• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Release [Mutator] Project One

Did you edit your DefaultGame.ini and replace all default gametype instances with ProjectOneV3 instances?
DefaultGame.ini

Code:
[Engine.GameInfo]
DefaultGame=ProjectOneV3.KFGameInfo_ProjectOne
DefaultServerGame=ProjectOneV3.KFGameInfo_ProjectOne
bAdminCanPause=false
MaxPlayers=6
GameDifficulty=3.000000
bChangeLevels=True
MaxSpectators=2
MaxIdleTime=0.000000
MaxTimeMargin=0.000000
TimeMarginSlack=1.350000
MinTimeMargin=-1.000000
TotalNetBandwidth=32000
MaxDynamicBandwidth=7000
MinDynamicBandwidth=4000
DefaultGameType=ProjectOneV3.KFGameInfo_ProjectOne
DefaultMapPrefixes=(Prefix="KF",bUsesCommonPackage=False,GameType="ProjectOneV3.KFGameInfo_ProjectOne",AdditionalGameTypes=,ForcedObjects=)

If you are running ServerExt you can just edit the KFMapvote.cfg and add all game properties and mutators in there.

If you aren't running ServerExt then you need to have those edits in KFGame.cfg for game to load mod and gametype correctly.

Is this a dedicate server or just for solo play? It makes a difference as to file locations.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I apologize I didn't check thru your cmndline totally. I tested this myself locally and it works. Without changing DefaultGame.ini. Anytime you do edits make backups first!

The ProjectOneV3.u is located in my brewed [path:C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\killingfloor2\KFGame\BrewedPC]

The KFProjectOne.ini is located in my Config directory [path:C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\killingfloor2\KFGame\Config]

In console:
open KF-DeadShore_94?Mutator=ProjectOneV3.ProjectOneMut?Game=ProjectOneV3.KFGameinfo_ProjectOne
Spoiler!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I apologize I didn't check thru your cmndline totally. I tested this myself locally and it works. Without changing DefaultGame.ini. Anytime you do edits make backups first!
I know that it works and I even said that in my initial post. The question is why faked players doesn't work and if it is even possible to enable them in solo offline mode.

Upvote 0
I know that it works and I even said that in my initial post. The question is why faked players doesn't work and if it is even possible to enable them in solo offline mode.

How many Zeds do you see in the picture? That's faked players enabled in solo offline mode. Default is what 32? So there you go I answered your question for you. Your welcome.

Upvote 0
Install info?

Install info?

I've Done everything the thread says I've read through all the pages, and I've tried adding/removing everything by what people say, but still cant seem to get anything to work. not on server, not on Solo offline, wondering if someone could take a few minutes of their life and put up a short Youtube video o make a guide for this ??

Upvote 0
The mutator sort of works for servers. However, you have to login as admin and use !setfakedplayers every single time you play on a new map. So if an admin wasn't around, the config is pretty useless.

You can set it within the ini so it instead loads with a set number of faked each time. Unless you're looking to change the Faked player count each time you're loading the map.

I have a servercfg set for 2F for Hillside COM/GS practice, I know of a US server that runs 6F+0 Delay and Skell hosts his own official P1 server. On any of these, there's no need to rerun the player count each time.

Upvote 0
Hello, is maximum number of zeds on the map at one time doesnt work? I've edit CustomMaxMonsters=64, but there are only 32 maximum zeds on the map....
Still that does not enable faked players.
have you solved your problem? Cause actually, the problem is with ProjectOne.ini, you should delete [ProjectOneV3-Beta.ProjectOneMut] and the mod should work again=)
If you want to use this mod+server extension mod in offline, you can edit Kfxmapvote.ini

Code:
[ServerExtMut.xVotingHandler]
GameModes=(GameName="Killing Floor",GameShortName="KF",GameClass="[COLOR="red"]ProjectOneV3.KFGameInfo_ProjectOne[/COLOR]",Mutators="[COLOR="red"]ProjectOneV3.ProjectOneMut,ServerExtMut.ServerExtMut[/COLOR]",Options="",Prefix="")
LastVotedGameInfo=0
VoteTime=40
MidGameVotePct=0.510000
MapWinPct=0.750000

Then you can type in console Open <specific map name>?GameLength=?Difficulty=?Mutator=ServerExtMut.ServerExtMut and after map opens - press ESC, then check MapVote and you can load any Map with ServerExt+ProjectOne mutators:)

And the map cycle can be edited via KfGame.ini in documents&settings or via ingame commands:

Mapvote remarks:
- To see list of commands to use, say !Help
- To show mapvote in mid-game, say !MapVote
- As admin, to add or remove maps in maplist, say !AddMap <mapname> or !RemoveMap <mapname>
- Contains webadmin interface to edit game vote settings and general mapvote settings.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hello, is maximum number of zeds on the map at one time doesnt work? I've edit CustomMaxMonsters=64, but there are only 32 maximum zeds on the map....

I had the same problem earlier, this may or may not fix it for you but :-

#Should we allow more than 32 zeds to be on the map at one time?
bChangeMaxMonsters=true
#New maximum number of zeds on the map at one time.
CustomMaxMonsters=50
#If enabled, for each player after the first 6, 1 extra monster can be on the map at one time.
#CustomMaxMonsters is still the absolute maximum.
bDynamicMaxMonsters=true

With these settings I was only getting 32 Runtime zeds too, however after changing bDynamicMaxMonsters=true to false, I got 50 Runtime zeds

Upvote 0
I had the same problem earlier, this may or may not fix it for you but :-

#Should we allow more than 32 zeds to be on the map at one time?
bChangeMaxMonsters=true
#New maximum number of zeds on the map at one time.
CustomMaxMonsters=50
#If enabled, for each player after the first 6, 1 extra monster can be on the map at one time.
#CustomMaxMonsters is still the absolute maximum.
bDynamicMaxMonsters=true

With these settings I was only getting 32 Runtime zeds too, however after changing bDynamicMaxMonsters=true to false, I got 50 Runtime zeds

Oh, great, it works fine ,thanks :)

Upvote 0
Zed Health Scaling

Zed Health Scaling

I'm currently running a server with 10 players + 8 faked. I have noticed that the zed health is still scaling past the first 6 players despite having it set as false in the .ini

#Should we have faked players?
bFakedPlayers=true
#Should faked players affect zed health?
bFakedPlayersGiveHealth=false
#How many should we have?
FakedPlayerCount=8
#Should we force the server's max player slots?
bForceMaxPlayers=true
#Forced max player slot number.
CustomMaxPlayers=18
#Should we do health scaing past 6 players?
bAddExtraPlayerHealth=false
#How much extra body health should a zed get per player above 6?
#Example: 0.25 -> +25% body health per player
PerPlayerBodyHealthBoost = 0
#How much extra head health should a zed get per player above 6?
#Example: 0.15 -> +15% head health per player
PerPlayerHeadHealthBoost = 0

I have checked a zed's health when there are only 6 people in the server and the faked players are not adding any extra health.

Any way to get this working so the zed's health won't scale past 6 players?

Thanks.

Upvote 0