• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

[Mutator] Server Extension mod

[MOO] Anton

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 1, 2015
Cologne
Recent KF2 Update

Recent KF2 Update

Any feedback on if, when and how one can port this mod to become compatible with the recent KF2 update? Servers with the mod cannot be accessed as of today, and I am wondering whether to wait for the mod being updated as well or migrate back to vanilla for now..

Last edited:

CrazyDGB420

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 5, 2015
After todays update.

After todays update.

So will this work with the update or am i going to have issues? Is there anything i can add or change?

SovietWolf

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 19, 2011
I seem to be having some troubles here, after extracting the files to the correct locations as per the readme the server seems to start just fine with the mutator, however my client crashes each time I attempt to connect to the server. If anyone can offer advice or help that would be great, just let me know. Thank you much for your time.

nejcooo

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 23, 2012
Anyone has files for old pre RPG version? I dont want those RPG elements and custom stuff

[SM]TOPSGT

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 12, 2011
Colorado
slsnipers.enjin.com
One small issue to point out is that the settings tab button somehow is un-linked. When one hits esc key and then the setting tab on the lower part of the black box you can't do anything after that but close the game the player gets stuck there. Not sure if this is known or not.

Last edited:

Plaugniir

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 18, 2015
Iowa
Probably won't work with the new KF2 Version v1012 I think. Sheepkf.com has either Marco's beta running on his server or edits all of Marco's code(doubtful). You'll probably just have to wait for Marco to release an updated version or run without the mod in the meantime.

chrisizsick6

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 5, 2015

The ServerExt compiles without errors. I cant compile ServerExtMut

P0rnst4rs, when i compile the ServerExt I also get a success notification. But when I look in

\My Games\KillingFloor2\KFGame\Unpublished\BrewedPC\Script

The folder is empty. Im really close to updating the Ext mod myself with V1012 but the .U package isnt showing up in the folder.

Look forward to your reply

Slie

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 16, 2010
Not sure how he has it setup up, but if ServerExtMut relies on classes from ServerExt, you need ServerExt in the packages list before ServerExtMut

Daishi

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 5, 2015
I really wish this mod would be fixed. Only having ONE rpg server for all of killing floor is kinda sad.

And I absolutely hate Sheep's server. Its got way to many players and it just turns into people shooting anything that moves with no teamwork or anything. It's a real cluster ****.

I literally just bought a server with the intention of having it capped at about 10 players....and bam, finding out the mod doesn't even work anymore.

Can someone PLEASE get this working, and with more concise (re: newb) installation instructions and verifying that the files referred to in the read me file are actually included or vice versa (files included in the download not included in installation instructions).

forrestmark9

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 29, 2011
I really wish this mod would be fixed. Only having ONE rpg server for all of killing floor is kinda sad.

And I absolutely hate Sheep's server. Its got way to many players and it just turns into people shooting anything that moves with no teamwork or anything. It's a real cluster ****.

I literally just bought a server with the intention of having it capped at about 10 players....and bam, finding out the mod doesn't even work anymore.

Can someone PLEASE get this working, and with more concise (re: newb) installation instructions and verifying that the files referred to in the read me file are actually included or vice versa (files included in the download not included in installation instructions).
There's more then one server using the beta serverperks

Marco

May 23, 2009
Finland
I updated the first post with a update to this mod which works on the current KF2 version now.

I also would like to remind you that I purely work on these projects for free on my spare time, I am not obligated in any way to keep posting these mods to the public. So if you see a server running this mod or any of my others, it may be because it is still work in progress and will be released to public later.

Daishi

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 5, 2015
I updated the first post with a update to this mod which works on the current KF2 version now.

I also would like to remind you that I purely work on these projects for free on my spare time, I am not obligated in any way to keep posting these mods to the public. So if you see a server running this mod or any of my others, it may be because it is still work in progress and will be released to public later.
Setup a donations page, or a kickstarter! I know I would kick in money to help the creative process of getting these amazing mods going!

Could someone tell me what I am supposed to do with the source code downloads? Or the xVoteAnnouncer.upx?

I am also getting "downloading package "server.ext" failed: error opening file" now.....

I added a download url to my engine file, and the error changed saying "Version Mismatch"

I removed the url annnnd now I can connect to the server but as it loads it plays that CLUNK sound that means something happens and its stuck in the loading screen forever. Aka "connection to the serve has been lost".

ASDFGHASGH! Can anyone help me get this mod working? I finally managed to get the webadmin working, and it shows that its loaded....but I cant connect.

As soon as I remove ServerActors=IpDrv.WebServer ServerActors=ServerExtMut.ServerExtMut from the ini, the server works 100%. What am I doing wrong?

Last edited:

Bradzz

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 13, 2015
Setup a donations page, or a kickstarter! I know I would kick in money to help the creative process of getting these amazing mods going!

Could someone tell me what I am supposed to do with the source code downloads? Or the xVoteAnnouncer.upx?

I am also getting "downloading package "server.ext" failed: error opening file" now.....

I added a download url to my engine file, and the error changed saying "Version Mismatch"

I removed the url annnnd now I can connect to the server but as it loads it plays that CLUNK sound that means something happens and its stuck in the loading screen forever. Aka "connection to the serve has been lost".

ASDFGHASGH! Can anyone help me get this mod working? I finally managed to get the webadmin working, and it shows that its loaded....but I cant connect.

As soon as I remove ServerActors=IpDrv.WebServer ServerActors=ServerExtMut.ServerExtMut from the ini, the server works 100%. What am I doing wrong?
Yep mines doing exactly the same. i even remvoed it from the WebAdmin. and added the 'Mutator=ServerExtMut.ServerExtMut' to the startup line... still doesnt work

Last edited: