• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Release [Mutator] Server Extension mod

Does the author know how to fix this? Or anyone else?
Does it need an update?

It sounds like a server issue, not the mod itself. For whatever reason, the server isn't sending it to you, you are timing out, it's getting canceled, there's a wrong version on the redirect, etc.. (I installed it on my server and it works fine)

One way to test is simple, just put the .u files into your KFGame/BrewedPC folder and connect to the server so you don't have to download it. I would delete the cache again if trying this since you might have something laying around in there from constantly trying to connect.

Upvote 0
For all with the the error: failed to download serverEtx package....

Open your PCServer-KFEngine.ini and search for [IpDrv.HTTPDownload]
set RedirectToURL to the public IP or URL that your server is running on.

i.E.:

[IpDrv.HTTPDownload]
RedirectToURL=http://my.kf2server.net/

Dont forget the trailing slash!

Upvote 0
Ok I was having the same problem...I deleted my cache as stated here. Doublechecked files in correct locations( ServerExt.u,ServerExtMut.u,xVoteAnnouncer.upk). Doublechecked my edit <Root folder>/KillingFloor2/KFGame/Config/PCServer-KFEngine.ini and add
[KFGame.KFGameEngine]:
ServerActors=IpDrv.WebServer
ServerActors=ServerExtMut.ServerExtMut

My Redirect was correct.

I then uploaded the 3 files to my redirect site also.( ServerExt.u,ServerExtMut.u,xVoteAnnouncer.upk).

Now it works...I don't understand why the mutator wasn't dnloading by itself. My Brt.Serveradds dnloads just fine..but it works!

.:OsG:: NEW|Modded 32 slots| www.osghc.com

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ok I was having the same problem...I deleted my cache as stated here. Doublechecked files in correct locations( ServerExt.u,ServerExtMut.u,xVoteAnnouncer.upk). Doublechecked my edit <Root folder>/KillingFloor2/KFGame/Config/PCServer-KFEngine.ini and add
[KFGame.KFGameEngine]:
ServerActors=IpDrv.WebServer
ServerActors=ServerExtMut.ServerExtMut

My Redirect was correct.

I then uploaded the 3 files to my redirect site also.( ServerExt.u,ServerExtMut.u,xVoteAnnouncer.upk).

Now it works...I don't understand why the mutator wasn't dnloading by itself. My Brt.Derveradds dnloads just fine..but it works!

.:OsG:: NEW|Modded 16 slots| www.osghc.com
[url]http://74.91.123.58:7750[/URL]

Hope this helps!

How did you upload the 3 files to redirect as well?

After doing what p0rnstar suggested the problem was fixed. But now anytime my friends want play I have to send them the files to download so they can play too.

Upvote 0
Any chance that in a future update to include options in the ini for the admin be able to control the zed pets? By options I am suggesting the option to remove them for all waves, allow them in all waves, allow them in some waves, allow them in all but the Boss wave or even other configurations waves 2, 4 and 6 ...etc.

Is it possible or could it be possible from within SeverExt to control the volume of spawn and the rate of spawn and the zed hp? After players get a little xp under their belts and are able to buy ammo and damage they are able to control the game quite a bit even at the lower ranks. Hence the need to increase hp like the mut from KF1 and somehow a greater and faster rate of spawn each wave. Again using the ini.

Just a couple suggestion and certainly not a demand in any way.

Upvote 0