• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Release [Mutator] Project One

oldschool;n2287874 said:
Try toggling the advanced editor BIG YELLOW CAPITOL A top right. use the little chain that signifies link enter your link url. ;)

http://osg.site.nfoservers.com/index.php

I really didn't undertand anything. Can u give me link to download this mod? If u didn't catch what links a broken, the link of this mod a broken, i can't download it from 1 page post

Last edited:
Upvote 0
ScrublordSaxton Sorry I missed your message.

Originally the updated version was only going to be released a week or two after I made that post near the end of January. Due to a combination of unforeseen problems, restrictions imposed by TWI's code, a lack of understanding of netcode, and adding more features than I was expecting, it was not completed before the uni semester started, so I haven't had time to complete it. This mod is not going to be private at all, I just didn't want people to have to redo their .ini files when the new version came out, which can be a pain if you make lots of customisations. Also I didn't want to commit to this mod by making it completely public when I wouldn't be able to fix any issues that came up.

Since it will be at least another month before I am able to complete the new version, I will release post a link for the stable version here. Know that if this mod does significantly break due to an update, I won't be able to do much about it for another month.

Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_...=sharing&resourcekey=0-MiYyEwwdPp6hwjKzMrR09g
Installation instructions:

For solo: the .u file goes in Documents\My Games\KillingFloor2\KFGame\Published\BrewedPC, and the .ini file goes in Documents\My Games\KillingFloor2\KFGame\Config. If any of those folders don't exist just create them.

For a server: the .u file goes in kf2server\KFGame\BrewedPC, and the .ini file goes in kf2server\KFGame\Config.

You can have the files in both directories (My Games and kf2server) if you want to use it for solo and on your server. In that case, the two .ini files can contain different settings to each other.

The .pdf is just a tutorial that explains how to use some of the features, and has a list of the new features I've added at the end of it. Only a few features were explained because originally this was tutorial was created for a particular server owner who knew how to do the other stuff.

The command to run the mod on solo is:
Code:
?Game=ProjectOneV3A.KFGameInfo_ProjectOne?Mutator=ProjectOneV3A.ProjectOneMut
And for a server:
Code:
?Game=ProjectOneV3A.KFGameInfo_ProjectOne
and add ProjectOneV3A.ProjectOneMut to ServerActors. If you're not sure what that actually means, have a look here: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.co...mutate-problem.

A fix for the auto-kick on map change was discovered fairly recently here: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.co...-on-map-change (although this might have been fixed in the most recent update of KF2).

Just add:
Code:
GameModes=(FriendlyName="ProjectOne",ClassNameAndPath="ProjectOneV3A.KFGameInfo_ProjectOne",bSoloPlaySupported=True,DifficultyLevels=4,Lengths=4,LocalizeID=2)
in KFProjectOneV3A.ini in the [ProjectOneV3A.KFGameInfo_ProjectOne] section. You'll see similar entries for KFGameInfo_Survival and _VersusSurvival, so just put it with them.

I've decided not to make a separate thread for this, I'll do that when I release the new version. Note that this version is from early January, so it's quite possible that not everything works anymore. Unfortunately I didn't save a copy of the source code for this version before modifying it for the new version. You can see most of the code (apart from the defaultproperties sections) by opening the .u file in a text editor, but you won't be able to recompile it from that as far as I'm aware.

The source code of the new version will be included when I release it, as well as a detailed tutorial on how to use all of the features of the mod. I'll try to make sure that the source code is well documented so that people can extend it or learn from it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Know that if this mod does significantly break due to an update, I won't be able to do much about it for another month.
Just to let you know, an update is coming really soon :D...

little preview
f68565b02007c17260805be1d5bb3c55271e1cb3.jpg

edit:
Unfortunately I didn't save a copy of the source code for this version before modifying it for the new version. You can see most of the code (apart from the defaultproperties sections) by opening the .u file in a text editor, but you won't be able to recompile it from that as far as I'm aware.

You can still DECOMPILE with command like this, in a batch file (modify paths of course to match your system):
Code:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\killingfloor2\Binaries\Win64\KFEditor.exe" batchexport %1 class .uc "E:\WindowsSSD\Documents\My Games\KillingFloor2\KFGame\Decompiled\%~n1\Classes\"

Then put your mutator file on it (drag and drop) and you'll have source decompiled to folder E:\WindowsSSD\Documents\My Games\KillingFloor2\KFGame\Decompiled\ in my case ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Pharrahnox
Upvote 0
I am having a strange issue saw a few others had, but the fixes didn't work for me. When I load up ServerExt with Projectone for the first time, or change map via command line it works great. But if I do a ingame map change using the settings from xmapvote it always seems to bork things, and serverext doesn't fully load anymore.

Startup cmd line
Code:
 start .\Binaries\win64\kfserver kf-bioticslab?Mutator=ClassicScoreboard.ClassicSCMut,RTDMutSFv201.RTDMut,ServerExtMutV2.ServerExtMutV2?Game=ProjectOneV3A.KFGameInfo_ProjectOne

Have the line in the ProjectOneV3A ini under [ProjectOneV3A.KFGameInfo_ProjectOne]
Code:
 GameModes=(FriendlyName="ProjectOne",ClassNameAndPath="ProjectOneV3A.KFGameInfo_ProjectOne",bSoloPlaySupported=True,DifficultyLevels=4,Lengths=4,LocalizeID=2)

and

tried both the following for the KFxMapVote.ini

Code:
 GameModes=(GameName="Killing Floor",GameShortName="KF",GameClass="ProjectOneV3A.KFGameInfo_ProjectOne",Mutators="ClassicScoreboard.ClassicSCMut,RTDMutSFv201.RTDMut,ProjectOneV3A.ProjectOneMut",Options=,Prefix=)

GameModes=(GameName="Killing Floor",GameShortName="KF",GameClass="ProjectOneV3A.KFGameInfo_ProjectOne",Mutators="ClassicScoreboard.ClassicSCMut,RTDMutSFv201.RTDMut",Options=,Prefix=)

seems to always break on map change, seems my perk stats still load at least partially if i hit esc it shows my perks properly. normal GUI shows me as a 0 berserker though and my ServerExt settings all are turned off >.<

Edit: Ended up being KF1 Scoreboard mutator that was breaking it, decided i hadnt tried checking for conflictions so i took muts off 1 by 1 and the first 1 fixed it all lol... xD

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I want to increase the damage of new weapons.
Project One is in use, but new weapons are unlikely to increase damage.
Is there any way?
I saw you running server. Now you know, this mod's developer quit to develop.
What do you think making edited weapon?
if you need call me.

[my profile]

Upvote 0