• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

[Mutator] Random Models

a1eat0r

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 26, 2013
This mutator gives each specimen a random model, so there will be crawlers that look like bloats, fleshpounds that look like clots etc.

Screenshots
Spoiler!

Download
Mutator
Source code
Workshop

Acknowledgements
  • The mutator is based on the official KFMutCrazy mutator.
  • The bit of code to replace squads is taken from the Super Zombies mutator.

Last edited:

Fooarg

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 6, 2013
Good job, dude, I enjoyed it so much.
Oh, just look at that crawler with gorefast skin, want to take home :з

PotentiaLeaena

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 28, 2013
USA
www.lairservers.us
I think this is a little different. The mut you linked uses a random chance of changing a specimen's model, whereas this looks like it replaces them outright. Either way, looks interesting.

a1eat0r

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 26, 2013
Updated:

• Now the Patriarch also has a random model.
  • Added a dummy monster collection class and used the code from the Super Zombies mutator to replace zeds.

Someone already made this:
While the idea is the same, the implementation is different. I also fixed some things that don't look quite right when models are changed, which isn't done in the mutator you linked and in the original KFMutCrazy mutator.

DMN666

Jun 14, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Yeah i remember that Steam_Player isnt the best at making mutators since even i reported the bugs he had in his mut.

a1eat0r

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 26, 2013
Updated:

• Fixed zeds appearing to be stuck in the ground on dedicated servers.
  • Fixed Patriarch's syringe being attached to a missing bone.
I've added the workshop link to the first post.

mmnicolas

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 7, 2013
Every weekend I try to set up something special and this has been suggested to me. We had a blast, it raises the difficulty by making the zeds almost impossible to take seriously, gotta rely much more on what you hear than what you see.

"Hardcore level raised (+2) for Random Models."