• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Release [Mutator] Server Extension mod

Well I looked up the ini format of maplist and it seams to be in KFGame.ini under [KFGame.KFGameInfo] section:
GameMapCycles=(Maps=("KF-BurningParis","KF-Bioticslab","KF-Outpost","KF-VolterManor"))
There is a limit on how long one line may be in config file, but you can actually add more maps by adding more GameMapCycles lines:
GameMapCycles=(Maps=("KF-BurningParis","KF-Bioticslab","KF-Outpost","KF-VolterManor"))
GameMapCycles=(Maps=("KF-MoreMaps..."))
On WebAdmin you do this by creating a new cycle from top of the menu (see attached screenshot).

Attachments

• Maplist.jpg
    Maplist.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Marco, so thankful to you for working on this. I am working on a server. Atm the perks are lost at map change. If I change the map to the same map from the web admin the muts and perks are once again active.....stumped.

update. looks like the GameTypeConfigurator.u was the cause. Maybe a future update will fix the issue between the muts?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well I looked up the ini format of maplist and it seams to be in KFGame.ini under [KFGame.KFGameInfo] section:

There is a limit on how long one line may be in config file, but you can actually add more maps by adding more GameMapCycles lines:

On WebAdmin you do this by creating a new cycle from top of the menu (see attached screenshot).

Thanks for quick reply Marco, I will test it but I don't think you can have multiple MapLists active. Wonder if it would be possible to have the voting handler load multiple maplists and let you select in game like the game option drop down in the menu. Maybe an idea for the ServerPerks version :D

Upvote 0
Yeah, having a bit of a problem with the skills points that people are assigning to their perks are not saving between map changes. Anyone else have this issue??

Have experienced similar issue. Have since set all of the .inis to read only. When I used the webadmin it would zero everything out and I would have to revert manually. Setting to read only and not using webadmin to manage ServerExt perks now works great

Upvote 0
Dunno if this has already been suggested but I think there should be a section which compiles the values together like (I know this is wrong but on a visual term):

[ServerExt.Ext_TraitHealthReg]
HealthRegenValue=10
RegenInterval=30
LevelCosts=40
MinLevel=0
ConfigVersion=1

Something like this will give the admins complete control over the perks and how the server runs. Just a suggestion.

Upvote 0
Levelling Recommendation / Config

Levelling Recommendation / Config

I'd love to see a complete config file for the skills, traits ect.
Editing the values now is okay but changing some things can be painful or just "going in blind". Here's how I think it can be improved... (I know this wont work , but it would be good to see something like it)

http://pastebin.com/cVLLVs7H
(Had to use a pastebin, got kinda lengthy...)

Upvote 0
GametypeConfigurator conflicts

GametypeConfigurator conflicts

Running ServerExt and GametypeConfigurator together would always (for my server) disable ServerExt Perks and refund all spent points.

ForrestMarkX (Author of GametypeConfigurator) added a fix to allow it to work with ServerExt. Remove ServerExt from ServerActors and enable "Use ServerExt" in GMConfig.ini.

I haven't tested it that way because I used the mapvoting system to load GametypeConfigurator in the mutator section. It would only happen after a map change. On initial map after starting server would work fine.

These are only my experiences. I'm sure other people have found other workarounds or never had issues with it.

Upvote 0

I follow the GameType author's install step to set GameType mutator into command line only and set bUseServerExt to true. I can run my server perfectly, once players spawn into the game, they can't open ServerExt menu via ESC key, and Mapvote system still work(by typing !mapvote command in game).

And then, I follow your step, ServerExt menu problem still happened. I tried so hard XD anyway, thank you for sharing the steps.

Upvote 0
Running ServerExt and GametypeConfigurator together would always (for my server) disable ServerExt Perks and refund all spent points.

ForrestMarkX (Author of GametypeConfigurator) added a fix to allow it to work with ServerExt. Remove ServerExt from ServerActors and enable "Use ServerExt" in GMConfig.ini.

I haven't tested it that way because I used the mapvoting system to load GametypeConfigurator in the mutator section. It would only happen after a map change. On initial map after starting server would work fine.

These are only my experiences. I'm sure other people have found other workarounds or never had issues with it.

TY this was my experience also. Worked on startup but not after a map change. Running the server now without the configurator.

Upvote 0