly because trying to align the scanlines is a ***** to do in UnrealScript. Also it is yet missing dosh icon.

Download from here

Download source codes from here

Workshop link

Be sure to read the included readme to know how to use this mod.

Version 0.99:
Spoiler!

Version 0.98:
Spoiler!

Version 0.965:
Spoiler!

Version 0.96:
Spoiler!

Version 0.95:
Spoiler!

Version 0.91:
Spoiler!

Version 0.9:
Spoiler!

Version 0.8:
Spoiler!

BEWARE - Using this mod will disable perk progression on your server!

Mapvote remarks:
- To see list of commands to use, say !Help
- To show mapvote in mid-game, say !MapVote
- As admin, to add or remove maps in maplist, say !AddMap <mapname> or !RemoveMap <mapname>
- Contains webadmin interface to edit game vote settings and general mapvote settings.

Current features:
- Replacement scoreboard.
- Built-in forced max players mod.
- Scoreboard allows you to view any players steam profile or mute players (or for admins to kick/ban players).
- Spectators have better controls and can go through walls on free roam mode.
- All messages (chat messages) are logged now on console (console which can be shown by pressing tilde key).
- Kill/Damage messages (optional).
- Timed player respawn upon death (optional).
- Mapvote (optional).
- Proper player death messages that show who was killed by what.
- Interface for different admin levels (server will need a custom admin mod for that).
- Fixed so players can see messages sent from WorldInfo.Game.Broadcast function.
- Fixed between map connection messages (so you can actually see download progress), also if connection to new map fails, it will print the error to console.
- Added RPG style perk progression, meaning as you level up, you gain points that you can spend on stats or traits for your perk.
- Damage pop-ups.

Planned features:
- Replacement HUD in UnrealScript to show some of the missing information (localized messages anywhere on screen and current carry weight).
- Replacement lobby menu. 22

Last edited:
Reactions: cichy and Spongebob
TWI locked the perks from being modded lol? Getting to Lvl.25 in game atm is so easy,that after a while the game will just get dull and die out on pretty much every large server,that stops level progression on 25.

So serverperks is pretty much the only thing that kept large KF servers alive.

TWI enable the modders to mod the perks.

Anyway good work man.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Scan lines piss me off anyway. I understand what they were trying to do, make their flat UI less flat but its just lame imo, Id rather it be flat. TWI has to fix this perk progression thing, no reason non cheat mods should disable perk progression.

Guess it wont matter once we have every perk leveled to 25.

Upvote 0
Wow, Marco is already at work tweaking the code and fixing some aspects of the UI. Glad to see you back and in the new game.

Did I just read you correctly? "This mod will probably someday evolve into a KF2 ServerPerks version."

so by that I can assume that a serverperks 2 project is on the horizon? AWESOME !!!

looking forward to working with you and other key modders for future community based content. Great to see you on the bandwagon again!

Upvote 0
I created an update to this mod. Added some more scoreboard features, mainly that the scoreboard essentially acts like a GUI menu now where you can use your mouse to navigate around now.
Also slightly improved free roaming spectator movement (allowed to move through walls and removed the annoying acceleration/deacceleration movement speed).

Download link is in first post.

Upvote 0
I created an update to this mod. Added some more scoreboard features, mainly that the scoreboard essentially acts like a GUI menu now where you can use your mouse to navigate around now.
Also slightly improved free roaming spectator movement (allowed to move through walls and removed the annoying acceleration/deacceleration movement speed).

Download link is in first post.

Update crashes the game when joining server, bugsplash etc.

Mod was working fine prior to updating it (followed the instructions).

- Edit; reverted back to previous version, works fine. >.<'
- Edit #2; re-trying updated mod; will post if continues to crash.
- Edit #3; still crashes, uploaded .dmp file

Attachments

• KF2_Client26BH0QN7.dmp
    205.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Upvote 0