• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Release [Mutator] Project One

Can someone tell me how to play this mutator in solo and where do I place my customwave.upk file?

#Master control for loading custom wave data.
bUseCustomWaveData=true
#Wave archetype references for waves 1 to 10.
WaveRef[0]="lucyswave.Lucy_wave1"
WaveRef[1]="lucyswave.Lucy_wave2"
WaveRef[2]="lucyswave.Lucy_wave3"
WaveRef[3]="lucyswave.Lucy_wave4"
WaveRef[4]="lucyswave.Lucy_wave5"
WaveRef[5]="lucyswave.Lucy_wave6"
WaveRef[6]="lucyswave.Lucy_wave7"
WaveRef[7]="lucyswave.Lucy_Boss"
WaveRef[8]="CustomWaveData.Long.Wave9"
WaveRef[9]="CustomWaveData.Long.Wave10"

does this seem right? my upk has 7 waves and a boss

i also am wondering this im going to try putting it in the brewed pc file since thats where the other .u files go but im not sure how it will reference it from pj1.ini. ill let you know if it works.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi When I launch the game via web admin with the following command:

open kf-burningparis.kfm?Mutator=ProjectOne.ProjectOneMut? Game=ProjectOne.KFGameInfo_ProjectOne?difficulty=3

I get loaded into the game OK but the top left says Wave 1/254 and nothing spawns.

I'm using server Ext mod and using just that mod everything works fine.

Thanks

Upvote 0
Hi When I launch the game via web admin with the following command:

open kf-burningparis.kfm?Mutator=ProjectOne.ProjectOneMut? Game=ProjectOne.KFGameInfo_ProjectOne?difficulty=3

I get loaded into the game OK but the top left says Wave 1/254 and nothing spawns.

I'm using server Ext mod and using just that mod everything works fine.

Thanks
You're missing the V3 at the end of ProjectOne.blahblah. That first word tells the game what package you're trying to load the stuff from, so, if you get it wrong it, doesn't work.

The main post of this thread has the command line info at the top so you can just copy paste that.

i also am wondering this im going to try putting it in the brewed pc file since thats where the other .u files go but im not sure how it will reference it from pj1.ini. ill let you know if it works.
Don't worry about referencing it. Just follow the format in the ini and put the package in the same folder as the Project One mutator.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You're missing the V3 at the end of ProjectOne.blahblah. That first word tells the game what package you're trying to load the stuff from, so, if you get it wrong it, doesn't work.

The main post of this thread has the command line info at the top so you can just copy paste that.

Thanks for that. I changed it to

open kf-burningparis.kfm?Mutator=ProjectOneV3.ProjectOneMut?Game=ProjectOneV3.KFGameInfo_ProjectOne?difficulty=2

but it doesn't seem to be working. The game launches and runs seemingly normally, but without what I would expect from the changes I made to the ini.

I changed fakeplayers to true and set that number to 10 in the hopes of making an obvious change to see if it was working, but waves 1 and 2 are consistently at 32 and 36 zeds. Just to be safe, I changed the zed movespeed to 3.0 from 1.0 to hopefully make a really obvious change, but I had no luck.

I'm hosting a gameserver's server, and the .u is in brewedpc with the .ini in the config folder.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Upvote 0

Thanks for that. I added V3 and it loads in OK but I don't think the changes from the ini file are being applied. For example I set fake players to true and set the number to 10 but the first two waves are still 32 and 36.

Any ideas?

Upvote 0
Thanks for that. I added V3 and it loads in OK but I don't think the changes from the ini file are being applied. For example I set fake players to true and set the number to 10 but the first two waves are still 32 and 36.

Any ideas?
Make sure you've change the header of the ini from [ProjectOneV3-Beta.ProjectOneMut] to [ProjectOneV3.ProjectOneMut]

Upvote 0
Hmm, this is getting a bit frustrating.

My ini file located in KFGame\Config is called KFProjectOne.ini (I also tried renaming it to KFProjectOneV3.ini)

The body of my ini file is:

Spoiler!

ProjectOneV3.u is located in KFGame\BrewedPC

I'm launching the game via web admin using the following:

open kf-burningparis.kfm?Mutator=ProjectOneV3.ProjectOneMut?Game=ProjectOneV3.KFGameInfo_ProjectOne?difficulty=2

The only other mod installed is Server Ext.

My PCServer-KFGame.ini is:

Spoiler!

My PCServer-KFEngine.ini is:

Spoiler!

Upvote 0
Aha, figured it out. Had to change PCServer-KFGame.ini to:

DefaultGame=ProjectOneV3.KFGameInfo_ProjectOne
DefaultServerGame=ProjectOneV3.KFGameInfo_ProjectOne
bAdminCanPause=false
MaxPlayers=6
GameDifficulty=2.000000
bChangeLevels=True
MaxSpectators=2
MaxIdleTime=0.000000
MaxTimeMargin=0.000000
TimeMarginSlack=1.350000
MinTimeMargin=-1.000000
TotalNetBandwidth=32000
MaxDynamicBandwidth=7000
MinDynamicBandwidth=4000
DefaultGameType=ProjectOneV3.KFGameInfo_ProjectOne

Upvote 0
Hi, Can anyone confirm if there are errors !

zeds for some it does not work, for example two mini, which spawn with rtd.

bEffectiveHealthModifier=true
ZedHealthModList[0]=(MC=Class'KFGameContent.KFPawn_ZedCrawler',Multiplier=5.500000,DebugName="Crawler")
ZedHealthModList[1]=(MC=Class'KFGameContent.KFPawn_ZedBloat',Multiplier=2.900000,DebugName="Crawler") it's normal ???
ZedHealthModList[2]=(MC=Class'KFGameContent.KFPawn_ZedHans',Multiplier=1.350000,DebugName="Hans")
ZedHealthModList[3]=(MC=Class'KFGameContent.KFPawn_ZedPatriarch',Multiplier=1.950000,DebugName="Patriarch")
ZedHealthModList[4]=(MC=Class'KFGameContent.KFPawn_ZedCyst',Multiplier=2.500000,DebugName="Cyst")
ZedHealthModList[5]=(MC=Class'KFGameContent.KFPawn_ZedClot',Multiplier=2.500000,DebugName="Clot")
ZedHealthModList[6]=(MC=Class'KFGameContent.KFPawn_ZedSlasher',Multiplier=2.500000,DebugName="Slasher")
ZedHealthModList[7]=(MC=Class'KFGameContent.KFPawn_ZedStalker',Multiplier=3.500000,DebugName="Stalker")
ZedHealthModList[8]=(MC=Class'KFGameContent.KFPawn_ZedGorefast',Multiplier=1.500000,DebugName="Gorefast")
ZedHealthModList[9]=(MC=Class'KFGameContent.KFPawn_ZedSiren',Multiplier=1.500000,DebugName="Siren")
ZedHealthModList[10]=(MC=Class'KFGameContent.KFPawn_ZedHusk',Multiplier=1.500000,DebugName="Husk")
ZedHealthModList[11]=(MC=Class'KFGameContent.KFPawn_ZedScrake',Multiplier=1.500000,DebugName="Scrake")
ZedHealthModList[12]=(MC=Class'KFGameContent.KFPawn_ZedMiniPatriarch',Multiplier=1.350000,DebugName="MiniPatriarch")
ZedHealthModList[13]=(MC=Class'KFGameContent.KFPawn_ZedMiniHans',Multiplier=1.350000,DebugName="MiniHans")

Upvote 0
Hi, Can anyone confirm if there are errors !

zeds for some it does not work, for example two mini, which spawn with rtd.

bEffectiveHealthModifier=true
ZedHealthModList[0]=(MC=Class'KFGameContent.KFPawn_ZedCrawler',Multiplier=5.500000,DebugName="Crawler")
ZedHealthModList[1]=(MC=Class'KFGameContent.KFPawn_ZedBloat',Multiplier=2.900000,DebugName="Crawler") it's normal ???
ZedHealthModList[2]=(MC=Class'KFGameContent.KFPawn_ZedHans',Multiplier=1.350000,DebugName="Hans")
ZedHealthModList[3]=(MC=Class'KFGameContent.KFPawn_ZedPatriarch',Multiplier=1.950000,DebugName="Patriarch")
ZedHealthModList[4]=(MC=Class'KFGameContent.KFPawn_ZedCyst',Multiplier=2.500000,DebugName="Cyst")
ZedHealthModList[5]=(MC=Class'KFGameContent.KFPawn_ZedClot',Multiplier=2.500000,DebugName="Clot")
ZedHealthModList[6]=(MC=Class'KFGameContent.KFPawn_ZedSlasher',Multiplier=2.500000,DebugName="Slasher")
ZedHealthModList[7]=(MC=Class'KFGameContent.KFPawn_ZedStalker',Multiplier=3.500000,DebugName="Stalker")
ZedHealthModList[8]=(MC=Class'KFGameContent.KFPawn_ZedGorefast',Multiplier=1.500000,DebugName="Gorefast")
ZedHealthModList[9]=(MC=Class'KFGameContent.KFPawn_ZedSiren',Multiplier=1.500000,DebugName="Siren")
ZedHealthModList[10]=(MC=Class'KFGameContent.KFPawn_ZedHusk',Multiplier=1.500000,DebugName="Husk")
ZedHealthModList[11]=(MC=Class'KFGameContent.KFPawn_ZedScrake',Multiplier=1.500000,DebugName="Scrake")
ZedHealthModList[12]=(MC=Class'KFGameContent.KFPawn_ZedMiniPatriarch',Multiplier=1.350000,DebugName="MiniPatriarch")
ZedHealthModList[13]=(MC=Class'KFGameContent.KFPawn_ZedMiniHans',Multiplier=1.350000,DebugName="MiniHans")

Some of the packages/classes are incorrect. 4/5/6 (the three Clot variants) should be:

Code:
ZedHealthModList[4]=(MC=Class'KFGameContent.KFPawn_ZedClot_Cyst',Multiplier=2.500000,DebugName="Cyst")
ZedHealthModList[5]=(MC=Class'KFGameContent.KFPawn_ZedClot_Alpha',Multiplier=2.500000,DebugName="Clot")
ZedHealthModList[6]=(MC=Class'KFGameContent.KFPawn_ZedClot_Slasher',Multiplier=2.500000,DebugName="Slasher")

The Mini-Pat/Hans from (I'm guessing) Slie's Extended RTD would be:

Code:
ZedHealthModList[12]=(MC=Class'RTDMutSFv1.MiniPat',Multiplier=1.350000,DebugName="MiniPatriarch")
ZedHealthModList[13]=(MC=Class'RTDMutSFv1.MiniHans',Multiplier=1.350000,DebugName="MiniHans")

Upvote 0
I don't get faked players in solo offline mode enabled. Is it not possible or am I doing something wrong here?

I start the mut/map from the console with this, what is working:
Code:
open KF-HillSide-B3.kfm?Mutator=ProjectOneV3.ProjectOneMut Game=ProjectOneV3.KFGameInfo_ProjectOne?difficulty=3
config in the BrewedPC folder looks like that:
Code:
[ProjectOneV3.ProjectOneMut] 
#==================
# FEATURES
#==================
#Should we have faked players?
bFakedPlayers=[B][COLOR=Black]true[/COLOR][/B]
#Should faked players affect zed health?
bFakedPlayersGiveHealth=false
#How many should we have?
FakedPlayerCount=[B][COLOR=Black]5[/COLOR][/B]

[...]

Upvote 0
Dunno what this has to do with enabling faked...

This one doesnt open the map because the map name is corrupted:
Trying

Code:
open KF-HillSide-B3.kfm?Mutator=ProjectOneV3.ProjectOneMut[COLOR=Red],[/COLOR] Game=ProjectOneV3.KFGameInfo_ProjectOne?difficulty=3

This one does open the map but still without faked players:
Or you could try this also:

Code:
open KF-HillSide-?B3.kfmMutator=ProjectOneV3.[COLOR=red][COLOR=white]ProjectOneMut[/COLOR]?[COLOR=white]Game[/COLOR][/COLOR]=ProjectOneV3.KFGameInfo_ProjectOne?difficulty=3

Upvote 0