• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Release [Mutator] ReservedSlots (white-listed)

The high pings due to CPU overload weren't caused by the mutator iteslf, but due to people connecting to it and downloading the mutator file from the server. If you place the mutator file on a redirect and configure the redirect correctly, then the pings will stay lower. I know that Cat_in_da_Hat is still using this mutator without having any issues other than not being able to add more than 100 members to his member list from out of the web-admin. A fix for that is on the edge of being released for white-listing.

Upvote 0
The new version doesnt like Reserved Slots. Will crash the server when it starts, however if you do a map change and load the mutator that way, then the server will work fine and the mutator will load.

I was trying to use SmartLoader to delay the start of Reserved Slots but the delayed start feature doesnt seem to be working.

Upvote 0
PMed the log to you.

I'm not expert but this seem odd.

0004.25] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'IReservedSlots': Can't find file for package 'IReservedSlots' while loading ..\..\ROGame\BrewedPCServer\ReservedSlots.u
[0004.25] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'IReservedSlots': Can't find file for package 'IReservedSlots' while loading ..\..\ROGame\BrewedPCServer\ReservedSlots.u
[0004.25] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'IReservedSlots': Can't find file for package 'IReservedSlots' while loading NULL

Upvote 0
It looks like the IReservedSlots.u file is missing on your server. That file is an interface file that allows other mutators to interact with the ReservedSlots mutator. It's mandatory for the ReservedSlits.u to run.

Can you check if the IReservedSlots.u file still exists on your server? It should be located in the same location as the ResevedSlots.u.

Upvote 0
Howdy,

it seems that contrary to the OP adding ?mutator=ReservedSlots.ReservedSlots to the command line does not work, but rather prevents the server from starting.

I am able to activate the mutator manually from the Change Map page.

[0012.49] Log: === Critical error: ===
Fatal error!

Address = 0x977965 (filename not found) [in C:\ro2server\Binaries\win32\ROGame.exe]
Address = 0xcf5d43 (filename not found) [in C:\ro2server\Binaries\win32\ROGame.exe]
Address = 0x44ee0a (filename not found) [in C:\ro2server\Binaries\win32\ROGame.exe]

Is there a workaround to this?

I am using the Rev134 and replicated the behavior on 2 servers.

ReservedSlots.u is in ROGame\BrewedPCServer
IReservedSlots.u is in ROGame\BrewedPCServer
defaultreservedslots.ini is in ROGame\Config
in ROGame\Config I also see ROReservedSlots.ini and ROReservedSlotsMembers.ini

Below are some examples for working and broken startup scripts. Please note that the spaces are added automatically by the forum software.

start .\Binaries\win32\rogame TE-apartments?maxplayers=64?mutator=ReservedSlots.ReservedSlots -seekfreeloadingserver
start .\Binaries\win32\rogame TE-apartments?maxplayers=64?mutator=ServerEx.ServerEx,ReservedSlots.ReservedSlots -seekfreeloadingserver

start .\Binaries\win32\rogame TE-apartments?maxplayers=64?mutator=ServerEx.ServerEx -seekfreeloadingserver

Upvote 0
Any word on a fix for Reserved Slots not wanting to start on server start Mr Duck?

Nope. That bug can't be fixed by me, because it's caused outside the reserved slots code. If you take a perfectly working mutator .u file. Rename it to ReservedSlots.u and start the server with it, then your server will crash. If you take the original ReservedSlots.u file and rename it to something like BlaBla.u and start the server with it, then your server won't crash. It looks as if it's all in the name.

Upvote 0