• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Mutator] Real Weapons

do crossbows even have recoil? i would assume like longbows, they do not. they are pulling the arrow forward, not pushing it with propellants.

We were talking about the AA12, not the crossbow. The Xbow has virtually no recoil in this game as it is.

And as I said before, you won't need to do much to the Xbow. It's already getting nerfed to the point where it takes 4 headshots just to decapitate a Fleshpound, not kill it.

And exactly what did the conversion of the HS to a doubled barreled rifle do, other than make exactly like what it sounds like.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Unfortunately the bullet will continuously go through everything and never stop.

It won't, if you look at the code you'll see there's a limit.

do crossbows even have recoil? i would assume like longbows, they do not. they are pulling the arrow forward, not pushing it with propellants.

"To every action there is always an equal and opposite reaction"

Upvote 0
"To every action there is always an equal and opposite reaction"

Meaning that the action of the arrow going forward away from you exerts a force on the string of the bow which pulls the bow against your hand, therefore making a recoil. Rockets work by throwing flames out of the back of the tube instead of throwing flames up against the inside of the tube. It's also why you will never see anyone fly backwards from getting a shotgun blast to the chest because in real life such a shotgun would also throw the person who fired it.

Upvote 0
I did look in the code, I see that it gradually loses damage as it goes through, but it doesn't feel like it will ever stop... Maybe. In this case you might want to adjust it so it loses way more damage as it goes through.

Missed this line?

Code:
While( (HitCount++)<10 )

Meaning that the action of the arrow going forward away from you exerts a force on the string of the bow which pulls the bow against your hand, therefore making a recoil. Rockets work by throwing flames out of the back of the tube instead of throwing flames up against the inside of the tube. It's also why you will never see anyone fly backwards from getting a shotgun blast to the chest because in real life such a shotgun would also throw the person who fired it.

Indeed. :)

Upvote 0

Depends on the weight of the Crossbow as well, more weight absorbs more energy.

The penetration code can be easily taken from the class DeagleFire.uc, just copy everything but the class extends line and default properties into your new gun.

I thought you said you didnt know? Anyway, thanks, but i dont see anything else other than Extends lines and Default properties.

Maybe this is the code?

Anyway, i have no idea how to tell the mutator to change all this, if its the usual way it will take soome work....oh dear
Code:
}

X = Vector(Dir);
	End = Start + TraceRange * X;
	HitDamage = DamageMax;
	While( (HitCount++)<10 )
	{
        DamageActor = none;

Other = Instigator.HitPointTrace(HitLocation, HitNormal, End, HitPoints, Start,, 1);
		if( Other==None )
		{
			Break;
		}
		else if( Other==Instigator || Other.Base == Instigator )
		{
			IgnoreActors[IgnoreActors.Length] = Other;
			Other.SetCollision(false);
			Start = HitLocation;
			Continue;
		}

if( ExtendedZCollision(Other)!=None && Other.Owner!=None )
		{
            IgnoreActors[IgnoreActors.Length] = Other.Owner;
			Other.Owner.SetCollision(false);
			DamageActor = Pawn(Other.Owner);
		}

if ( !Other.bWorldGeometry && Other!=Level )
		{
			HitPawn = KFPawn(Other);

if ( HitPawn != none )
	    	{
                 // Hit detection debugging
				 /*log("PreLaunchTrace hit "$HitPawn.PlayerReplicationInfo.PlayerName);
				 HitPawn.HitStart = Start;
				 HitPawn.HitEnd = End;*/
                 if(!HitPawn.bDeleteMe)
				 	HitPawn.ProcessLocationalDamage(int(HitDamage), Instigator, HitLocation, Momentum*X,DamageType,HitPoints);

// Hit detection debugging
				 /*if( Level.NetMode == NM_Standalone)
				 	  HitPawn.DrawBoneLocation();*/

IgnoreActors[IgnoreActors.Length] = HitPawn.AuxCollisionCylinder;
    			HitPawn.AuxCollisionCylinder.SetCollision(false);
    			DamageActor = Other;
			}
            else
            {
    			if( KFMonster(Other)!=None )
    			{
        			DamageActor = Other;
    			}
    			else if( DamageActor == none )
    			{
                    DamageActor = Other;
    			}
    			Other.TakeDamage(int(HitDamage), Instigator, HitLocation, Momentum*X, DamageType);
			}
			if( (HCounter++)>=4 || Pawn(DamageActor)==None )
			{
				Break;
			}
			HitDamage/=2;
			Start = HitLocation;
		}
		else if ( HitScanBlockingVolume(Other)==None )
		{
			if( KFWeaponAttachment(Weapon.ThirdPersonActor)!=None )
		      KFWeaponAttachment(Weapon.ThirdPersonActor).UpdateHit(Other,HitLocation,HitNormal);
			Break;
		}
	}

// Turn the collision back on for any actors we turned it off
	if ( IgnoreActors.Length > 0 )
	{
		for (i=0; i<IgnoreActors.Length; i++)
		{
            IgnoreActors[i].SetCollision(true);
		}
	}
}

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Don't get me wrong, you've got a great concept here. I'm all for enhanced realism, as I'm actually quite fed up with many fps games today that just fail at realism (CoD).

But I'm going to stress the point right now that if you are dedicated to making the game as real as possible, many guns in Killing Floor are going to become overpowered, bar none. In real life, guns are not designed to be balanced, they are designed to be better than what the other guy's got.

Upvote 0
Don't get me wrong, you've got a great concept here. I'm all for enhanced realism, as I'm actually quite fed up with many fps games today that just fail at realism (CoD).

But I'm going to stress the point right now that if you are dedicated to making the game as real as possible, many guns in Killing Floor are going to become overpowered, bar none. In real life, guns are not designed to be balanced, they are designed to be better than what the other guy's got.

Which is why this mod needs a part 2:

Realistic Zeds:

Some of the Zeds attacks require some buffing for realism as well. just take the scrake: a chainsaw in your ribs is going to kill you, kevlar or no.

Upvote 0
Try and find Candlejack on this forum. He knows a little too much about guns. :)

CandleJack_by_snowdrak.png

You called?

BTW, i noticed you said the Desert Eagle fired .50AP.

It's .50AE. AE for Action Express; though it's also been called the .50 Magnum.

Though the Desert Eagle in Killing Floor fires .44 Magnum.
The Desert Eagle can fire .357 Magnum, .44 Magnum and .50AE (.50 Magnum), with 9, 8 and 7 rounds per mag; respectively.

Add to that the fact that a gun shoots a tiny piece of metal that's many times smaller than the gun itself. The sheer size and weight of the gun helps absorb recoil.

Upvote 0
I need help to do the following, or at lest the code lines to do:

*Change magazine size of specific weapon.
*Change ammo type for specific weapon.
*Add penetration to non-projectile weapon.
*Remove yellow trace of bullets.

Im quite sure some of these cant be done, but oh well, please help.

use windows grep to find code inside files

http://www.wingrep.com/

Upvote 0
CandleJack_by_snowdrak.png

You called?

BTW, i noticed you said the Desert Eagle fired .50AP.

It's .50AE. AE for Action Express; though it's also been called the .50 Magnum.

Though the Desert Eagle in Killing Floor fires .44 Magnum.
The Desert Eagle can fire .357 Magnum, .44 Magnum and .50AE (.50 Magnum), with 9, 8 and 7 rounds per mag; respectively.

Add to that the fact that a gun shoots a tiny piece of metal that's many times smaller than the gun itself. The sheer size and weight of the gun helps absorb recoil.

No, i said 50AP on purpose, because i could not remove its penetration ability, so i forced everybody to pretend that it was using Armor Piercing ammunition, i know the calibers originally available for DEs but thanks, worth the intention.

About the Zeds, i also wanted to change their stats but i dont have skill to change anything besides weapons basic stats, the most annoying part is how their health increase according to number of players, playing solo the guns have believable killing ability, but with 6 players the weapons just dont kill like should anymore, that is sooo irritating and i cant fix this.

Too many variables from perks and players number and dificulty chosen, it was a pain already to convert the price of everything according to perk discount, if could i would disable all perk features except the human side, and instead of increasing specimens health along with number of players, it would increase specimens maximum amount at same time on the level.

Even my Ultra Slow pentium 2180 (2ghz) and 8400gs (nvidia) plus only 1gb Ram computer can handle twice the game stock specimens number of 32.

Upvote 0