• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Release [Mutator] RO1ChatterMut

Ducky

Super Moderator
May 22, 2011
Netherlands
RO1ChatterMut (rev. 68) [Not White-Listed]

RO1ChatterMut.png

This mutator is currently being tested on the RGN custom map server.

Slappy Cromwell and I worked together to make a mutator out of Slappy's RO1ChatterMod package.

Putting his sound package in a mutator jacket has the following advantages:

• Players don't need to manually replace the stock RO2 audio files. Instead they can download the RO1 audio cues from the RO2 Steam Workshop by subscribing to this mutator package.
  • The stock RO2 files will never be overwritten by this mutator.
  • A new RO2 update will not replace the RO1 audio files.
  • A verify game cache will not overwrite the RO1 audio files.
  • The player can choose by himself if he want to hear the RO1 sounds or the RO2 sounds. Default the mutator uses the RO2 audio cues, though he can switch to the RO1 audio cues (and back again) at any time by entering a console command or by using the RO2 workshop mutator menu.

Insights:

The mutator is instanced on the server, but it will not do much there. All essential code will be executed on the clients. The only thing the server side code does is propagating the client console commands to the right client. And telling the client when it should start swapping the audio cue files.

Download:

Server files:
Click here to download the server files

Client files:
Client files are available on the steam workshop.

Installation:

Server side:

Please note that this mutator is not white-listed and for that reason unranks the server.

1. Download the server side zip file.
  2. Unpack the zip file.
  3. The RO1ChatterMut.u file in the CookedPCServer folder goes into the same folder on your server.
  4. All files in the Config folder go into the same folder on your server.
  5. The RO1ChatterMut.int file in the Localization\INT folder should go in the same folder on your server.

Activation (server side only):

The mutator can simply be activated and deactivated as any other mutator (also in the Change Map screen of the web-admin).
The command line command is: ?mutator=RO1ChatterMut.RO1ChatterMut

Settings:

Server side:

Something new is that this mutator will add settings to the web-admin. Here is a picture of the screen:
Spoiler!

Those settings can also be found in the RORO1ChatterMut.ini file on your server.

• bEnableLogging
    Enables/disables debug info logging. The debug logging will only be enabled/disabled for this mutator and it will be enabled/disabled on server and all connected client.
    Values: True/False

Client side:

Clients can configure the mutator using the in-game Workshop - Mutators - Configure page.
Spoiler!

Console commands:

• Mutate RCM Enable
    Enables the RO1 sound cues for this player (it sets bRO1ChatterMutDisabled to False).
    The new setting will be saved to the RORO1ChatterMut.ini file on the client computer.
  • Mutate RCM Disable
    Disables the RO1 sound cues for this player (it sets bRO1ChatterMutDisabled to True).
    The new setting will be saved to the RORO1ChatterMut.ini file on the client computer.

What's next:

Credits to:

• Slappy Cromwell for the RO1 Chatter mod
  • bobsynergy for the RO1 weapon sound pack
  • Mike Nomad for letting me test this mutator on his server

Last edited:
Clients were crashing if the sound cues were not well received at their side. For this I made a change. The main change is that the mutator does not contain the sound files. It is not even aware of the sound files. After selecting your team it will check if the sound package is there. If it is and if the player has bRO1ChatterMutDisabled set to false , then it will activate the found RO1 sound package, otherwise it will use the stock RO2 sounds. The sound package itself will be made downloadable over Steam Workshop. This allows players to use different sound packages too. They can make their own custom sound package and use it. Now who will make the Walt Disney sound package? ;)

I will do some final tests and if successful, then I will make a beta 2 build and publish it after successful life testing on a server.

Upvote 0
Hey Ducky and news on this? I really wanted to see the weapon sounds get implemented in here too.

Weapon sounds are not yet added, because I first want it to be released for the chatter only. Then after that an offspring of this mutator with added weapon sounds. The chatter mutator itself is still waiting to be white-listed.

Upvote 0
I've moved this mutator out of the beta stage and made it a final release. The mutator did not pass TWI's white-list procedure. This means that any server running this mutator will become unranked (as long as the mutator is active).

Given reason:
We felt that it was too big of a departure from that core gameplay, which is why we decided not to white list it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0